First solo trip (I guess this is now a trip report)

I too used my AE card to buy my AP, so can get you into there too, while I am there.

Getting closer. And boo, both my September flights changed not for the better.

Charade, you will have a great time on your solo trip. It's so freeing to do what "you" want to do whenever, very relaxing. I've done it twice, once was a weekend to visit my son at college, and one in 2019 when my daughter had to back out of a Bermuda trip and I went alone.

Charade, you will have a great time on your solo trip. It's so freeing to do what "you" want to do whenever, very relaxing. I've done it twice, once was a weekend to visit my son at college, and one in 2019 when my daughter had to back out of a Bermuda trip and I went alone.
Thanks. I’m really looking forward to it. While I enjoy going to parks with my family, there are several rides that my husband and daughter like that I don’t. I usually end up holding stuff while they ride.
I won’t be completely alone though. I plan to meet up with several people from the board.

I going follow along too! I'm doing my first solo trip in February and I'd like to get some insight.

Don’t forget to flash your AP any time you buy anything.
only on the DIS can you be instructed how to flash & the post gets likes:duck:

JK, same thing, usually hits me after a few purchases. Wish they’d ask at payment

I too used my AE card to buy my AP, so can get you into there too, while I am there.
have read posts of those tuned away, despite having the card in hand, not utilizing it to purchase their tix or AP.

Only went up once, years ago. Had to wait to get it, decided not an optimal usage of time for us…nice enough if you want to cool off/grab a drink. was surprised the AP lounge doesn’t offer even water.

For the AE Lounge, how do they know if you bought your ticket or AP with an Amex? I used my Amex to upgrade my family’s tickets to AP’s.

I never tried to use the lounge because I assumed we’d be turned away. Maybe I’ll give it a shot in November lol.

Back in 2019 I went into Am Ex lounge and showed my AM card. Receptionist took my card, looked up something on her computer, I guess my account, and said, thank you, come in. Don’t know if it has changed, as I think I didn’t bother last year, as thought the AP lounge was bigger, and I can get free water cups from quick service places and some carts. So did not care if I did not get the small bottles of water they had in the AM lounge, and last time, did not care for the chips nor the granola bars they were offering. I think the AP lounge has chips that were okay. Bring my phone charger as both have outlets you can plug phone in.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic, and yay for solo trips.

Late to the party, but I’am here to read along. You will have a wonderful time Charade. Looks like you have done your prep work.

There are many of us that visit Universal solo. If you have any questions just ask and someone will jump in to help.

Waiting for the vacation seems like it is gonna take forever...
Then the night before you are to return home from the
park, you realize the things you did not cover ...

I can't think of anything else to do right now except maybe purchase some travel size toiletries. I am going to try to take the trip with just a carry on suitcase.

Buying my travel toiletries is one of my favorite things. I keep all the leftovers in a ziploc so I can see what I need the next time.

I haven't checked a bag since my Disney cruise in 2013. Always a carry on and a backpack with a small crossbody inside it which stows under the seat. So much easier to deal with in airport bathrooms.

My vacations are usually a week or a little longer, so I have to pack a checked bag. For this trip I’m leaving on a Friday and returning the following Monday, so a carry on should be fine.
I recently purchased some new spinner luggage I am looking forward to using.

I am excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be living vicariously through your trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter