first time going to WDW, questions about dining plan

cincyfab

Earning My Ears
We are going 3/1-3/8 of this year. 2 year old DD and 4 year old DD. We are staying at the all stars sports.

now im trying to decide if we need the dining plan. Is the plan required for all 4 of us? and for example, lets say we go to a restaurant and only DH and kids want to eat, will I have to order something or can I "save" my meal? I'm an extremely picky eater and could easily skip meals when we are there and just eat snacks that we pack. DH on the other hand needs a good meal for breakfast lunch and dinner!

You would have to buy the meal plan for your 4 yr old and the 2 of you. Under 3 is free. You can use your meal credits any way you want. For example, in Nov. DH and I ate at Trex. I only wanted nachos. He got a meal. We used one credit. But. You might want to look at allears.net and check prices of meals. You might not want to buy the dining plan at all. We only get it during Food and Wine because we use our snack credits there! If you are not big eaters or dessert eaters. You can probably get a better deal on a room only stay. BTW we will be there until Mar 6th!! Hope we have a great time! :goodvibes

Just to add, if you go to a buffet or family style (all you can eat) restaurant you will be required to pay even if you don't eat whether you have the dining plan or not.

If you're ordering off the menu, you can use your credits however you'd like.

I was just thinking anout this because we are planning a World stay and I have children who are the same ages.

Is is faux pas if I share my meal with my 2 year old? or if she shares a meal with her " I-never-eat-what-I-order":dance3: 4 year old sister?

Kids under 3 are expected to share. They don't get dining credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter