First Time at Pop Century... Any Advice?

WDWChick

Disney Veteran
My DH and I will be taking our son to Disney for his FIRST visit in May. We are staying at Pop Century. Any advice on best room location? Is it better than the All-Stars? We usually stay at the YC, but with a 3 year old, we thought this would be better.
Any advice or suggestions would be great!
:crazy:

Did you see the large thread on this resort? I think it is up to 70 pages - answers just about everything you can think of. Do a search and you should be able to find it. It has lots of great pictures also. We are staying there in May. I think it would be great for a 3 year old, tons of cool icons to look at, kiddie pool and pop up jets! If you are used to staying at the YC, the rooms may be a little small for you and you can't beat the YC/BC pool, or should I say mini water park!LOL!! But I like staying at different places each time. I think PC looks like it will be a great time! Can't wait!

Ask for a room that is not facing a common area to help with the noise. We were on the ground floor, facing the foosball area in the 70's. It was a good area as far as being close to the main building, but there were lots of people walking past our room late into the night and we were woken up by the noise. Personally, I would prefer to be in the 80s or 90s (further from the main building) so that less people would be passing by. Especially true if I had a car since those areas are closer to a big parking lot.

T&B

Hi,

Recently back from POP (amongst others) at Easter.

This was our first "value" resort and we were really pleased with it.

Noise is a BIG issue for us so we specified: -

Top floor

Non pool facing

Not near elevators or Ice machine

We had the 70's building overlooking the lake

Most buildings are a short hop to the Food Court as the first phase is nicely compact.

Bonzo

How far were you from the bus stop,thinking of putting in a request ourselves for a quite 70's room:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter