First "Grown-Up" Trip With Some Planned Surprises!

mzadell

Mouseketeer
So a little bit of exposition: This is my ninth trip to the World, but my roommate's third, which makes me the veteran (though I know I'm a young'n around these parts). This is also the first time she's gone without being part of a school group, first time on property for her, and my first time without either a school group or family. We arrive in Orlando on May 15th and will spend Friday and Saturday at Universal (Friday night at Cabana Bay). We check in to Art of Animation late Saturday night.

The other thing that will be new for me on this trip is using the Dining Plan. I'm so excited to be able to experience more TS meals and not feel so guilty when the check comes (previous trips with family have always meant one or two TS total). I didn't detail out any FP+ selections because we're still quite a bit away from that time still, and we'll be making (or hoping to make) fairly predictable e-ticket selections for everything.

What I'm perhaps most excited for is this idea of "Surprise Days" I came up with - not saying I'm the first, but I can say that I came up with this idea without knowingly taking it from anyone else. We've planned out the first four days to experience the four parks (in order of opening day, of course) and the last day has to be the bucket-list-leftovers, so that left us two unplanned days. What we're doing is assigning a day for her and I to plan, but not tell the other anything until it happens. Won't know what park we go to until we board the bus, won't know where we're eating until we walk up to the door of the restaurant, etc. We're using a TA and having her check all of our plans, as well as make the necessary ADRs, so she'll be able to let us know if we accidentally picked the same surprise things - which actually already happened. I originally had the thing that now ends our trip as the end of my surprise day, but found out that she was going to pick that too! We just decided since we both obviously wanted it, we'd just have to make it official!

Anyways, with no more fanfare and without further ado, here are the plans!

Sunday (Magic Kingdom, 9a-10p)
rope drop
lunch - quick service to be determined that day, but we'll probably split one thing each from two places (probably Pecos and Columbia)
Festival of Fantasy Parade, 3p
dinner - Be Our Guest
Electrical Light Parade, 9p
Wishes!, 10p

Monday (Epcot Future World, 9a / Hollywood Studios, 10:30p)
rope drop
breakfast - Sunshine Seasons
lunch - Landscape of Flavors
naptime!
dinner - Hollywood and Vine (part of Fantasmic package)
Fantasmic, 9p
explore the Boardwalk (time permitting)

Tuesday (Hollywood Studios, 9a / Epcot World Showcase, 9p)
rope drop
lunch - quick service at DHS to be determined that day
boat to Swan and Dolphin for Fantasia Gardens miniature golf
boat to Epcot International Gateway
dinner - Restaurant Marrakesh (with appetizer/dessert snacking around the WS before/after)
Illuminations, 9p
After-Hours Wind Down at Tutto Gusto

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom, 8a*-6p / Downtown Disney)
breakfast - Tusker House
lunch - like Sunday, but probably with Yak & Yeti / Flame Tree BBQ
explore Port Orleans Riverside (my usual "home" resort)
boat to Downtown Disney
bowling at Splitsville
dinner - Paradiso 37
DisneyQuest

Thursday (Roomie's Surprise Day)
? ? ?

Friday (My Surprise Day)
sleep in
late morning/early afternoon watercraft rental at the Grand Floridian
lunch - Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
Hollywood Studios
explore Animal Kingdom Lodge
dinner - Boma
Epcot, extra magic hours until 11pm

Saturday (pick-up day - whatever attractions we haven't done yet or would like to repeat)
breakfast - Chef Mickey's
lunch - TBD by wherever we are
(if at Epcot or Hollywood Studios, boat to Yacht and Beach Club for Beaches and Cream)
dinner - California Grill
Wishes from the Contemporary catwalk
Magic Kingdom, extra magic hours until midnight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter