Final payment due??

amydeich

Mouseketeer
So we made our resort/dining/ticket package reservations a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure our final payment is due later this week... but I haven't received a single email from Disney reminding me of this (nothing since my initial confirmation email). Is this normal? I did call a few weeks ago, and the CM on the phone confirmed that our reservations were in the system (and I've seen them on the website), but she mentioned I would be hearing from Disney before the payment is due. Any insight on this? And does our Mickey Mail get sent once this final payment is made?

I assure you Disney is very good about making sure they get their money. You received your first email with the confirmation numbers right? If so, they have your email and they won't forget you owe them money.

Not sure why you feel that you need to wait until Disney contacts you. Didn't your confirmation email specify the date for your final payment? You can make that final payment at any time before that date. If you do not make your final payment on time, you will definitely be hearing from Disney. Mickey Mail usually comes 4-5 weeks before your trip.

So we made our resort/dining/ticket package reservations a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure our final payment is due later this week... but I haven't received a single email from Disney reminding me of this (nothing since my initial confirmation email). Is this normal? I did call a few weeks ago, and the CM on the phone confirmed that our reservations were in the system (and I've seen them on the website), but she mentioned I would be hearing from Disney before the payment is due. Any insight on this? And does our Mickey Mail get sent once this final payment is made?

I have received emails notifying me that my final payment date was approaching. You may or may not get a notification, but the final payment date should be printed on your confirmation, so I wouldn't wait for an email/letter from Disney as I'm sure sometimes guests don't get anything. The package vouchers usually get sent out a week or so after final payment is made. Have a great trip :).

I did not receive a notification before mine was due, so I was about 5 days late paying it! Oops! I realized that it was coming up, so I checked the original invoice and saw I was already late. I booked through a travel agent, so maybe that's why I didn't get an email? It was all fine though. :)

I have never received an email reminder that my last payment was due. And at times I have to call them about my package getting here when they said they mailed it. One time they had to do an express mail to get it to me. Yes they could leave at the front desk but we stay club level. The time I trusted them to leave at club level desk they didn't so I insist on getting them before I leave. I normally pay before it is due. MHO

Have a great trip !

They don't email you before you're payment is due. If you are a week late, they will send a reminder out. If you need more time to pay, just let them know and they will put in an extension.

I've never received any emails other than the first two after we book. One has the reservation confirmation info and the other is an invoice with all the details & a final payment due date. Last year we had an issue because my dd was going to pay her part off with her tax refund but someone had already filed in her name so that put her to paying off just a few days before our trip. Her package with the vouchers and all was waiting for pickup when we checked in.

Does anyone know if there are different rules for WDW final payments for the military? DD thinks they do not have to make theirs until they get to the resort. I have already made our final payment and can hardly wait for our first time visit to WDW. :cool1:

Does anyone know if there are different rules for WDW final payments for the military? DD thinks they do not have to make theirs until they get to the resort. I have already made our final payment and can hardly wait for our first time visit to WDW. :cool1:

It depends on if it is resort only or a package. Packages must be paid by the 45 day mark but resort only don't have to be paid until check in.

fairy oma said:

Nope, it is specific. Have her consult the paperwork that came with her ressie. It is noted on the ressie for payoff.

Our paid in full date is next Monday we have received 2 reminders along with the amounts that we have paid. I would look into it. I know that every time I have used a TA we got no reminders whatsoever. Thats is why we book everything ourself now. It was more work for me to have a TA than to do it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter