[IMG]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t61/elderfam/P1000346.jpg
P1000331.jpg

P1000324.jpg

P1000402.jpg

P1000400.jpg
pg[/IMG]
P1000379.jpg
P1000362.jpg

I took lots of photos of fish extenders as well as door decorations, The sky is really the limit, Just dont do any thing like tape or glue things to your door. I spent one day just walking the halls reading the doors. You just know the kids behind these doors feel special! This trip had a STRONG disboard presence on the ship and it was awsome! I have more to print, if I have placed something of yours and you would like me to remove it, just let me know. I dont want to upset anyone, just show what an amazing creative group we are!:cool1:

I'd love to hear what great things you have received, or put together to share. I made magnets , but wished I had thought ahead to wrap them in a little bag with a ribbon.

I have seen candy bars with special wrappers, as well a zip lock bags of things first timers might forget to bring. paper clips, zip ties, nail file, etc...

what are YOUR ideas?

Those are great!!

Here is mine that my good friend just made for me ( I had bought the fabric about a yr. ago) and she also had our last name embroidered on it... I love it!!

fishextender.jpg

This is my work in progress for our Double Dip in Sept '08.

I embroidered Mickey and Minnie for each member of our family and Pluto on the bottom for our dog -who will be a doggie camp while we are on the ship.

I used cotton fabric and ironed "Pellon Deco Bond" to the fabric to make the pockets stand up better.

FishExtender002.jpg

Great job:thumbsup2

This is my work in progress for our Double Dip in Sept '08.

I embroidered Mickey and Minnie for each member of our family and Pluto on the bottom for our dog -who will be a doggie camp while we are on the ship.

I used cotton fabric and ironed "Pellon Deco Bond" to the fabric to make the pockets stand up better.

FishExtender002.jpg

Do you have one of those cool Disney sewing/embroidery machines? Or did you embroider them by hand? Very cute!!!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if this could be a no-sew project. I don't have a sewing machine, but I was wondering if you could use the no-sew type glue.
I have looked on ebay and haven't seen anything I like.

Those are great!!

Here is mine that my good friend just made for me ( I had bought the fabric about a yr. ago) and she also had our last name embroidered on it... I love it!!

fishextender.jpg

You did a great job! Love it:thumbsup2

also, about a no-sew project. I havent tried to make one that way, but cant imagine why it cant be done. I say "go for it" and let us know how it turns out.

Don't forget to post a photo!

Thanks! But i didn't make it.. my good friend did. I can't sew for beans, but she is a wiz at it!LOL

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I am glad to see that there are some different styles of fish extenders out there, because I am thinking of making a non-traditional one.:lmao:

So I am attempting to make one out of a hanging shoe organizer. So far its looking pretty good. I was wondering if the extender requires a cord-like "hanger" or would a hook hanger work. the organizer I purchased has a hook hanger. I am sure I could fashion something w/ cord or ribbon but if the hook would work...(we leave on Friday & sail on Sat so I am trying to finish all my projects/lists-remind me not to panic)

So I am attempting to make one out of a hanging shoe organizer. So far its looking pretty good. I was wondering if the extender requires a cord-like "hanger" or would a hook hanger work. the organizer I purchased has a hook hanger. I am sure I could fashion something w/ cord or ribbon but if the hook would work...(we leave on Friday & sail on Sat so I am trying to finish all my projects/lists-remind me not to panic)

A cord or ribbon would work better I think. If it is one hook, then it just may work

Debbie

I agree, if you go back and look at the fish on the wall with the other extenders. I am not sure a hook will work too well. Just take some cord with you in case.

Have a SUPER time and take a photo to post here!!;)

Here are a few that I recently made. I just don't have the dowel rod inside the sleeve at the top yet, but you can get the idea. :)

http://i211.photobucket

I love 3rd one pirate and it look excellent. and other look beautiful too.

Scottishwee35

A regular hook will NOT work. The back of the fish is too large. Also, there have been problems with Fish Extenders "swimming" away. The theory is that bored teenagers might be taking them. I am NOT accusing anyone but that was what was suggested to me.
I used one of those zip tie things that you use to bundle wires. It worked great and you couldn't even see it. At the end of the cruise I just snipped it and removed the fish extender.

A regular hook will NOT work. The back of the fish is too large. Also, there have been problems with Fish Extenders "swimming" away. The theory is that bored teenagers might be taking them. I am NOT accusing anyone but that was what was suggested to me.
I used one of those zip tie things that you use to bundle wires. It worked great and you couldn't even see it. At the end of the cruise I just snipped it and removed the fish extender.

Good idea about the zip ties...I was trying to think of a good was to make mine more secure!

Stupid question: Where do you get zip ties? I know you can buy them online, but who really needs 500 of them? Can you get them at Home Depot or somewhere like that? :confused3

Stupid question: Where do you get zip ties? I know you can buy them online, but who really needs 500 of them? Can you get them at Home Depot or somewhere like that? :confused3

Home Depot has them too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter