Firing of Mandalorian actress

They are not really the same thing, but Pedro deleted his tweet and apologized and hasn't exhibited an ongoing pattern, so, yeah there is a difference. Disney watches this stuff and the reactions to it very closely and make their decisions accordingly. I really don't understand all the controversey.

She countered with her own apology to issue to the press is how I read it. She didn't actually issue an apology. She didn't like the one that Disney wrote for her to say, gave them her version, they didn't like it. But did she actually issue an apology?

Yeah, I haven't really seen an apology. I've seen her trying to explain what she meant and that it shouldn't offend anyone, but if she had said it the way she "meant" it then there wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

“Carano says she countered with her own apology, but it did not meet Disney’s approval.”

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...carano-disney-wrote-apology-she-refused.html/

If you read the article, that quote was from the fall incident, and she never actually publicly apologized for it.

She also has not apologized for her February 10 post, which was the one that sealed the deal for her. She deleted the post but has certainly not apologized for it. All she does is give weak excuses for why people shouldn’t be offended by it.

She also has not apologized for her February 10 post, which was the one that sealed the deal for her.
Who does she need to apologize to? Meanwhile, Pedro seems to have a pattern of offensive tweets. Has he apologized for all of them? I couldn’t find any articles on that.

Who does she need to apologize to? Meanwhile, Pedro seems to have a pattern of offensive tweets. Has he apologized for all of them? I couldn’t find any articles on that.

Issue a press release, say you're sorry, mea culpa, etc. It is a general apology.

But, if she were to apologize to a specific group of people...hmm...I would think she should apologize to the Jews for comparing their fate with conservatives. Nothing - except another mass genocide that other cultures/races have experienced throughout history - can compare to the Holocaust.

One can have a two-faced apology that does nothing ("I apologize for you being offended" is not a good idea).

As to comparisons to Pedro, that is what I have seen posted on other groups too. It's equivalent to telling the police who have caught you speeding that there were other people speeding, so I didn't do anything wrong...

I would think she should apologize to the Jews for comparing their fate with conservatives.
But the meme she posted didn’t do that. People just inferred it.

As to comparisons to Pedro, that is what I have seen posted on other groups too. It's equivalent to telling the police who have caught you speeding that there were other people speeding, so I didn't do anything wrong..

Except unlike speeding, the evidence is still there, and the “police” seem to allow some people to speed but others can’t.

But the meme she posted didn’t do that. People just inferred it.

That may be true, but her post was extreme and in poor taste. As I have said - it's the way she chose to say it and people didn't like it and were offended. Does it really matter if they should have been in your mind or not? It happens. If she had handled the whole thing better (including her previous incidents) it wouldn't have been a big deal.

she worked for a company that had her sign multiple things noting that as an employee she represented them.
i had to sign similar things in the corporate world.
She is free to say whatever she likes without being jailed by this country - freedom of speech.
she isn't free to say whatever she likes without consequence from the company for which she works. she works for them. they don't work for her.

if i were to make a post on social media that went against my corporate culture i could be fired.

why is this different.

she worked for a company that had her sign multiple things noting that as an employee she represented them.
i had to sign similar things in the corporate world.
She is free to say whatever she likes without being jailed by this country - freedom of speech.
she isn't free to say whatever she likes without consequence from the company for which she works. she works for them. they don't work for her.

if i were to make a post on social media that went against my corporate culture i could be fired.

why is this different.

This is the crux of the whole issue. Thank you!

Whenever you work for a corporation, there are "personal conduct" agreements that you have to sign. As an employee, you are ALWAYS representing the company. ANY behavior on your own time, especially public social media posts, can be held against you if it doesn't align with the corporate culture.

It doesn't even have to be a corporation. My husband is a United States Marine. His conduct outside of work can ABSOLUTELY be used to discharge him dishonorably (i.e. fire him). He could lose his pension that he has earned. It is a serious thing. You can't just do what you want all the time without consequences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter