February 5, 2013 - M&M's Disney Magic 4 Night From Galveston

ukintheus said:
Hi everyone! :wave2: We just got back of the Magic this past Saturday and booked this cruise while we were onboard. :cheer2: Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :grouphug:

It will be DH and myself in one cabin and my 84 year old Mum in another. We too are doing an inside stateroom for the first time, but the price is just too good to pass up! This will be our 5th Disney cruise and our 3rd on the Magic. We just LOVE the Magic, and we were nervous that after being on the Dream and the Fantasy that we wouldn't enjoy being on her so much, but we found it to be totally the opposite - she's still our favorite ship!

Being able to sail out of Galveston is like a dream come true. We left home at 9 am and were checking in by 11:10 am, and coming off the ship this past Saturday was a breeze. You can't beat being home by lunchtime with no flights involved! :drive:

We used Galveston Park and Cruise for this past week, but saw on their website that they aren't going to accommodate the passengers for the non-Saturday departure days in 2013. Does anyone have a recommendation of another place that is easy to use?

I'll go over to FB and join at some point, still trying to get work under control and fight the post-cruise blues! :coffee: Nothing like having another cruise booked to beat that though! :beach:

Great to have you "aboard"!! Cannot wait to get to know you better!!

Lee Ann

Thanks for the welcomes and for the parking info. It looks like both of them would be pretty convenient. I need to get over to FB and join the group, somehow things seem to have been hectic since we got back. :)

I have started a trip report incase anyone is interested, but I know the itinerary is completely different. If anyone is thinking of doing the Atlantis submarine excursion, we did that and I'll have pics and a review.

Thanks for the welcomes and for the parking info. It looks like both of them would be pretty convenient. I need to get over to FB and join the group, somehow things seem to have been hectic since we got back. :)

I have started a trip report incase anyone is interested, but I know the itinerary is completely different. If anyone is thinking of doing the Atlantis submarine excursion, we did that and I'll have pics and a review.

DH Danny wants to do the submarine.. it's the whole reason he wants to go to Cozumel... me, I'm still undecided, so I'd love to hear what you have to say about it and see all the pics you have!! :yay: Can't wait!!!

DH Danny wants to do the submarine.. it's the whole reason he wants to go to Cozumel... me, I'm still undecided, so I'd love to hear what you have to say about it and see all the pics you have!! :yay: Can't wait!!!

It's going to be a while before I get to Cozumel on my trip report :lmao: It takes longer than I thought it would! :goodvibes Until I get around to posting the pics I can tell you about it. It was better than I thought it would be based on other reviews, but I really think that it depends on how much sea life is around on any given trip. We did the 12:45 pm tour and met in Sessions. There were only 8 of us that were on this tour from the ship so they took us outside and we got into taxis to go to the Atlantis office. There was a big crowd there waiting and I think there were only 2 seats free on the submarine. The Oasis of the Seas was in port that day, so the other people may have come from there, although almost all of them were spanish speaking. :confused3 They give a safety talk about life jackets etc (in english and spanish) and then the boat arrived to take us out to the submarine. It was about 15 mins to get there. The sub surfaced right as we were arriving, they offloaded the people that were on it and we got on. I was worried about the stairs for my 84 year old Mum, but she was able to get up and down them with no problems. They leave again pretty quickly and you are gone for about 45 minutes I would guess. They take you past some coral formations and you end up at the drop off, that they call the wall. You basically turn around and come back along the same path, so you get to see both sides. The highlights were a massive school of some type of fish...:rotfl2: I know they told us but I am forgetting! A smaller school of sardines and the drop off itself. Spotting fish and other things in between was a little hit and miss and their isn't that much coral but it keeps you busy. The pictures didn't come out too great because it's through the thick glass.

In our situation, it was perfect and I would do it again. None of us had ever been on a functioning submarine, Mum doesn't swim and so has never seen underwater like that before, and it was a good excursion that we could all enjoy, especially as she had been stuck on the boat while we snorkelled at Grand Cayman. HTHs! :goodvibes

I booked this cruise today. After looking at the kids sail free prices, I stumbled upon this one. Needless to say, the price made it to good to pass up.

I booked this cruise today. After looking at the kids sail free prices, I stumbled upon this one. Needless to say, the price made it to good to pass up.

:wave2: Hi! We thought the same thing....couldn't pass up the price especially as we got the discount for booking on board. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! :wave2: We just got back of the Magic this past Saturday and booked this cruise while we were onboard. :cheer2: Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :grouphug:

It will be DH and myself in one cabin and my 84 year old Mum in another. We too are doing an inside stateroom for the first time, but the price is just too good to pass up! This will be our 5th Disney cruise and our 3rd on the Magic. We just LOVE the Magic, and we were nervous that after being on the Dream and the Fantasy that we wouldn't enjoy being on her so much, but we found it to be totally the opposite - she's still our favorite ship!

Being able to sail out of Galveston is like a dream come true. We left home at 9 am and were checking in by 11:10 am, and coming off the ship this past Saturday was a breeze. You can't beat being home by lunchtime with no flights involved! :drive:

We used Galveston Park and Cruise for this past week, but saw on their website that they aren't going to accommodate the passengers for the non-Saturday departure days in 2013. Does anyone have a recommendation of another place that is easy to use?

I'll go over to FB and join at some point, still trying to get work under control and fight the post-cruise blues! :coffee: Nothing like having another cruise booked to beat that though! :beach:

Welcome! Looking forward to reading your report!

Paid in full this morning :cool1: I don't think we are going to book any excursions...and probably won't do Palo this time around...but I want to be able to check in on Tuesday and get an early boarding time. :thumbsup2

I've booked a parking spot at Lighthouse....hopefully it will be as smooth as the Galveston Park & Cruise was.

Anybody checked in already (Plat/Gold CC members)?

Yep we checked in and decided to book Palo dinner since its just the two of us this time. My daughter lives in Clear Lake so she'll be dropping us off. Weird

Yep we checked in and decided to book Palo dinner since its just the two of us this time. My daughter lives in Clear Lake so she'll be dropping us off. Weird������ I still can't believe the Magic is this close to home. No excursions for us either. Might get off and walk around town or head to the beach. Not sure about the weather in February. I like not having a must do list on this trip but some part of me will say get off the ship if only to walk the pier and back!!! Haha also my goal for this trip is to bring carry ons only! I'm an over packer at heart so not sure if this is possible for me ���� never mind my last statement. I just got scared seeing it in print!!!

Did the DCL site let you check in at midnight...or was it later?

I am the same as you...weather may or may not be good, so what we do will depend on that. We may just walk to the duty free....or if the weather is decent we may venture further than that.

Too funny that you mentioned carry on only...I thought about it...but then realized there's no way. :rotfl:

ETA: Aren't you leaving this coming Saturday??? Have a MAGICAL time!! Look forward to hearing about it.

ukintheus said:
Did the DCL site let you check in at midnight...or was it later?

I am the same as you...weather may or may not be good, so what we do will depend on that. We may just walk to the duty free....or if the weather is decent we may venture further than that.

Too funny that you mentioned carry on only...I thought about it...but then realized there's no way. :rotfl:

ETA: Aren't you leaving this coming Saturday??? Have a MAGICAL time!! Look forward to hearing about it.

Well it was my plan to check in at midnight... I completely forgot and panicked that afternoon! Lol Next time I'm putting an alert on my phone!

Yes we leave on the 10th!

We'll be joining you in February for our first Disney cruise! We've been on a couple cruises before and always wanted to go Disney but couldn't afford it. So happy this very affordable one came about!

We plan to surprise our 4 children (ages 10, 8, 6 & 6) Christmas morning.:santa: Thinking about a scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure box with a "countdown clothesline" that hangs bags or balloons with small gifts &/or fun things to expect on the cruise. They can take turns opening one each day...we'll have to see how much time I find to be creative. It'll be here before we know it!

Can't wait!

Lisa

Hey everyone!! If you have sent me a friend request or message on facebook to join the page and you haven't heard back from me I truly apologize!! I found a message this am in "other" rather than my messages. I think it may be Goofysrus...If so, I've sent you a message.

Lee Ann :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter