February W.I.S.H. - Loving the Healthy Life!

Thankful for being able to work remote...possibility of freezing rain tonight so glad I was working at home which allowed for my mother in law to leave well before temps began to drop.

Thankful DD will sit on the toilet and go if she can occupy herself with Electronics. I really want to cut down on her screen time but it's getting her to use the potty so I'll roll with it!

Thankful for microwaves. It's leftover night and I remember my grandparents not having one and how long it took to reheating things.

Thankful the project from h"ll is in full swing without me tearing all my hair out.

Thankful for a conversation with my manager's manager yesterday that alleviated some fear and nerves. And thankful for the ability to "puke and rally" that occured before that convo.

Last edited:
FRIDAY FREE FOR ALL

maxresdefault.jpg

How has the week gone for you? Any big plans for the weekend?

Hi Everyone! It has been a week. Just really busy. DD got her temps on Wednesday. I got the cold that both kids have had. Thankfully I don't feel bad. Just a lot of congestion. DH seems to have it now. Saturday, DD had a horse step on her toe. It is not broken but it is swollen and bruised and hurts. Work has picked up all of a sudden and it has been crazy with the amount of stuff to get done. We are quickly getting into our busy time. Application deadlines are quickly approaching. Which means reading a lot of essays and selecting students to get the scholarship. It is a fun time but just so busy. It stays busy from about mid March until June and then June and July are beyond busy before it starts to slow down in August and then by October we get into our slow period.

Good Morning Everyone happy Friday!!

Thankful for these past 2 days of Sun-yesterday was 70 degrees!!!!!! Cooler today but still sunny which is great!

Thankful for my health and households health-everyone else seems to be sick around us and it seems people are having a ridiculously hard time recovering. My Bible study was half full last night due to illness and all 6 of my nieces and nephews are sick with one thing or another! Which leads me to the weekend…

My plans have changed for the start of my weekend-youngest niece came down with a stomach virus overnight so she won’t be spending the day with me today!!

Have to take foster dog to the vet here in a hour for a check up, scheduled to volunteer a good bit tomorrow at the SPCA and Sunday will be for church and who knows what else we will get into LOL!

It's a day off after working 11 days straight! It's cold so we won't be doing anything today...good day for movies and maybe some baking. I have leftover mashed potatoes so going to try to use those in a bread or something. February break is wrapping up for the kids

Tomorrow DH and I have theater tickets and maybe stopping by a friend's house after the show assuming I don't fall asleep in the car....been so tired this last week!

Summer vacations are booked, a long weekend at legoland in NY and a couple days in NH for Santa's Village and Storyland. Less expensive trips will give us more time to build up the vaca fund to hopefully return to FL next summer.

No big plans for the weekend, just laying low and trying to kick this cold thing... ugh.

Other than that, I've ordered a new mattress which should come in a week or so. I'm going to move the old one to the second bedroom, so this weekend I need to start shifting things around to make that work. And the temps will warm up again, so I will get out for a couple walks.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

Earlier this week I made the mistake of taking a look at the thread for the Flower and Garden Menus... yum! I immediately flipped over to the Disney site and started looking at booking a trip, but fortunately (or unfortunately) stopped my self before actually booking anything. Have you taken a look at this year's offerings?

Disney Eats Foodie Guide to EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival 2023

Have you been to WDW during Flower and Garden?
What is your favorite part of the festival?
What is your favorite food offering?
epcot+flower+and+garden+festival+01.jpeg

Last edited:
For many many years I only went to WDW in the spring, it was kind of a seasonal reset to get some spring in my body before spring actually started in this area. So by default I'd be there for Flower and Garden, so often so that I was used to seeing the grounds of EPCOT all decorated up, and they looked bare when I started to go at other times of the year.

I think my all time favorite festival food is the Spicy Hotdog with Pineapple Salsa, I dream about it frequently:
1677303407751.png

But everything at the Honey Bee-stro looks delish:

1677303665584.png

Last edited:
Thankful Thursday...I'm thankful I had another positive observation by a literacy coach this week. I'm thankful for my colleagues. I'm thankful for my DD.

Free For all Friday...excited about Dr. Seuss's birthday next week. I read a lot of his books this week gearing up for the celebratory week ahead. I read THE LORAX on Friday, and it jumpstarted a wonderful discussion about saving the planet.

Social Saturday...The Food & Garden Festival, like many other special events at WDW, takes place when I'm working and unable to take time off. It looks like something I would really enjoy, but I probably won't ever get to experience. I would love to go
during Halloween too, but sadly, I only get a few personal days which don't add up to enough time to go to Florida.

PollyannaMom, Safe travels! Have a blast!

Free For all Friday...excited about Dr. Seuss's birthday next week. I read a lot of his books this week gearing up for the celebratory week ahead. I read THE LORAX on Friday, and it jumpstarted a wonderful discussion about saving the planet.
Awww... that's great your kiddos got into The Lorax! We need that hope and care in the next generation.

Dr. Seuss Week was always one of my favorite times to sub. :love::teacher:

Have you been to WDW during Flower and Garden?
What is your favorite part of the festival?
What is your favorite food offering?

Yes, We have been during Flower & Garden before. - My favorite part was the topiaries. Here is one from way back in 2006:
7DCC9401-C756-44E2-9143-E388315FCB40.jpeg

Looking at the menu on line, if I was going this year, these are the things I would want to try:
  • Citrus Baked Brie with preserved lemon marmalade, limoncello-macerated blueberries, and spiced marcona almonds (New)
  • Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
  • Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta with marinated peppers, zucchini, squash, artichokes, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze on grilled ciabatta
  • Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with BEN’S ORIGINAL Long Grain White Rice, mango salsa, and coconut-lime sauce
  • Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale
  • House-made Cheesy Crab Wontons
  • Chocolate Maple Whisky Cake (New)
  • Mighty Swell Purple Magic Spiked Seltzer (New)
  • Hummus Trio: Traditional Hummus, Red-Beet-and-Black-Garlic Hummus, and Avocado-Herb Hummus, served with Moroccan Bread and Crispy Papadam (New)
  • 3 Daughters Brewing Pomegranate Hard Cider

Last edited:
Awww... that's great your kiddos got into The Lorax! We need that hope and care in the next generation.

Dr. Seuss Week was always one of my favorite times to sub. :love::teacher:

Yes, We have been during Flower & Garden before. - My favorite part was the topiaries. Here is one from way back in 2006:
View attachment 742257

Looking at the menu on line, if I was going this year, these are the things I would want to try:
  • Citrus Baked Brie with preserved lemon marmalade, limoncello-macerated blueberries, and spiced marcona almonds (New)
  • Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
  • Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta with marinated peppers, zucchini, squash, artichokes, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze on grilled ciabatta
  • Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with BEN’S ORIGINAL Long Grain White Rice, mango salsa, and coconut-lime sauce
  • Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale
  • House-made Cheesy Crab Wontons
  • Chocolate Maple Whisky Cake (New)
  • Mighty Swell Purple Magic Spiked Seltzer (New)
  • Hummus Trio: Traditional Hummus, Red-Beet-and-Black-Garlic Hummus, and Avocado-Herb Hummus, served with Moroccan Bread and Crispy Papadam (New)
  • 3 Daughters Brewing Pomegranate Hard Cider
Yes to all of these!

Flower and Garden is one of my absolute favorites we have been twice during this time-once in 2019 and again in June 2022.

Looking at the menus this year looks like the China and German booths would be where I would spend most my time!

Had a great day yesterday of volunteering, did 2 dog walking shifts and walked 8 miles and 19k steps-like a magic kingdom day LOL! DH took me out to dinner so I ate all my burned calories 😂

Today we are heading to church and my nieces cheer game! It’s Sunny and 55 so I hope to take a walk today!

Safe travels @PollyannaMom and everyone enjoy your Sunday!!

They got me again...I woke up at 1:30 AM with a stuffy nose, hacking up a lung, and gasping for breath. All week, students came to school sick, sneezing and coughing non-stop. Parents refuse to keep them home or pick them up from the nurse when they spike a fever. I didn’t get a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education so that I could be a daycare provider, and yet, it’s how parents treat me.

I keep windows open for fresh air no matter how cold it is, even if they're just open a crack. I have an air purifier. I wear masks and have plexiglass at my desk and small group table. I keep my distance as much as possible. I sanitize everything they touch. I wash my hands constantly. I'm 58, asthmatic, and I am prone to pneumonia. Every cold puts me at risk...:confused3I just don't know what else to do.

Last edited:
They got me again...I woke up at 1:30 AM with a stuffy nose, hacking up a lung, and gasping for breath. All week, students came to school sick, sneezing and coughing non-stop. Parents refuse to keep them home or pick them up from the nurse when they spike a fever. I didn’t get a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education so that I could be a daycare provider, and yet, it’s how parents treat me.

I keep windows open for fresh air no matter how cold it is, even if they're just open a crack. I have an air purifier. I wear masks and have plexiglass at my desk and small group table. I keep my distance as much as possible. I sanitize everything they touch. I wash my hands constantly. I'm 58, asthmatic, and I am prone to pneumonia. Every cold puts me at risk...:confused3I just don't know what else to do.
Ugh... so sorry to hear you're going thru another round of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter