Finding the cats

I often see them when eating at White Water Snacks. I sit at the outside tables and there is usually one that we see through the fence. It's a pretty low key place where they can chill out and not have a lot of chaotic people around them.

In May when we were paddling around the island in the canoes we saw a black one on the island :)

After seeing the cats our first time - my kids were quick to point out the irony of employing cats to clear the park of mice - consider the place is run by a giant one!

The two by Grizzly River Run are the ones that I've seen pretty consistently. We've only seen them in the afternoons and some of the CMs in the area said they usually don't appear until after 3:00 pm. So, for those two, it's best to swing by the late afternoon. Francisco seems pretty friendly; I've actually been able to pet "him" (he's very soft).

This is Francisco; "he" has the darker face and is more likely to come down to the fence line.
CatsofDisneyland01_zpsosam17v0.jpg

This is Snickers; "he" has the lighter face and tends to stay up on the hill.
DSC_0199_zpsogmbfhdw.jpg

I've seen other kitties around the resort, but none as consistently as the two by Grizzly River Run.

Francisco has the kink in her tail where it was broken -- easy to find. Snickers isn't tame enough yet for petting, but she watches the show. Surprisingly, they are often out at night. DH says he looks for "the furry rocks that are breathing." Really -- you'd never see them until you notice that the "rock" by the tree is very hairy and... is breathing? Ooohhh, it's Francisco. :) Over by the DLH, Ned (long haired, gray & white) likes being petted. Giorgio (big orange boy) by the winery likes begging for snacks.

When staying at the DLH in November we saw a few cats hanging around near the pool, one was black and white and was kind of just relaxing in the bark. There was a long haired black cat sitting on the patio at Trader Sam's just sprawled out. It was adorable.

We also saw Francisco over near Grizzly River Run. A bunch of guests were admiring her, and when DH and I walked up she approached us and allowed us to pet her (we felt honored!). I know it's recommended not to interact with the kitties, but she was so cute it was too hard to resist.

We spotted Francisco (I think?) in DCA back in 2015. She was super friendly and as you can see by the pic, very close to us!

Edited to add: whoops, sorry for the really big pic!

Actually they're two different cats XD. Snickers and Francisco. Both calicos. And both very likely females although male calicos are technically possible. Just very rare.

Their patterns are similar, but just slightly different in the face. They hang out in the same area.
Yes! I've seen them together before! Glad to know both names now! Thank you!

We saw one in the esplanade on our very first trip and then saw one a couple of trips back when we were sitting at Rancho del Zocalo eating breakfast- the kitty was across the walkway in the landscaped area across from the seating area.

In May when we were paddling around the island in the canoes we saw a black one on the island :)
I am so excited you saw a cat on TSI. This is the first sighting I have heard of cats being on the island. I have asked a couple of Disneyland Live Streamers and a couple of CMs, but always get "I dont think so". I am going to be on the lookout this Feb. trip. We always have at least two picnics on the island each trip.

I am so excited you saw a cat on TSI. This is the first sighting I have heard of cats being on the island. I have asked a couple of Disneyland Live Streamers and a couple of CMs, but always get "I dont think so". I am going to be on the lookout this Feb. trip. We always have at least two picnics on the island each trip.

I have some pictures somewhere, I will see if I can find them

When staying at the DLH in November we saw a few cats hanging around near the pool, one was black and white and was kind of just relaxing in the bark. There was a long haired black cat sitting on the patio at Trader Sam's just sprawled out. It was adorable.

I saw this one (or other cat with the same description) swat at a little kid who was trying too hard to pet it when it was under a chair outside Trader Sam's a couple years back. It then made the rounds and stopped by use for some pets before taking off.

We frequently saw cats near alfredo's tasting terrace and over by Trader Sam's one came by for some scritches

Also, about five weeks ago, I was on the Mark Twain and saw a black cat on the shore of ROA on the old Mine Train track. A CM told me that they all call it "Twainy."

We have seen them in the bushes at the train depot in the front of the park as well as New Orleans Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!