February 5, 2013 - M&M's Disney Magic 4 Night From Galveston

Add two more to the bunch! I'm Debbie and DH is Terry. We are so excited about having the Magic so close to home. Wanted to drive to Galveston but was afraid I'd cry when she sailed away with out me!!! My husband lovingly said get over it! Haha We haven't been on the Magic in over ten years but did B2B's on the Dream about a year ago. I was so excited when I saw that great price and DH said go for it and that's all that took! Never cruised in February before but we're the type to have fun no matter the weather. One of our best days at Dis was when a tropical storm moved in and it rained most of the day. Not that it would ever do that on our cruise! LoL Also I might as well confess that we do have a family trip on the Magic in just 6 weeks! Yikes a doodle!!! Look forward to reading more of your posts and thanks for starting this thread.

Great to have you aboard!! You will have to fill us in on all the details about the port and Galveston!! I've never been to Galveston so I have no clue about what to expect!! I'm trying to set up a Facebook page, but noone can find me. :( I think it must be my privacy setting, but have to clue on how to change them!!

Lee Ann :)

Ok, I think I got the Facebook thing figured out!! I changed a security setting that now allows everyone to see my Timeline and send me messages. So, let's try it again.
I'm Lee Ann Fortenberry, and my profile pic is of me and Capt. Mickey. My timeline pic is of a plane flying over the beach at St. Martin.

We have a one bedroom suite. And yes this is our first cruise ever. We are going with our "adopted" uncle as I call him. A family friend that has no extended family, so we reap the benefits, and I'd say we scored on this one! He picked this just for my five year old!! I'm excited to learn any little hints as this progresses!! I'm sure I will have a million questions as time goes by!

Fun!!! I'm sure you guys will love it!!! :wizard:

Add two more to the bunch! I'm Debbie and DH is Terry. We are so excited about having the Magic so close to home. Wanted to drive to Galveston but was afraid I'd cry when she sailed away with out me!!! My husband lovingly said get over it! Haha We haven't been on the Magic in over ten years but did B2B's on the Dream about a year ago. I was so excited when I saw that great price and DH said go for it and that's all that took! Never cruised in February before but we're the type to have fun no matter the weather. One of our best days at Dis was when a tropical storm moved in and it rained most of the day. Not that it would ever do that on our cruise! LoL Also I might as well confess that we do have a family trip on the Magic in just 6 weeks! Yikes a doodle!!! Look forward to reading more of your posts and thanks for starting this thread.

Welcome aboard Debbie and Terry!! Where are you guys from?? Terry sounds a bit like my DH Danny... when I woke him up at whatever awful hour in the AM it was that morning they released the prices and told him the price of this trip his eyes got all big and he said :scared1: BOOK IT!!! I've never felt so in love.... :love: LOL We've also never cruised in Feb before.. I guess we'll all see how that goes together.. but I'm with you, I'm sure whatever happens it'll still be better than being at work! :banana::woohoo: I'm with Lee Ann, you'll have to share with us all about the port because I'm clueless! and I'm in the process of planning now so I need tips and pointers, so you'll have to fill us in on everything!! ;)

Ok, I think I got the Facebook thing figured out!! I changed a security setting that now allows everyone to see my Timeline and send me messages. So, let's try it again.
I'm Lee Ann Fortenberry, and my profile pic is of me and Capt. Mickey. My timeline pic is of a plane flying over the beach at St. Martin.

Here's a link to her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/outtosealee

Out to Sea Lee said:
Great to have you aboard!! You will have to fill us in on all the details about the port and Galveston!! I've never been to Galveston so I have no clue about what to expect!! I'm trying to set up a Facebook page, but noone can find me. :( I think it must be my privacy setting, but have to clue on how to change them!!

Happy to help answer any questions about our area. Can't wait to see navigators from the Galveston cruises. I think Galveston is a great port. Plenty to see and do and if you are coming in early I would suggest getting a hotel on the island. Many times 45 south is somewhat congested. Hobby is your closest airport. Have fun making your trip plans it will be here before you know it!!!

We are going to be driving in and staying at a hotel on the island.. we've actually never been to Galveston before so not sure what to expect.. only been to Dallas and I'm sure they are completely different! :eek: I've been stalking the threads on here about Galveston and can't seem to make a decision on which hotel is better! :rotfl: And I'm with you on the personal nav's... i just can't wait to get them!!!

Has anybody ever been to Cozumel before or does anybody have any plans yet of something you'd like to do there? We're going back and forth with a few different ideas so far, nothing solid yet.. too many choices!!

MrsPotatoHead425 said:
We are going to be driving in and staying at a hotel on the island.. we've actually never been to Galveston before so not sure what to expect.. only been to Dallas and I'm sure they are completely different! :eek: I've been stalking the threads on here about Galveston and can't seem to make a decision on which hotel is better! :rotfl: And I'm with you on the personal nav's... i just can't wait to get them!!!

Has anybody ever been to Cozumel before or does anybody have any plans yet of something you'd like to do there? We're going back and forth with a few different ideas so far, nothing solid yet.. too many choices!!

Hi again! Terry and I have been to Cozumel a lot! It's the port every ship out of Galveston goes to. In November we're going to Paradise beach. Very clean and safe with lots of beach toys ect. 10 or 15 minutes by cab. Lots of beach front places to get a chair or take a boat out to snorkel. We just choose to swim right off shore. Beaches in Cozumel are white sands with crystal clear waters. Sadly the fish and reefs from the beach are not what they use to be but what is. Shopping is safe! Just walk off the ship and head down the main street you'll see it from the ship. Really nice friendly people on this little island. This will be our first trip not to rent a car. Terry and I love to just take off and see what we're in the mood for. Love the back side of the island it's desolate and kinda cool but you can't swim there. You can circle the island in less then 2 hours with stops for pictures and of course a cool drink along they way. I feel this is a very safe port but things can happen anywhere but they need tourism so they protect that income. We've done Playa Mia and Chankanaab ( hope that's how you spell it?) we never book on the ship for Cozumel. Most things are at least half the price or less. When I went on a girls only cruise we decided to use the beach right by the pier ( I think it was a chain restaurant and we just bought drinks) we always ask the crew where their going and they never stirred us wrong. It's fun going to a place where a lot of the CM's hang out. Kinda cute to see them with friends. Well I've blabbed my head off! Hope I haven't bored you to death!!! Lol to answer earlier question Terry and I are both from the Houston area. We have a gorgeous daughter and a wonderful son in law. We're 56 and 59 ( oops someone forgot to tell us we got old) Nope I refuse to act my age! Dis does bring out the kid in you!!!! And did anyone say Magnets??? YES!

Lol.. you guys sound like you are a hoot!! Danny, my DH keeps hearing from some of his customers (he works in a restaurant and has a lot of regulars that become friends) keep telling him that we HAVE to do this submarine excursion which is the whole reason he wants to go to cozumel.. me... not so much...:crowded:

Our last cruise was our first beach/ocean experience (we're from Arkansas..there's just no sea life here!! lol!) and I fell in LOVE with Castaway Cay.. however once I got about shoulder deep in, I saw a fish and I started screaming and it about scared the heebie jeebies out of me... :sad: and honestly i think it scared some of the children around us too.... (not the fish.. me screaming.......)

But anyways.....my family and friends seem to take a lot of pleasure in that story and my main goal with this trip is to **TRY** to overcome my fish fear.. but i just don't know if throwing myself in a submarine is the best idea! :crazy2: I youtubed the video of that excursion and it didn't seem all that interesting honestly.. I mean once you've watched a special on the discovery channel about the ocean you've pretty much seen the same thing.. then I saw a youtube video for that excursion where they put those helmet things on you and you sink down to the bottom of the ocean but your free to move but you can still breathe (I don't remember what it's called...) but wow.. the worker's started feeding the fish and there were like thousands of fish that started swirling around those people!! :scared1:

I read another thread that said Paradise Beach was nice.. and I've seen some all inclusive beach threads that I've been trying to read.. and I just read one about a chocolate factory.. I know I want to get some beach time in (assuming that you can even get into the water in February....) so who knows. We're excited.... that's all that matters I guess!! :thumbsup2

:fish:

Hello! :wave2:
I just booked this cruise for myself and a friend. This will be a ladies only getaway. :cool1:

This will be my third Disney cruise and my friends first ever cruise.

Hello! :wave2:
I just booked this cruise for myself and a friend. This will be a ladies only getaway. :cool1:

This will be my third Disney cruise and my friends first ever cruise.

Hey!! It's great to have you aboard!! I think we are all getting excited around here!! We've started a facebook page and there has been discussion about a FE group!!

A girls only trip sounds like tons of fun!! It will be my DH and I cruising this time. Leaving the kiddos at home!!

welcome aboard krissy!!! links to our meet list and our facebook page are all on the first post if your interested!

where are you gals from and what made you decide to take a girls only cruise?? sounds like a lot of fun to be had!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome guys!

We are from San Antonio. My DH and I were on the last Magic cruise out of NY.
I could not pass up the price to sail out of Galveston. Plus no air cost!
DH didn't want to go :faint: so he suggested I take one of my friends. :lovestruc

Soooooo I am! :hyper:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and I am interested in the FE exchange. I've never done one before, so it should be fun.

I will look up the facebook page.

Our names are Krissy and Veronica and we are in 5133 as of now. I am going to see about an upgrade at port, so that might change.

Krissy

Hey everyone! My name is Casey and my husband's name is Chris and we are most likely going to be joining everyone on this cruise. We will know for sure tomorrow. We are just waiting to hear from my mother in law to make sure her calendar is free so she can come watch our kids, we have 5. This will be our first Disney cruise and our first cruise period but we are huge Disney fans! This cruise would be an early Anniversary present as our 10 year wedding anniversary is in June. I am really hoping it all works out that we can join you! I am sure I will have a ton of questions about cruising for you all if we do go since I am a newbie!

Oh and hubby and I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area!

Out To Sea Lee I requested to be your friend on FB. My name is Casey there and my profile pic is me wearing black and holding a baby with a black headband and my cover photo is of my 5 girls. I am pretty sure we will be joining you as my mil is dying to get out of Utah come February so I am pretty excited, I just hope I don't have to say goodbye to you all!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

We are from San Antonio. My DH and I were on the last Magic cruise out of NY.
I could not pass up the price to sail out of Galveston. Plus no air cost!
DH didn't want to go :faint: so he suggested I take one of my friends. :lovestruc

Soooooo I am! :hyper:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and I am interested in the FE exchange. I've never done one before, so it should be fun.

I will look up the facebook page.

Our names are Krissy and Veronica and we are in 5133 as of now. I am going to see about an upgrade at port, so that might change.

Krissy

Sounds like you two will have lots of fun! I've added you to our list :thumbsup2 Thanks for all the info so quickly!! We did FE's on our last cruise and it was fun (we went a little overboard with it and won't be doing that this time) so I'm expecting to enjoy it a lot more this go round. But it was lots of fun walking up and down the halls and seeing everyone's doors and fish extender's (some of our table mates didn't understand the whole concept of FE's... so they hung out their bra's since other people had stuff hanging out by their doors....needless to say since Disney apparently "matches" people based on their age for dinner seating, we've made some requests this time....... :crazy2:) and even the little smiley face vacuums the CM's had... they were too cute! :groom:

Hey everyone! My name is Casey and my husband's name is Chris and we are most likely going to be joining everyone on this cruise. We will know for sure tomorrow. We are just waiting to hear from my mother in law to make sure her calendar is free so she can come watch our kids, we have 5. This will be our first Disney cruise and our first cruise period but we are huge Disney fans! This cruise would be an early Anniversary present as our 10 year wedding anniversary is in June. I am really hoping it all works out that we can join you! I am sure I will have a ton of questions about cruising for you all if we do go since I am a newbie!

Oh and hubby and I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area!

Out To Sea Lee I requested to be your friend on FB. My name is Casey there and my profile pic is me wearing black and holding a baby with a black headband and my cover photo is of my 5 girls. I am pretty sure we will be joining you as my mil is dying to get out of Utah come February so I am pretty excited, I just hope I don't have to say goodbye to you all!

Fun!! We hope you get to join us!! Can't wait to hear if it gets to work out for you and DH. You guys will love it and it will be a great anniversary present for you!!! I'm sure you can find answers to any questions you will have between us and the Disboards!!

I was browsing the PassPorter's site sometime last year and found a free ebook they had titled "Disney's Cruise Clue's" (pdf file)... I'm not sure if they still have it available or not, but I still have it saved if anyone wants a copy, I'd be glad to email it to you. It's 95 pages of info, pretty handy, and who doesn't like free ;)

Ok I have a few questions. I did go ahead and order two Disney cruise line books I had a gift card credit so used that. I feel like I know nothing but I want to know everything by the end!

Second what's is fe and how does it work?

And if we want to get magnets made for our door how many do people generally do and how do they make them?

I think these are all my questions for today! Sorry

A couple of questions about this cruise.

Which airport do you fly into for Galveston? Any good hotels or things to do in Galveston? What is the normal temps for this time of year in Galveston?

Thanks for any info!!

Ok I have a few questions. I did go ahead and order two Disney cruise line books I had a gift card credit so used that. I feel like I know nothing but I want to know everything by the end!

Second what's is fe and how does it work?

And if we want to get magnets made for our door how many do people generally do and how do they make them?

I think these are all my questions for today! Sorry

Awesome, you'll have to share what books you ordered and whether or not they were good! I love to read :coffee:.

An FE is a Fish Extender. There's a fish next to everyone's door (it's also a clip that staff members use to attach notes and things to) and people make (or order) fish extender's (things that usually have your family's names and pockets) to hang from this fish so that other people (usually the people in your meet thread, which is all of us who want to participate) can leave you guys gifts! Here's a link that tells ALL about it and it even has pictures (because I love pictures too!! lol!) http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2

We can discuss a cut off date (some people say 30 days, some say 75 days) before the cruise as to when to stop allowing people to sign up for the FE list (or if they sign up after the 30 or 75 day mark, they make a second group and those people exchange amongst their group) and hopefully everyone will have decided whether or not they are going to participate in the FE gift exchange by then, and know their stateroom number. Then as it gets closer to the cruise we can make a list of all the participating people and stateroom numbers so that we can print them out to know how many gifts to make (or buy or whatever you choose to do) and where to drop them off at.

I hope I'm making sense here :crazy2:

As far as the magnets for your door goes, personally I didn't order any, so I can't direct you to who you could buy them from, but I have heard of that happening. I just opened up a Word document (or whatever program you like to use) and found clip art, or looked on some of the magnet threads here on the Disboards and tweaked or added what I wanted to, and then printed it off on my own printer. You can print it out on magnet paper, or print it out on card stock paper and then laminate it and add a magnet to the back of it.

A couple of questions about this cruise.

Which airport do you fly into for Galveston? Any good hotels or things to do in Galveston? What is the normal temps for this time of year in Galveston?

Thanks for any info!!

I believe there are two airports you could choose from. Houston Hobby or IAH. There's Pleasure Pier that sounds like a lot of fun in Galveston. There's also another thread here on the boards that seems to know a lot about the area http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988332 I've never been so I keep a check on that often :goodvibes

Thanks for explaining the fish extenders I understand it now. My next question is the gifts you get can they be stuff from like the Target dollar spot or are the supposed to be more than that? I'm not sure what the gifts are supposed to be I guess

In regards to the books I got the passporters book that comes out at the end of October and the this book http://www.amazon.com/Birnbaums-Dis...1348960065&sr=8-2&keywords=Disney+cruise+line

I figured since I had a gift card I'd get both.

Sorry for all of my questions I'm just so excited about this cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter