February 25th Magic Western - Mid-Winter Magic

rjh8115 said:
Hi Anty!

My DS6 started to complain a bit near the end of the tour. However, there was a nice mix of history and exploring (climbing some stairs, chasing around an animal, etc.) to keep the DS8 interested the whole time. It wasn't too hot as most of the park is under the tree canopy. David and Ivan provide bottled water along the way to help keep you hydrated. Funny side note, their bottled water was from Costco, but the labels were in Spanish . . .

Thanks so much. Loved you report.
Anty

Hi Rick, loved your report.

We'll be on the double dip cruise in June. My DH and oldest DS18 want to go on this ruin tour. How far ahead did you book it and where do you go to book it? How did you pay, online? How did you find out how to meet them, was it confusing to get there? What did you bring with you, did you bring a bag lunch from the ship? One last one, were you back on the ship by noonsh? I will be at Maj. beach with a bunch of Disers...I wonder if they could meet us there after the ruin tour, is that doable? Thanks so much!

Jillpie said:
Hi Rick, loved your report.

We'll be on the double dip cruise in June. My DH and oldest DS18 want to go on this ruin tour. How far ahead did you book it and where do you go to book it? How did you pay, online? How did you find out how to meet them, was it confusing to get there? What did you bring with you, did you bring a bag lunch from the ship? One last one, were you back on the ship by noonsh? I will be at Maj. beach with a bunch of Disers...I wonder if they could meet us there after the ruin tour, is that doable? Thanks so much!

Hi Jillpie,
We booked directly with David and Ivan through their website (http://www.chacchobenruins.com/default.html). They did not require a CC number or pre-payment to secure our reservations. When we met our tour guides in Mahahual, we paid them the $43 per person in cash (they only accept cash at this time). Since our cruise itinierary was changed to Costa Maya from Cozumel only 3 weeks prior to sailing, we booked about then.

When you book with them, they will send you a map and directions when and where to meet. Basically, the tours leave approximately 1 hour after the ships dock. You take a shuttle from the port complex to town. The Cats Meow is the first beach front Restaurant you come to when you get to town.

We brought some snacks and drinks from the ship. They provide bottled water (from Costco). Also, along the way, we stopped in this tiny village and they got us some very fresh pinapple (best I've ever had).

We docked around 10:30, so our tour left around 11:30. We were back by 3:00 I think. The driver offered to drop us off in town or take us back to the port facility so we went back. You would still have time to meet up with others at one of the beach facilities in town.

I hope this helps. This was definitely the highlight of the trip.

Have a great time!

Rick, thank you so much for those answers, very helpful. The snacks you brought...did you find you really needed them since you just had breakfast? Also, did you need bug spray for this tour? Thanks alot for that link, I'll book my DH and DS today! :thumbsup2

Jillpie said:
Rick, thank you so much for those answers, very helpful. The snacks you brought...did you find you really needed them since you just had breakfast? Also, did you need bug spray for this tour? Thanks alot for that link, I'll book my DH and DS today! :thumbsup2

Yes we did need them as my two boys love to eat :rotfl2: . . .

And yes, we did use bug spray. Although I didn't really see any around . . .

Hi Rick,

It's Kelli. We were on the cruise with you and I just wanted to chime it regarding Costa Maya. Yes, you CAN walk past the buses and get a cab into Mahajal. We had read about it here before we left and our party of 20 actually did this. You just walk out of the port and start down the road and as soon as you pass through the gate the taxis come right to you.
Griffin and Ryan say hi to Matt and Jason says hi to Zach!!

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Thanks for the terrific report!!

I also am on the June 24 double dip, and emailed David and Ivan to do the ruins tour.

I'll be going solo, since DH and DS are doing the jeep tour.
Any other solo gals going, I'd love to meet up with some other disers!

Thanks again for the great report!!

HI Rick,

It's Ellen from last year's Wonder cruise. Glad to hear you guys liked the Magic! We leave next week for Western. :banana: :banana: Who was your server in Palo? We're hoping to see Florencia or Marco. Nice job on the camera. I wonder what Eileen had to say about that?

Pocono

Hi Ellen,
It's so nice to hear from you again. You know, I have forgotten our server's name at Palo. He was from Italy if that helps . . . I can't believe I forgot his name . . .

The camera issue was just too funny. After I told Ilene what I did, she now is ready to "fix" it again. It gives me a reason to shop for a new one now . . . .

Have a great time on your trip. We loved the western trip. Our favorite stop (outside of Castaway Cay) was Costa Maya.

Take care . . .

kellimomo3 said:
Hi Rick,

Griffin and Ryan say hi to Matt and Jason says hi to Zach!!

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Hi Kelli,
Matt and Zack miss your three boys . . . Let's hope we can travel together again in the future . . .

We had Pirom a few years ago on the Magic and when we returned the next year he remembered us. My younger son loved him.

Great post---glad I read about the snacks for the tour. I never thought about it. I better remember to have something ti put them in.

We are also on the June 24--I saw another poster mention that cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter