First family trip- how is this plan?

Thanks! My friend of a friend /travel agent is pushing so much other stuff but we definitely do not want to overdo it!

Question about adding park hopper later- if I do end up adding it, it doesn't save any money right? I have to pay for all the days. It is only suggested to add later bc I may not need it at all?

I dont hop- its too expensive and i like to focus on one park a day - so I dont want to give you the wrong info about how hopper works. I'm sorry if i confused you in my above post about that.

I would ask your travel agent friend if noone here has the answer. But dont let her give you anymore advice than that. You are on the right itinerary track!

@AllEar2017 - few suggestions: I have 2 kids at age of 5 and 7 and I think I would do several changes:

Day # 1 - I wouldnt go park on first day at Poly. I know its close but I would let kids swim in the pool, grab dinner at Kona, watch movie on the beach, watch electrical parade, let the kids go to sleep at normal time. they will need sleep and be ready for the next day.

Day # 2 - have a good plan on what and where to go. limit going back and forth in the park - do counter clock approach. I would skip lunch in the park and go to the pool and short nap. Why? I would keep kids awake for Electrical Parade and Wishes. for me to take out 3 hrs for kids to rest and get nap so they can survive till 10:30pm without being cranky is worth it. and yes, i kids dont take naps anymore etc - but Disney is different beast.

Day # 3 - DHS - I may be wrong - but there is not that much "right now" to be full day and on top of it you will waste the time to go back to the hotel for a break. I would simply go late if you want to see DHS evening show and do pool in the morning. it goes back to planning FPs and your time.

Day # 4 - I like EP for kids to go "early" - your kids would be able to go on Soarin than Living with the land, walk to Nemo and than Captain Crush --- than use FP for anything you want and be done with a park by 1pm. Take a look at the EP map and how i mapped the rides - almost all together. Pool and whatever you want in the evening.

Day # 5 - with Pandora - i would pick AK at night to see the new land and even book River of Lights Tusker late lunch and have extra FP.

but i would stress few things:

- midday rest
- limited walking
- good plan for each park - where you want to go first, second and third. Keep in mind about "fast moving" rides and "slow moving" rides.

margaret

Thanks! My friend of a friend /travel agent is pushing so much other stuff but we definitely do not want to overdo it!

Question about adding park hopper later- if I do end up adding it, it doesn't save any money right? I have to pay for all the days. It is only suggested to add later bc I may not need it at all?
It is the same price no matter when you add it.

Hello! Planning a trip for Sep 19-24 with my husband and 2 boys 4 and 7 and staying at Poly. Does this sound like a good general plan? Not planning on MNSSHP which is maybe a mistake but I just don't see the value in it considering the ticket cost. Is this a mistake?!

T 9/19- land at noon, a few hours at MK. Either QS dinner at MK/Poly or have Chef Mickey 7 pm ADR

W 9/20- MK all day. Have Plaza lunch ADR but will grab a BoG if pops up.

Th 9/21- DHS all day. Have H&V ppo ADR for breakfast with Fantasmic and Sci Fi dinner ADR. Will go back to hotel midday.

F 9/22- hotel pool in morning with Epcot afternoon/evening

S- 9/23 AK until as late as we feel like it. Will arrive for EMH in am and have Tusker House brunch ADR at 10:30. In evening go back to MK (or any other park) for anything we missed/want to repeat.

Su 9/24- noon flight so no plans!

Agree with PPs - drop the ADR on arrival day and stick to QS in park. Plan 3 FPs for late (like 5pm-6pm-7pm) so you won't be stressing a delayed flight ot slow Disney bus...

I'd actually keep the DHS Fantasmic reservation - in September, Fantasmic may be as early as 8pm/8:30pm, so you'd be out of the park by 9pm and in bed by 10pm, not too bad...

That's probably enough time in EPCOT, although since it's Food and Wine, it may be more crowded. I'd plan your 3 FPs, enjoy Food and Wine and do some "non-ride" focused fun for the rest of the day...

You may actually want to stay the whole day in AK - remember, park hours are short this time of year and AK now has a night show and night events that are worth enjoying...

Also, if you plan to stay "1 park a day", you won't need the Park Hopper cost, saving you $300+...

Also, I'm not a fan of midday breaks this time of year, b/c parks routinely close at 7-8pm (and don't open til 9am)...much shorter hours for you to be in the parks to enjoy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter