First solo trip (I guess this is now a trip report)

Day 2 - Sunday October 3

I didn't get up as early this day. I actually got almost 9 hours of sleep. That's unheard of for me.
I thought about going back to Universal and doing the few things I missed on Saturday, but decided to go straight to IOA instead. I didn't want to venture too far into the park because I was meeting Macraven for lunch at Citywalk. I stuck to the superhero section and rode Spider-man and Storm Force Acceleration. I wandered through the shops for awhile and then headed over to NBC Grill. Along the way I stopped at a cart in Citywalk and found one of the pins that my husband wanted.

I got to NBC early, so I waited outside Voodoo Donuts and watched people taking pictures in the donut chair. I saw a beautiful golden retriever service dog. I'm not certain, but I think there was a patch on the dog's vest that said K9 3/4. If this patch doesn't exist it really should.

After lots of PMs, texting, and phone calls I finally got to meet Macraven in person at NBC Grill. We were also joined by keishashadow and disxuni. I can't believe I didn't get pictures of any of my meetings. We had a very nice lunch together and then eventually keishashadow and disxuni went their separate ways. Macraven decided to join me for a bit at IOA. I dragged Mac back to Harry Potter because I wanted to ride Hagrid's Motorbike. I was a little nervous about this (I had never ridden this one before) because I am not a big coaster fan. I can handle the mild ones, but I don't like the thrill coasters that are really high or go upside down. I loved the ride, but it is definitely at the top of my roller coaster comfort zone.

After the motorbike Mac headed back to Universal to meet up with Keisha to prepare for HHN. I walked on to Forbidden Journey as a single rider. The first time I rode that I had to wait in line for an hour.

My last ride of the day was the Jurassic Park River Adventure. This is another ride that I had never been on before. I think I avoided it because my daughter never wanted to ride. I am going to let her know that it is similar to Splash Mountain. She loves that ride. I think she was discouraged by the theming.

It was now almost time to meet bobbie68 for dinner at Mythos. I think I took the long way around, but I had plenty of time. We both ordered the scallops risotto. I thought it was good, but not outstanding. I probably won't order it again. After supper I thought about staying until park close, but decided I was done for the day.
I hardly took any pictures that day, so here is an obligatory castle pic.

On the way out I stopped at Voodoo Donuts. I probably waited in line for at least 30 minutes to buy donuts. I took them back to my room for a late dessert. This will probably not be a popular opinion, but I think they are overrated. I was expecting to be super impressed with these donuts, but I just wasn't.

I channel surfed for a little while and then went to bed. I had to go home the next day.

Last edited:
Safe travels back home Sue!
Don’t think I did any coaster rides this last trip
So you did more coasters than I did this month

Charade, and you did Potter coaster rides didn’t you?
Mac, you rode Hagrid's Motorbike with me.

Yes, I rode Gringott's, FJ, and the motorbike in HP. I don't think I could hanile anything more intense. I avoid RRR, Hulk, and VelociCoaster.

That sounds like an amazing day!!!!!! You got to meet so many other peeps from here...that is soo awesome!!!!

I am hoping that when we go to Daytona in Feb, we will do one day at Universal. I really want to ride both hagrid's and the new velocicoaster. I know Dh will love them. I do get motion sick...so I have to give myself time between rides. I learned that the hard way, the last time dd and I went to Universal :crazy2: It was not fun,,,and I ruined our only day at Universal being so sick. I think it was riding forbidden journey back to back (it was walk on) then going straight onto dragon challenge. Yup...I was moaning along with Moaning Mertyl in the bathroom lol

I can't wait to hear more!!!! Love the picture of the castle

Mac, you rode Hagrid's Motorbike with me.

Yes, I rode Gringott's, FJ, and the motorbike in HP. I don't think I could hanile anything more intense. I avoid RRR, Hulk, and VelociCoaster.
Yes I did …
Oops

You didn’t buy the photo since I was holding on for dear life
It is rare for me to do that ride but had to do it for the homies

I am not a thrill seeker rider as you found out ..
It was my second or third time of ever doing that ride

Monday - October 4

They say all good things must come to an end. It was time for me to return to the real world. I didn't sleep as well as I did the past 2 nights. I was up before my alarm. After getting showered, dressed, and packed, I headed over to the New Dutch Trading Co. for a quick breakfast. Tony Hinds texted me just before 8:00 (our agreed upon pick up time) to let me know he was outside. When I got to the car he told me that he had actually arrived much earlier, but waited to text because he didn't want me to feel rushed. We had a nice drive back to the airport and chatted about his upcoming vacation plans. I told him that I might be contacting him again fir car service in March.

My flights home were uneventful. I briefly chatted with a woman who was on her way home to Charlotte. She also happened to be a Universal AP holder.

In summary I would say that this trip was a great success. I enjoyed staying at Sapphire Falls. I will definitely consider staying there again in the future. I really enjoyed meeting several people from the message board. It was so nice to put faces to names, and in some cases, to put real names with screen names. I really loved spending some alone time in the parks. I love my family, but it was nice to do some things without them for a change. I was able to wander at my own pace (slow), and do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. Best of all I didn't have to hold their stuff while they were riding rides that I did not want to ride. If you are contemplating a solo trip, I say go for it.

I have some family trips planned for the near future, but I am already wondering when I can get back to Universal for another solo trip. If I did the math correctly my AP doesn't expire until the end of next year.

Glad you had such a nice trip Charade, and yes, get yourself back as soon as you can.

Charade glad you enjoyed UO !
Pencil me in your schedule for next year

I always keep the same dates for my fall trips

It was so nice to meet you and hope our paths cross again
at UO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter