First Time Resale Buyer

Warriorfish5392

Mouseketeer
Good morning all!!

We have recently put in an offer on an Animal Kingdom resale contract through dvcresalemarket.com. Really fantastic and knowledgeable group of people ready to help you at every step of your DVC journey. Our offer on a AKL 50 point contract at $157 a point was accepted shortly after we put it in and we signed the contracts and send our deposit. Now comes the dreaded ROFR wait!! We are at day 14 and the end cannot come sooner. The entire process of research these past three years had given us a great look into what DVC can do for our family and we are excited to become members!!! Thank you to all the wonderful people who post on the boards and the team at the DIS for providing countless hours of Disney enjoyment and knowledge to help us make an informed decision on DVC. We will keep everyone updated on the ROFR process and good luck to all the others out there waiting!!

Good morning all!!

We have recently put in an offer on an Animal Kingdom resale contract through dvcresalemarket.com. Really fantastic and knowledgeable group of people ready to help you at every step of your DVC journey. Our offer on a AKL 50 point contract at $157 a point was accepted shortly after we put it in and we signed the contracts and send our deposit. Now comes the dreaded ROFR wait!! We are at day 14 and the end cannot come sooner. The entire process of research these past three years had given us a great look into what DVC can do for our family and we are excited to become members!!! Thank you to all the wonderful people who post on the boards and the team at the DIS for providing countless hours of Disney enjoyment and knowledge to help us make an informed decision on DVC. We will keep everyone updated on the ROFR process and good luck to all the others out there waiting!!
Congrats and rest easy on ROFR, I think you'll be fine.

So long as there is no hold on when the contract can close due to the original owners taking a vacation prior to closing, you should know in the next few weeks. The ROFR process seems to have speeded up a bit lately. My last one was submitted in Feb and I had the decision from DVC declining ROFR within 30 days.

If you went with their in-house title company, be prepared for another wait between ROFR waiver (fingers crossed!) and getting the closing documents. I'm currently at that stage and their official ETA is a month. :bored:

If you went with their in-house title company, be prepared for another wait between ROFR waiver (fingers crossed!) and getting the closing documents. I'm currently at that stage and their official ETA is a month. :bored:
It was sent through Magic Vacation Title Company to do the closing, I know they tend to use this company frequently. Don't know if this is who you are referring to. I'm hoping it is a fairly quick and painless process after ROFR.

I am currently waiting for a different title company to prepare docs, and their wait is similar! I wasn’t prepared for that!!

It was sent through Magic Vacation Title Company to do the closing, I know they tend to use this company frequently. Don't know if this is who you are referring to. I'm hoping it is a fairly quick and painless process after ROFR.
Wasn't for us on the VGF contract we finally got documents for nearly two months after learning it was all over but getting the paperwork to us.

Turned out people in their office were out with covid--and with cases surging practically everywhere, I wish you better luck than we had in that regard.

Yes, it is. Hope their backlog is a little more manageable by the time you reach that stage!

So long as there is no hold on when the contract can close due to the original owners taking a vacation prior to closing, you should know in the next few weeks. The ROFR process seems to have speeded up a bit lately. My last one was submitted in Feb and I had the decision from DVC declining ROFR within 30 days.
That's great news!! Congrats on your quick turnaround

I'm hoping it is a fairly quick and painless process after ROFR.
Just to give you a heads up - I passed ROFR on 4/25 and we still don't have our membership set up with Disney. Nothing really overly delayed - just a series of 2 week waits between various steps after passing ROFR. And don't be surprised when you see other people reach milestones before you. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to anything in the resale process....

Just to give you a heads up - I passed ROFR on 4/25 and we still don't have our membership set up with Disney. Nothing really overly delayed - just a series of 2 week waits between various steps after passing ROFR. And don't be surprised when you see other people reach milestones before you. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to anything in the resale process....
Thanks for the heads up!! Hopefully you will have your points soon!!

I am buying resale and we just went through ROFR, finally got paperwork from Magic Vacation Title Company, and sent money and papers 6/3. Today we got an email with a closing notice! I guess now we have to wait up to 30 days for DVC member services to get this processed?

Any word on how long this process takes after the close?

I am buying resale and we just went through ROFR, finally got paperwork from Magic Vacation Title Company, and sent money and papers 6/3. Today we got an email with a closing notice! I guess now we have to wait up to 30 days for DVC member services to get this processed?

Any word on how long this process takes after the close?
You can take a look at recent posts in the closing time thread to see what kind of timelines people are getting

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time-2021-and-2022-edition.3836891/page-84

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter