FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
If you remember that Wales only has a population of around 3 million, the US should, in theory, thrash us. But you won’t because our amazing singing will intimidate your players. 😉
Who invented Hollywood? Celebrities are finally supporting the national team, so I’m actually curious if we will be getting a good WC song for our national team this year (the ones in the past are kind of corny).

OK, I understand Wales was a late qualifier. It wasn’t intentional.

Well, at least England v Wales in the preliminary round. That should be exciting for UK fans.
I actually enjoy soccer. My kids have played it for over a decade, we've made a couple of trips to watch the USWNT and USMNT. We've seen a couple of Columbus Crew games in person (at the old stadium).

The threads themselves don't bother me. I wish the OP would post more of HIS thoughts on whatever subject (MNT, WC, Canada's team, whatever) instead of just posting twitter posts and youtube videos that other people have put together.
I really don't understand why soccer threads bother people here. It's the community board, not the theme parks board, or DVC, or some other specific sub-board. I'm part of several niche threads here about other hobbies - exercise, photography, reading, even individual TV shows and games we play on our phones. I don't see this as any different.
What celebrity song writer/singer do you want to create the team song this WC? What style of music do you want it to be?

I really don't understand why soccer threads bother people here. It's the community board, not the theme parks board, or DVC, or some other specific sub-board. I'm part of several niche threads here about other hobbies - exercise, photography, reading, even individual TV shows and games we play on our phones. I don't see this as any different.
I just wanted to let you know that the NZ game will not only be on Telemundo but on FS2 as well if you get that channel.

So what is your opinion of the US chances?

In 1994, US soccer pretty much guaranteed they would be a serious threat in 20 years. Not necessarily to win the WC, but to be among the elite group that consistently makes it to the Final 4.
Good news for the USA and Wales. England has struggled in their last two UEFA Nations League matches. If they don’t win their next 2, the pressure will really start to build on that team. And England never does well with national pressure.

I just wanted to let you know that the NZ game will not only be on Telemundo but on FS2 as well if you get that channel.
I was supposed to be in the car coming back from a weekend in NY that day, so would only have been able to listen on the radio.

But sadly, DH is sick, and we had to cancel. I'll check that we get at least one of those channels and put the game on my "cheer up" list.

I was supposed to be in the car coming back from a weekend in NY that day, so would only have been able to listen on the radio.

But sadly, DH is sick, and we had to cancel. I'll check that we get at least one of those channels and put the game on my "cheer up" list.
If you do get those channels and have to travel, you can get the channel’s app and stream the match on your iPhone/smartphone. You could then plug the phone into your car and listen to the game like the radio by using the car sound speakers as if you were listening to a playlist. It’s how a lot of my soccer friends listen to USA matches when driving home from work. I hope your family feels better.:-)

Will anyone be buying their country’s WC kit (jersey) this Fall when they go on sale?

We’re are 162 days away from the opening day of the 2022 World Cup. Final qualification spots will be confirmed tomorrow and Tuesday.

Today, Australia vs Peru is on Telemundo/FS1 (pregame starts at 1:30pm ET) with the game starting around 2pm. Winner takes spot 31 of 32 in the 2022 World Cup. NZ vs Costa Rica plays at the same time tomorrow on Telemundo/FS2 for spot 32. As a side note, Canada plays Honduras tonight at 10pm ET on Unimas in the Concacaf Nations League (CNL). The USA plays El Salvador tomorrow at 9:30pm ET (kickoff at 10pm ET) on FS1/Univision in the CNL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter