Firsts, Fourths, and Farewells (4/28 Back to the Future!)

What darling pics of the little princess :cutie: Looks like your vacation was off to a wonderful start! :goodvibes

Aladdin!

That really is a stunning PP pix of your daughter. You are right - pure magic captured. Love her dress!

I made that one too easy, huh?
I kinda got song lyric happy in that last update. :confused3

What darling pics of the little princess :cutie: Looks like your vacation was off to a wonderful start! :goodvibes

What better way for a Princess to start her day than meeting royalty?
The boys, however, were growing impatient by this point.
They needed some action!

Great pictures! Looking forward to more, my family is headed to WDW in a little over a month, reading trip reports is helping me pass the time before we go!

Thanks! Much more to come!
So where did the name baseballfairy come from?

It goes way back even though i'm new to the DIS...it combines my two favorite things disney and baseball and I think baseballprincess was too long or was taken so it became baseballfairy, lol.

It goes way back even though i'm new to the DIS...it combines my two favorite things disney and baseball and I think baseballprincess was too long or was taken so it became baseballfairy, lol.

Gotcha.
I asked because I am also a big baseball fan as you'll see in a future trip report. :goodvibes

great start! i have a 6 year old (well, in a couple days) dd who will always have Ariel as her first love! can't wait to hear more!

great start! i have a 6 year old (well, in a couple days) dd who will always have Ariel as her first love! can't wait to hear more!

Thanks!
It's funny but DD has since moved on.
When asked who she wants on her backpack for school this year, the new #1 Princess is Rapunzel.
I think that change actually happened later this trip (more on that later).
And I think Tiana may have slid into the #2 slot leaving Ariel a distant third.

Thanks!
It's funny but DD has since moved on.
When asked who she wants on her backpack for school this year, the new #1 Princess is Rapunzel.
I think that change actually happened later this trip (more on that later).
And I think Tiana may have slid into the #2 slot leaving Ariel a distant third.

Poor Ariel...upstaged by the new chicks. LOL

Your DD's face was truly priceless. I love the pictures of the joy on our childrens faces, we only seem to get those at Disney. I have one of my DS (4) and his first sight of Mickey and one of his "Date" with Daisy. Daisy is his girlfriend. :lmao:

Poor Ariel...upstaged by the new chicks. LOL

Your DD's face was truly priceless. I love the pictures of the joy on our childrens faces, we only seem to get those at Disney. I have one of my DS (4) and his first sight of Mickey and one of his "Date" with Daisy. Daisy is his girlfriend. :lmao:

Those are definitely the more priceless pictures.
You can literally see the happiness :goodvibes in pictures like those...

After meeting with the undersea princess, we headed into the depths of Adventureland.
As we progressed, the pavement quickly turned a mixture of sand, porcelain, and gemstones:
Disney2011DayOne085.jpg

Disney2011DayOne086.jpg

We had arrived in the ancient city of Agrabah.
This small trading post was created by a simple man with a vision to create the final destination of merchants and travelers.
Fortune has shined on this visionary as the bustling bazaar is full excitement and adventure.
Disney2011DayOne078-12.jpg

The main attraction here leads travelers on a magical journey.
Made famous by the swashbuckling streetrat-turned-prince Aladdin, guests are invited to fly along on a magical carpet.
Disney2011DayOne077.jpg

Sure enough to the sign, if one looks up, you can see carpets in flight overhead and screams of delight from their riders.
Disney2011DayOne077-00.jpg

Visions of Aladdin and his magical adventures surround the carpets.
The center pole is adorned with none other than Genie’s magic lamp.
Now if we can just get to it and give it a couple of rubs….
Disney2011DayOne077-02.jpg

Lower down, you can see Abu dancing in delight.
Or maybe the little monkey is trying to reach the lamp himself.
Or, given his origins, maybe he is dancing after a successful pickpocket attempt.
One can never be too careful with that playful prankster.
Disney2011DayOne077-04.jpg

But it seems that someone has reached the lamp and called out an old friend as Genie also appears in the center of the carpets.
In fact, these carpets may be flying because of a spell he put on them!
Disney2011DayOne077-05.jpg

As you approach the enchanted rugs, potential riders are warned using one of our favorite Disney signs.
Don’t Stand Up and Wave Your Arms Like They Are Broken!
Disney2011DayOne077-06.jpg

