First Marvel Day at Sea, with MDR Menu!

Thanks SO much for all this info! So glad you had a great trip. It's awesome to hear that Disney really went all out with this, and I'm also glad those who aren't huge Marvel fan's can still have a good time.

A question or two. I know you can get reservations to see Groot and also to see Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Black Panther. From the Navigators you posted it looks like Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, and Loki have official meet and greet times. Were there any other characters walking around for pictures or to interact with (like Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, or any of the Disney Characters in their Marvel clothing?) We won't be able to make any reservations until 75 days out so I don't think its likely we will get Groot or Spider-Man, etc.

How early did you have to show up for the end of the Night deck show to get a good spot? Any additional tips?

And my last question, it looks like there is a lot going on throughout the Day, besides the big end of the night show were there any other little details or shows/activities that you thought were really great and would encourage others to see? Drawing Characters, the USO show, etc. all sound great. I just want to make sure we hit the best stuff.

Thanks again for the great report!

You said that you were able to watch 2 firework shows. We are sailing on 10/21 and got an email sent out that we would only have the fireworks on MDAS. Did you receive a similar email before your cruise? Also, would you be able to post the Halloween day navigator? Thanks for posting! We are super excited for this cruise! :)

Thanks SO much for all this info! So glad you had a great trip. It's awesome to hear that Disney really went all out with this, and I'm also glad those who aren't huge Marvel fan's can still have a good time.

A question or two. I know you can get reservations to see Groot and also to see Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Black Panther. From the Navigators you posted it looks like Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, and Loki have official meet and greet times. Were there any other characters walking around for pictures or to interact with (like Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, or any of the Disney Characters in their Marvel clothing?) We won't be able to make any reservations until 75 days out so I don't think its likely we will get Groot or Spider-Man, etc.

How early did you have to show up for the end of the Night deck show to get a good spot? Any additional tips?

And my last question, it looks like there is a lot going on throughout the Day, besides the big end of the night show were there any other little details or shows/activities that you thought were really great and would encourage others to see? Drawing Characters, the USO show, etc. all sound great. I just want to make sure we hit the best stuff.

Thanks again for the great report!
There were other Marvel characters roaming around doing impromptu pics, but didn't see any classic Disney characters at all that day except for the 7:30 deck party.

We got to deck 9 at 9:30 and got an ok place to stand on deck 10. I wish we would have been there about 15 minutes earlier.

We aren't into drawing so didn't do those but everything else was just plain exciting to be around. We really enjoyed it.

You said that you were able to watch 2 firework shows. We are sailing on 10/21 and got an email sent out that we would only have the fireworks on MDAS. Did you receive a similar email before your cruise? Also, would you be able to post the Halloween day navigator? Thanks for posting! We are super excited for this cruise! :)
Yeah we did get the letter saying only fireworks on MDAS, but ended up getting both.

I'll have to get the Halloween day Navigator from my daughter and post it a little later.

It sounds like you had a great time. Did you like the Magic? Those old ships have a certain charm.

It sounds like you had a great time. Did you like the Magic? Those old ships have a certain charm.
I did like her, but still not as much as the Fantasy. Yesterday was horrible though weather wise, the ship was rocking like crazy, the worst I've experienced in 8 cruises. I felt bad for a lot of people

Here you go:

IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1970.JPG IMG_1971.JPG

I asked this on the other thread, so sorry for the repeat. Did you see the hour long Dr Strange show? Was it good? What was it like? Thanks!

Ok, that menu was amazing for gluten-free me... Until I got to dessert. NOTHING. Guess if i do make the switch I'm contemplating it'll be a Mickey Bar night for me. :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter