Feeling over fee-ed! Looking for off site hotel with no extra fees

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a close to Disney off site hotel without lots of fees. Fees are adding up to $50-60 extra a night for resort fees and parking- which is ridiculous. What is your favorite off site hotel without any fees?

Try Staybridge Suites on Suiteside Dr. Don't remember any extra 'fees', had a free hot breakfast buffet, 3 nights/wk there's a managers reception with free dinner. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite, living area & full size kitchen. Giordano's Pizza is walking distance and DS is around the corner, short drive. We paid less than a Disney moderate.

Last edited:
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks is a good value. Clean, clean, clean! Excellent customer service & includes a nice free breakfast. (2945 Entry Point Boulevard)

Resort fee? What the heck is that? I've heard of the parking fees, which I find completely ridiculous. But resort fee? Isn't that what you pay them for, to stay there?

Just wanted to update. Staybridge Suites on Suiteside that I mention in a post above has now announced a new parking fee starting Jan. 1, 2020. So, if you can get in before that, you should have no fees.

To me its not about fees or not fees, its about total cost/night. This is not difficult math, just add it up and compare apples to apples.

We booked the Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista for our stay the night before we check-in for our on-property stay. They do not charge a resort or parking fee, plus free breakfast. I compared the overall cost of many, many area hotels and this is where we landed.

I don’t know the answer, but fees are pretty common at hotels in popular tourist areas. The ones that don’t have fees may be the ones nobody wants to stay at...
lol pretty sure Hilton-branded hotels are ones people want to stay at. I'm sure there's other well-known brands too.

Fees don't equate to desirability nor security in a hotel not by a long shot.

Parking fees tend to be tied to location specific in terms of the exact hotel. You can find one location charge it of the same exact hotel brand and another location not charge it.

Resort fees I've found are a toss up but I tend to stay at places that don't charge them unless it's absolutely necessary.

You may need to branch out in terms of your hotel stays if this is your viewpoint on fees :)

We are staying at Springhill Suites @ Millenia before we check in to Disney. No resort/parking fees and breakfast included. Newer hotel.
please report back if you like it? I'm interested

Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista does not have parking fees or resort fees. We stayed for around $100 a night in April and have there years before. Traveling anywhere else we almost always stay at Hampton Inns, Hilton Garden Inns, Homewood Suites, etc. All Hilton brands and have always had a really good experience. Hampton Inn and Homewood always have free breakfast included too.

lol pretty sure Hilton-branded hotels are ones people want to stay at. I'm sure there's other well-known brands too.

Fees don't equate to desirability nor security in a hotel not by a long shot.

Parking fees tend to be tied to location specific in terms of the exact hotel. You can find one location charge it of the same exact hotel brand and another location not charge it.

Resort fees I've found are a toss up but I tend to stay at places that don't charge them unless it's absolutely necessary.

You may need to branch out in terms of your hotel stays if this is your viewpoint on fees :)

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. I kinda think of myself as a hotel snob and I love the Hilton brand hotels. Always a clean room, friendly staff, free breakfast and have never once paid a resort fee. Only time I can recall a parking fee was in Albany in an area where parking was hard to come by. There's no need to be paying parking fees or resort fees in Orlando. Plenty of nice options without either one and still quite close to the parks.

Resort fee? What the heck is that? I've heard of the parking fees, which I find completely ridiculous. But resort fee? Isn't that what you pay them for, to stay there?

It's basically a hotel's way of making their room rate look good so they reel you in to book and then they slap on that daily resort fee to cover things like wi-fi, shuttles, and other amenities that should be included in any hotel stay. I immediately discount any hotel that adds them because it feels like an insult to my intelligence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter