First Question

nab486

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

This is my first question on this board, although I have lurked for a long time. Finally jumped in.

Anyway, has anyone ever had left over park hopper days and upgraded to another hopper for a later trip? I know this sounds confusing, but we had a 6 day hopper pass with water parks and all a year ago. We all ended up with the flu, 3 days before going home. We have 1 park day and 1 water park day left. We are headed back in May ( Yipppppppppppe!) and want more hopper days with out ending up with passes to take home ( our kids ages are about to change and child passes would not work for us much longer) Anyway, Disney has said that we can do this but no idea on price, or anything. If we get the 4 day hopper, what about the water park?!?! I am getting confused.

Thanks for all your help
Jamie

Jamie:

First of all, welcome! :)

Now, about your question: did you mention how many days you'll be staying? I don't think I saw that.... You *did* mention four-day hoppers; are you going to be there 5 days? If so, you could just use the leftover day on your "old" pass, and buy 4-day hoppers for each of you. You'd still have the water park day left on your old pass as well.

That's what my dh & I did on our last trip -- we used a ticket with a "leftover" day on it and bought new 4-day hoppers to cover our 5-day stay.

I don't know if this helps at all -- let us know more details, and hopefully we can be more specific. :)

a&e.jpg

Amy
"DiznEeyore"
Offsite '78
ASMu 10/98
PO 2/99
ASMo/Poly/PO 9/99
Contemporary 9/00
VWL 12/01

Amy's idea is very good, as you will be saving money on the one day left on your old passes. If you trade in your old passes for a new 5-day park hopper pass, you will only be credited for the price of one day on your old pass. For example: You have one day left on an old 6-day pass. You paid $225 for that pass, making it worth $37.50 per day. Disney would apply that $37.50 toward the price of a new hopper pass where you might be paying $40 per day. You are better off utilizing the old pass one of the days you are at WDW and purchasing another pass (like the 4-day Park Hopper) for the other days of your vacation.

I know this is confusing, but I hope it helps!

ms.GIF

Tammy aka Kaa
Budget Board Co-Moderator
tammy@wdwinfo.com

Don't really have anything to add just wanted to say hey from Spartanburg to a fellow S.Carolinian! When are you going in May? We'll be down there May 23 - 29!!!!

Have Fun Planning!!

Tiggerkeeper :D

you are always best to use up your old hopper and buy new passes to accomadate the rest of your stay. This way you get more bang for the buck. Tix just went up again this week making your old days even more valuable. Checked with a CM last year and she said it isn't a good deal to turn in old days...Of course you could do what we did...I used my hubbys and mine old hopper passes and we bought new ones for him and DS. Supposedly they are nontransferrable but within the family they don't say anything about it.

Caribbean Beach 91
Off site 92
Off site Caribe Royale 97
All Sports 00
All Sports 01

thanks for all the helpful information. We are going to be at the Contemp. for 2 nights, and the Dolphin for 3. I am tempted to do the Unlimited pass thing for the Contemp. maybe. I don't know. then just use the leftover passes while at the Swan, or the other way around. It is so confusing. I never thought about the old days being credited at THEIR value Yikes, this is all so confusing.

Jamie

Oh yea, to the fellow South Carolinian, we will be ther May 5-12. Yippieeeeeeeeeeee

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter