First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Four Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am debating what luggage to bring. I got new for my December trip, but I am not entirely happy with how it packed. On my June 2006 trip I was forced to buy a new suitcase when I was at Disney, because when I went to start packing to go home, I found the hard plastic insides had shattered at some point. I was leaning towards Bell Services doing the damage when I changed hotels, but I really couldn't prove it, so I went to the gift shop and bought a Disney suitcase. I kind of want to use that for the cruise. I REALLY want to do this trip with one checked bag and one carry on. But I am a chronic over packer. I also an thinking of packing an empty duffle in to bring stuff home. So many decisions.

Kim

I have a soft-sided carryon with no wheels (more packing space) that I bought from e-Bags for my MF trip. I was able to pack a week's worth of clothes in that sucker, plus 2 pairs of shoes! It has straps so you can use it as a backpack, and tiedowns inside and out to condense the bag into a smaller size, so it fits even the most stringent airline's carryon requirements. Of course, you have to watch the weight on it...mine got pretty heavy!

Ohhhhh, JEEEFFFFFFF.....
Total Posts: 56
User Name Posts
UrsulasShadow 14
OKW Lover 14
shellyminnie 5
scarlett873 4
winotracy 3
DVCsince02 3
kab407 3
halliesmommy01 2
LMO429 2
chirurgeon 2
katscradle 1
3guysandagal 1
Launchpad11B 1
Dodie 1

In best villain voice: Curses, foiled again.

Wow. It's all quantity vs. quality with you folks, isn't it? :sad2:

Where are my props for being post #1 to the new thread? :rotfl:

Hey all, man...a guy goes to Chicago for the weekend and you shut down the other thread, start a new one and let Mindy take control! I'm back home so I'll try to keep up :rotfl2:

I made it thru all the post and doesn't sound like I missed to much, but congrats Jen keep it up, I think I gained the 5 you lost over the weekend. Time to get back on the workout regiment!

and I NEED park hours!

lastly! Exciting new, I get to book my xmas trip tomorrow! whoohoo....

I have a soft-sided carryon with no wheels (more packing space) that I bought from e-Bags for my MF trip. I was able to pack a week's worth of clothes in that sucker, plus 2 pairs of shoes! It has straps so you can use it as a backpack, and tiedowns inside and out to condense the bag into a smaller size, so it fits even the most stringent airline's carryon requirements. Of course, you have to watch the weight on it...mine got pretty heavy!

I have shoulder issues after I broke mine a couple of years ago, so I really need the wheels. And going for 10 days I don't think there is any way I can get away without a checked bag.

Kim

I don't know what I'm going to do about luggage either. I don't want to take anything really big because of the space, but then again, I will need something bigger than what I normally take because of all the "goodies"

I like the idea of packing an extra duffle bag. I might just take my regular sized suitcase and then an extra duffle bag to carry stuff home in. Since I don't have to worry about flying then I can put out more than one bag.

I think that solves the problem!!!!

I have shoulder issues after I broke mine a couple of years ago, so I really need the wheels. And going for 10 days I don't think there is any way I can get away without a checked bag.

Kim
You wouldn't like mine, then...my shoulders were killing me on the way home. Of course, I was RUNNING through the airport with mine on my back, and my personal item wasn't that light, either.

I don't know what I'm going to do about luggage either. I don't want to take anything really big because of the space, but then again, I will need something bigger than what I normally take because of all the "goodies"

I like the idea of packing an extra duffle bag. I might just take my regular sized suitcase and then an extra duffle bag to carry stuff home in. Since I don't have to worry about flying then I can put out more than one bag.

I think that solves the problem!!!!
I think my DH and can get away with the one carryon and one large checked bag, and 2 smaller personal items. That is what I'm aiming for this time.

Wow. It's all quantity vs. quality with you folks, isn't it?:sad2:

Where are my props for being post #1 to the new thread?:rotfl:

Congrats!! Maybe I'll do my best to restrain from the post war...I said maybe ;)

Plus I am still debating bringing the laptop, theoretically to take care of photos. This time I will hopefully remember to bring the card reader that I didn't bring for Mousefest. And then there is the aforementioned camera and the bag it comes in. And I am still trying to find the perfect camera bag. Its kind of like trying to find the perfect park bag. Still looking.

Kim

Plus I am still debating bringing the laptop, theoretically to take care of photos. This time I will hopefully remember to bring the card reader that I didn't bring for Mousefest. And then there is the aforementioned camera and the bag it comes in. And I am still trying to find the perfect camera bag. Its kind of like trying to find the perfect park bag. Still looking.

Kim

I always travel with the laptop, can't risk losing any photos, and who knows I might have to do some photoshopping on the cruise! Between that and my camera bag I'm not sure I have room for clothes.

Kim

I have a bag for my camera that is a backpack and has a slot for a laptop. Now I only need one bag!

That sounds like an interesting combination. What does it look like and where did you get it Tracy?

I don't pay much attention to the luggage talk as we're driving down and it's not an issue. HOWEVER, what is the limit regarding luggage onboard? I have (2) 30"ers. These babies are pretty heavy when packed full. Plus, I'll need a couple of separate but smaller bags for FE gifts, shoes etc. So, what's the deal AskTracy? Thanks!

I have a bag for my camera that is a backpack and has a slot for a laptop. Now I only need one bag!

I have a nice backpack laptop bag, but I have too much camera equipment to hold it all in the backpack. How much camera stuff does your hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter