February 5, 2013 - M&M's Disney Magic 4 Night From Galveston

Out to Sea Lee said:
Hey everyone!! If you have sent me a friend request or message on facebook to join the page and you haven't heard back from me I truly apologize!! I found a message this am in "other" rather than my messages. I think it may be Goofysrus...If so, I've sent you a message.

Lee Ann :)

Thanks for finding me and friending me!!! Lol

You can add us, too. Gregg, Sunni, Belle (5) and Evie (1). :)

We are telling Belle right before we head to Galveston.

We'll be joining you in February for our first Disney cruise! We've been on a couple cruises before and always wanted to go Disney but couldn't afford it. So happy this very affordable one came about!

We plan to surprise our 4 children (ages 10, 8, 6 & 6) Christmas morning.:santa: Thinking about a scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure box with a "countdown clothesline" that hangs bags or balloons with small gifts &/or fun things to expect on the cruise. They can take turns opening one each day...we'll have to see how much time I find to be creative. It'll be here before we know it!

Can't wait!

Lisa

Welcome aboard!! Sounds like fun with all the surprised children!! :cool1: I've added you to our Roll Call list. Christmas will be so fun for all these kiddos!!

LMN6 said:
We'll be joining you in February for our first Disney cruise! We've been on a couple cruises before and always wanted to go Disney but couldn't afford it. So happy this very affordable one came about!

We plan to surprise our 4 children (ages 10, 8, 6 & 6) Christmas morning.:santa: Thinking about a scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure box with a "countdown clothesline" that hangs bags or balloons with small gifts &/or fun things to expect on the cruise. They can take turns opening one each day...we'll have to see how much time I find to be creative. It'll be here before we know it!

Can't wait!

Lisa

Welcome!! A countdown clothesline sounds like a lot of fun!! I would enjoy one of those and I don't have kids!! LOL. :)

BellaSoleil2 said:

Welcome to you guys! By the time we get to Christmas it will be a perfect wait time. Just a few weeks :)

Can't wait!

Lisa

We were thinking about the same thing! :)

We have decided to move our "reveal" to Thanksgiving. We were going to surprise the kids on Christmas Eve but my 9 yr grandson mentioned to me the other day that he was so excited to be going on a cruise in Jan. :eek: I asked why he said that and he said " Grandma you said you would take us on a cruise next Jan last yr" Opps he never got the memo that that cruise idea had been put on hold. :) Oh well he may not be surprised but he will be real happy.
And I read some stories about older children wanting to be part of the planning and getting real upset when they were surprised later. We can"t check in or book excursions til Thanksgiving Day so we want the 12 yr old to be as much a part of the planning as she wants to be.
Plus I am having a very hard time keeping the secret. Was never good at that.
Anyway they will never expect anything at Thanksgiving and there is more extended family here that day.
I hope everyone will share their "reveals" with us...sooo excited. :yay:

We are joining everyone on this cruise. Just got us signed up while on the Wonder in Hawaii. This will be our 5th cruise, all on Disney. Can't wait to go!

Ohana 4 said:
We are joining everyone on this cruise. Just got us signed up while on the Wonder in Hawaii. This will be our 5th cruise, all on Disney. Can't wait to go!

Welcome aboard! Hope you can tell us all about your Hawaii cruise!!!

Welcome! :goodvibes Would love to hear what you thought about the Hawaii cruise. This will be our 5th as well...also all on Disney...:lmao:

Welcome!! Added you to the roll call. I would love to hear and see pics of the Hawaii cruise.. I imagine it was "wonder"ful!! :thumbsup2

Hawaii was amazing! We've only sailed on 7-night cruises before this one, so having 14 nights was so luxurious! I'm almost afraid of how 4 nights will be. Disney really did a great job. On the way to Hawaii, they filled the days with all kinds of lectures, dances and culture of Hawaii. Then, of course, the islands were beautiful. The weather was great everywhere. On the way home, entertainment was more geared to just a regular Disney cruise, but still plenty of fun and great character interaction. The waters were fine for me except for one day, when it was quite rough. But there were more people wearing patches behind their ears than I've ever noticed before on any other cruise. I'm thankful that I don't get seasick.
I started a pre-cruise trip report on here about our Hawaii trip, but I haven't had a chance yet to get it started as far as the actual cruise has been. I'll really have to work hard to get it written up and include pictures. I'll let you all know when I get something posted.

Made final payment, did online check in yesterday and made Palo reservations. :cool1:

Hawaii was amazing! We've only sailed on 7-night cruises before this one, so having 14 nights was so luxurious! I'm almost afraid of how 4 nights will be. Disney really did a great job. On the way to Hawaii, they filled the days with all kinds of lectures, dances and culture of Hawaii. Then, of course, the islands were beautiful. The weather was great everywhere. On the way home, entertainment was more geared to just a regular Disney cruise, but still plenty of fun and great character interaction. The waters were fine for me except for one day, when it was quite rough. But there were more people wearing patches behind their ears than I've ever noticed before on any other cruise. I'm thankful that I don't get seasick.
I started a pre-cruise trip report on here about our Hawaii trip, but I haven't had a chance yet to get it started as far as the actual cruise has been. I'll really have to work hard to get it written up and include pictures. I'll let you all know when I get something posted.

I bet the 14 nights was just awesome :cloud9: Super jealous of that!! I'm looking at the 4 night as a "get away" rather than how I would usually approach a 7 night cruise. We did a 5 night on the Dream last year, double dip to CC, and it was actually REALLY relaxing. I think the fact that we are going to Cozumel will also make it super relaxing for us, because we don't intend to do anything other than a little duty free shopping...so basically just all the days on the ship. :cheer2:

My DH and I are REALLY hoping to be on this cruise! You can't beat 4 nights for $880. This will be our 2nd Cruise and 2nd with Disney. My DH never even wants to try another line. We are just waiting to see if I pass my state boards (I recently graduated nursing school) and if I do we will go on this cruise to celebrate! I didn't read every post, is there a FE? If so is it still open? We had so much fun with our last cruise we need this to get us through until the Fantasy sometime next fall!

Lighthouse Parking is great - been using them for 9 years and they are small so very attentive. Just got back from a Halloween cruise out of Galveston on the Triumph and used them again and it was as smooth as ever. :drive:

Getting real excited the closer it gets here. :hourglass

Can anyone tell me exactly how the fish extender works? What kind of gifts? When deliver them? Is it annonomus or more personal??? :confused3

Debbie

Lighthouse Parking is great - been using them for 9 years and they are small so very attentive. Just got back from a Halloween cruise out of Galveston on the Triumph and used them again and it was as smooth as ever. :drive:

Getting real excited the closer it gets here. :hourglass

Can anyone tell me exactly how the fish extender works? What kind of gifts? When deliver them? Is it annonomus or more personal??? :confused3

Debbie

Thanks for the info on Lighthouse, that is who we are using this time around. FE gifts can be whatever you choose. Some people are crafty and make things that are specific for the cruise, or sometimes from their hometown/state...others, like me..:goodvibes are not so crafty and buy things...I usually go with gifts that are a momento from our state, or something useful to have for fellow cruisers...or something cruise-ish...it's totally up to you. I usually tag mine with my disboard name and cabin number....delivery is usually up to the group...some come up with a schedule of sorts...and others just leave it up to the individuals. :thumbsup2

ukintheus - thank you for the info on the gifts. I think once I get final payment done and set up time to arrive at port I can get more into the "fun" stuff. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter