Feedback on our reservation choices

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Aussie_Tinkerbell, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Aussie_Tinkerbell

Aussie_Tinkerbell Earning My Ears

Hi all!

My friend and I are coming from Australia to the US to celebrate graduating from university. We only have a short amount of time in the parks, only 5 nights, as this is part of a bigger trip so we are trying to make the most of it.

This is our first time at Disney World, though we have both previously been to Disneyland and I have been to Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disney. We purchased a package including the Dining Plan so we are trying to work out how best to use our credits. I've outlined what we managed to book but I would love some advice on whether we should be changing reservations at all for something different given how short our visit is.

Our current reservations are:
    Day 1 (arrive late afternoon): Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe
    Day 2 (Magic Kingdom): Lunch at Be Our Guest Quick Service; Dinner at Liberty tree Tavern
    Day 3 (Epcot): Akershus Lunch
    Day 4 (Hollywood Studios): Sci-Fi Drive In
    Day 5 (Animal Kingdom): No bookings - planning quick service at Flame Tree BBQ and Satu'li Canteen
    Day 6 (Undecided, late flight out): Breakfast at Chef Mickeys

Would we be better off trying to get a table service booking at Animal Kingdom? Or swapping to the Bon Voyage Breakfast? Is there a big reservation that we're missing? What are our chances of making a swap if they do become available? Should we be trying to fit in something like Hoop-dee-doo?

2. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

Overall I think these choices are excellent!! You cannot do wrong with dining in Animal Kingdom. Tusker House is table service buffet and has very good food. I believe it still may be character dining and I highly recommend.

Great job at picking centralized locations!!

3. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

They look good to me! We usually do not have a TS meal in DAK< however lately if I wanted to book a meal, I would book Tiffins. It is one of my favorites.

I don't think you need to though. Stop at Nomads for a cocktail. Lovely!

4. DisneyFansInNYC

DisneyFansInNYC DIS Veteran

These look like great choices. For AK - we loved Satu'li Canteen. I would stick with that. If you want a character meal then Tusker House is good - also Yak and Yeti sit down. We are going to AK twice this summer and do not have a sit down meal. We also love Sanaa at the AK Lodge - so we eat there either before or after. But I would stick with your choice for AK.

We absolutely love Hoop Dee Doo - we do it almost every trip. I would try to fit it in. It also gets you to see the Campgrounds and the horse stables. Enjoy!

5. lockshock

lockshock Earning My Ears

We went last summer for the same amount of time and would definitely reccomend Satu'li Canteen at AK!

We had dinner with a group of adults at Akershus and didn’t love it. If you really want a princess meal, go for Cinderella’s Royal Table or if not, maybe something else for dinner at Epcot.