We anxiously awaited our turn.
Our adventurers were raring to go!
Disney2011DayOne078.jpg

Alas, our carpet had arrived.
We quickly boarded while Mom stayed behind.
Disney2011DayOne077-07.jpg

I grabbed a quick shot of the foursome before I joined them.
Disney2011DayOne082.jpg

Mom was then able to snap one of all of us since she was grounded.
She had no intention of yet again experiencing “wonder by wonder over, sideways, and under on a magic carpet ride.”
Disney2011DayOne078-004.jpg

But she would not escape the limelight.
Here she is, standing there with her feet firmly planted on the ground...
Disney2011DayOne083.jpg

As for us, we were off!
And once again we noticed the warning – no insane dancing aboard!
Disney2011DayOne078-006.jpg

And away we went “soaring, tumbling, freewheeling through an endless diamond sky!”
Disney2011DayOne078-008.jpg

While we experienced ”new, fantastic points of view”, J focused on one in particular.
Now, here’s something you don’t see everyday.
Camel Butt.
Disney2011DayOne078-011.jpg

Finally our carpet ride concluded.
Now, you must realize that this was X’s first ride in Disney World on his first ever visit several years ago.
On that fateful trip, we arrived one evening and he spent the night in the Emergency Room after splitting his head in the hotel room.
Nine staples and a bit of a rest later, we were off to breakfast with Pooh Bear and then on to this diversion.
He was so excited and enamored by this ride that he broke into tears when it stopped thinking his trip to Disney was over.
He didn’t realize there was much more magic to be had.
So coming back was definitely reliving some magic for our littlest mouseketeer.
And again, when it stopped, came the tears.
Disney2011DayOne084.jpg

He quickly covered as we headed off to the next adventure.
But, before we leave, we can’t forget the good ol’ camels…
Disney2011DayOne080.jpg

Disney2011DayOne081.jpg

And now it was off to the Caribbean to capture some pirates we’d heard tell of.
But our destination may not be what you think.
Stay with us as we are diverted to the plains and jungles of Persia with Experienced Expeditioners!

Kudos to your brave bunch for being daring enough to conquer that dizzying ride! I'm getting lightheaded just thinking about it :laughing:

Fun pictures of all the ride details :)

Kudos to your brave bunch for being daring enough to conquer that dizzying ride! I'm getting lightheaded just thinking about it :laughing:

Fun pictures of all the ride details :)

We (minus Mom of course) love those carousel-type rides.
And this one holds a special place in that it was X's first ride ever.
He loved it!!

After lurking my way through your previous trip reports (which were fantastic!), I had to jump onto this one. Your family is lovely, and I can't wait to see what adventures you'll have on this vacation!

I'm also quite happy J is along--Disney isn't the same for me without a few thrill rides. :)

After lurking my way through your previous trip reports (which were fantastic!), I had to jump onto this one. Your family is lovely, and I can't wait to see what adventures you'll have on this vacation!

I'm also quite happy J is along--Disney isn't the same for me without a few thrill rides. :)

Thanks for joining us again!
But no fair taking J's side.
We do just find without those thrill rides.
Although, as you'll see this trip, J may have started a trend that may prove to be difficult to keep up in the future...

Ahhhhh - Poor Little X - He must really love that ride. Either that or he had a flash back to the ten stitches in his head.

This is one of the many rides that makes me regret the fact that I did not take my kids to Disney world when they were younger. Oh well - patiently waiting for the grandkids! :laughing:

Ahhhhh - Poor Little X - He must really love that ride. Either that or he had a flash back to the ten stitches in his head.

This is one of the many rides that makes me regret the fact that I did not take my kids to Disney world when they were younger. Oh well - patiently waiting for the grandkids! :laughing:

It's nothing special but the kids do indeed love it.
I think their favorite part is freaking Mom out by going as high as they can.
Without Mom on board, they focused on the button they each had.
This ride sports one button in front for height and another in the back seat which controls tilt.
That way, everybody gets to play. :goodvibes

Thanks for that. :woohoo: As Mike points out, I have now made some of their Disney life a little bit more difficult if they are not accompanied, at least part time, by a thrill-ride rider. :cool1:

And as for Camel Butt... let's just say there's a bit of a recurrent theme in some of the pictures yet to come. :laughing: :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter