First Marvel Day at Sea, with MDR Menu!

Club Disney Chandler

DIS Veteran
I'm at the Newark airport waiting to fly home after the first Marvel Day at Sea, so I'll be posting in several posts instead of one long post. I'll try to answer questions along the way but be patient please.

First off, we booked this cruise before knowing it was an MDAS cruise and we are not Marvel fans. With that in mind, it was a GREAT day! DCL went all out for this. All CM's had special Marvel Day name-tags. Guests can also purchase their own at Sea Treasures, outside O'Gills on deck 3 for $11.99. You can put your name and choice of several different galaxies on it. Also, this store had nothing but Marvel merchandise for this sailing.
IMG_1960.JPG
I've already posted the Navigators on a different thread so won't post them again here.

So excited to read about this cruise since we have a Marvel-obsessed little boy. Thanks for posting. Your heading mentions the MDR menu, will you be posting that?

They had a version of Jack Jack's Diaper Dash during the day with this track
IMG_1943.JPG
All the activities all day long were Marvel and as I said before, we're not Marvel people so we didn't do well at all on all the trivia games. We were actually happy we got 1 right out of 15 questions!

There was Mickey themed dance party on deck at 7:30 that was ok, cute for the little ones but not terribly exciting.

The main Marvel Deck show was at 10:15 and it was fantastic! I didn't take pics because I was too busy watching everything going on. We watched from deck 10 and loved it. There was stuff going on, on stage, pre-recorded stuff on funnel vision and the funnels and zip lines between the funnels got a lot of action. It was all capped off with fireworks, so we did have 2 sets of fireworks for the cruise! Both on pirate night and Marvel night. Like I said earlier, not Marvel fans but absolutely loved this show! The theatrics were great and the Marvel characters were awesome! I love the way DCL goes all out when they do something, the ship just had an amazing vibe all day, that was a lot of fun to be a part of.

Groot was in AP
IMG_1965.JPG

Black Widow was at Preludes
IMG_1966.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nutshell of the day, it was a lot of fun and i'd do another cruise with a special day at sea, maybe one of these days we can do SWDAS on the Fantasy. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll answer the best I can.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of this great info!

1) Did guests dress up as Marvel characters? Debating brining costumes for the kids.

2) "Meet Groot" tix were sold out since day one for our cruise. Did you book tix pre-cruise? Or were you able to get tix while onboard?

3) Did the characters have a marker to sign the Marvel blanket? Did you bring a marker? Were they signing other things too? Like autograph books or pics?

Thank you again! This is awesome. Turns out our Marvel day is also DH bday. We are HUGE Marvel fans! Now to decide - do I share this info with the kiddos or let them be surprised? Thinking I'll let them be surprised. :)

Safe flight home!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of this great info!

1) Did guests dress up as Marvel characters? Debating brining costumes for the kids.

2) "Meet Groot" tix were sold out since day one for our cruise. Did you book tix pre-cruise? Or were you able to get tix while onboard?

3) Did the characters have a marker to sign the Marvel blanket? Did you bring a marker? Were they signing other things too? Like autograph books or pics?

Thank you again! This is awesome. Turns out our Marvel day is also DH bday. We are HUGE Marvel fans! Now to decide - do I share this info with the kiddos or let them be surprised? Thinking I'll let them be surprised. :)

Safe flight home!
1 - lots of guests dressed up in Marvel gear, definitely bring the costumes!

2 - we were able to get our Groot tickets before the cruise but there were some available on the ship, pretty limited.

3 - we happened to have a sharpie for autographs and they were signing other things as well, many people had Captain America shields and plates, as well as lots of picture frame mats.

I think I'd share it with them now so they can get super pumped for it! Enjoy your cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter