***** February 2022 Thread *****

Looks like Heidi Blickenstaff and Robert Creighton will be there on our EPCOT day unless we swap the days around. In that case it would be Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca.
There will be 3 different sets for us. I'm taking some solace in knowing that I will at least get to see Michael James Scott who I saw play the Genie when Aladdin came to Arizona 2 years ago. He was really good

Have you all seen that they released the line up for the Broadway Concert Series? I'm a bit bummed because the people I really wanted to see most of all are performing before we get there. :(

This is news to me. I see the schedule. Can you give me some hints, like how soon we need to arrive to get a seat. I assume this is included in park admission? When I google, all I get is the schedule.

This is news to me. I see the schedule. Can you give me some hints, like how soon we need to arrive to get a seat. I assume this is included in park admission? When I google, all I get is the schedule.
I would like to know this too because this will be my first time there. I also wonder what times the performances are.

Okay, added/updated everyone quoted below :)
Also added the performers for the Broadway concerts

With the AP discount at Yacht Club, we are moving there Feb 5 -12. Our discovery of POR will have to wait. DW decided we like the walks to EP and DHS better. The birthday girl decided she likes this plan better than a princess room at POR too. Sounds good to me. 8-)
Hi all!

Jumping into the thread, I have a 6 night split stay trip booked for myself & my boyfriend 1/29-2/4 - 3 nights Kidani Village savanna view studio, 3 nights Jambo House savanna view studio! I can't wait, this is my fave WDW resort of all time, & I've only stayed there once before!

Just tentatively booked our park days this morning. We have 7 day hoppers. This is my "treat yo'self" bday trip, so I'll probably just splurge and get Genie+

ADR day is 11/30 - really hoping to get Space 220 (but trying not to get my hopes up) and contemplating Cali Grill Brunch, cause I love it so much. Still thinking if there are any other ADRs I want to make. Wanna treat myself but also not made of $$, lol.
Hopping on! My boyfriend and I will be staying the 7-11th at the Beach Club and we can't wait! :banana: My mom (jasminetigger) has made me the full blown Disney loving person I am today and it feels so good knowing we have another trip to look forward to.
Hello Feb 2022! DS7, DD10, DH & I are joining your group! Quick trip 2/10-2/13 for our first ever off-site stay (Signia). We are annual late Aug folks and just need a little more pixie dust now that it's getting cold. Can't wait for Festival of the Arts....and to try out Genie+.

I would like to know this too because this will be my first time there. I also wonder what times the performances are.

The performances take place in the American Pavilion and will occur at scheduled times throughout the day. We haven't seen it since 2019 but the theater usually has plenty of seats. The performances are similar to the other musical shows they have daily, about 20 minutes long and repeated throughout the day. It is included in park admission. :)

The performances take place in the American Pavilion and will occur at scheduled times throughout the day. We haven't seen it since 2019 but the theater usually has plenty of seats. The performances are similar to the other musical shows they have daily, about 20 minutes long and repeated throughout the day. It is included in park admission. :)

So, there are several throughout the day. I assume more in the afternoon/evening times?
We have park hoppers so my thought is that we'd hop over there to see it. Our days the one that includes Frozen looks interesting, we'll also have the Newsies one but I have no idea what Newsies is.

So, there are several throughout the day. I assume more in the afternoon/evening times?
We have park hoppers so my thought is that we'd hop over there to see it. Our days the one that includes Frozen looks interesting, we'll also have the Newsies one but I have no idea what Newsies is.
They had some performances in the afternoon when see saw it. We saw the one that included Newsies and we had no idea what Newsies was, but we enjoyed the music. :)

They had some performances in the afternoon when see saw it. We saw the one that included Newsies and we had no idea what Newsies was, but we enjoyed the music. :)
Newsies is the best, and you can watch both versions (the movie from the early 90s with Bill Pullman and Christian Bale, and the recent recorded stage version with Jeremy Jordan and Kara Lindsey) on D+

Here are the performers with their dates:

Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs
  • January 14th
  • January 16th through 17th
  • January 20th through 21st
Kerry Butler and Telly Leung
  • January 15th
  • January 18th through 19th
  • January 22nd through 23rd
Heidi Blickenstaff and Robert Creighton
  • January 24th
  • January 26th through 27th
  • January 30th through 31st
  • February 3rd through 4th
Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca
  • January 25th
  • January 28th through 29th
  • February 1st through 2nd
  • February 5th through 6th
Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland
  • February 7th
  • February 9th through 10th
  • February 13th through 14th
  • February 17th through 18th
Kissy Simmons and Michael James Scott
  • February 8th
  • February 11th through 12th
  • February 15th through 16th
  • February 19th through 20th
There will also be a special performance on February 21st, 2021 where you can see an extended finale featuring Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Kissy Simmons, and Michael James Scott!

Add me to the party!!!! After postponements of TWO February trips these past two years (one because of covid, the other to care for our elderly dog) I'm officially going this time. And it was a close call....DH got a new job in October so just when I was thinking we'd have to cancel again until he could get vacation time, he suggested that I take my aunt. She has never been to Disney but absolutely loves Beauty and the Beast, and Pooh and friends. This is going to blow her mind!

Staying February 12-17 at CBR.

Add me to the party!!!! After postponements of TWO February trips these past two years (one because of covid, the other to care for our elderly dog) I'm officially going this time. And it was a close call....DH got a new job in October so just when I was thinking we'd have to cancel again until he could get vacation time, he suggested that I take my aunt. She has never been to Disney but absolutely loves Beauty and the Beast, and Pooh and friends. This is going to blow her mind!

Staying February 12-17 at CBR.

I did a trip like that with my mom once. There had been vague plans for years for mom and dad to do a Napa Valley winery tour. One day when I was an adult and visiting, mom said to Dad, "When are we going to do that Napa trip?" Dad suggested that mom and I go, and we had a blast!

February 2 - 7

Renting a house off property.

Party of 16 including 7 kids under 10.

Feb 2 arrive in Orlando and see Disney Springs to meet and greet all them family. Check in at house is at 4PM Hang out at house for the night.
Feb 3 HS. Any ideas on how to navigate 16 people, most of which haven't been to Disney ever or since the 90's, would be appreciated. LOL
Feb 4 MK. I'm good at MK and have a game plan I'm sure will change 100 times.
Feb 5. House party day. A day to relax, grill out, swim in the heated pool, watch movies, etc.
Feb 6 AK. or Epcot. With so many little guys AK seems better, but i love EPCOT. We'll see.
Feb 7. Go home day / hang out in Orlando as it's only a 3 hour drive for us.

I'm open to any suggestions as to navigating parks and what not, especially HS.

I guess no one really knows, but does anyone have an opinion if any AH nights will occur once the Merriest AH concludes? We have a short trip with our grown kids and SOs. None of them have been to WDW since they were young teens/tweens and an AH event would certainly help get rides accomplished. Unknowingly we ended up with our 3 park days on the 3 days headed into the apparently huge crowds on Pres Day? Our park days are 2/17, 18, 19 and the 19th shows as a 10.

We'd definitely do an AH, but that might also alter our park reservations and I'm concerned they'll fill for that Saturday 2/19.

I haven't done it personally, so I'm sure someone else with experience can chime in, but from my understanding, you walk up and get put on a waitlist - they call out, then message you when a spot opens up. I think I read you get 15 min to show up once they call you. If you search on the Restaurants forum you'll find a few threads. :)

How does Trader Sam's work? Walk up and wait? ADR? Thanks!

I love having my planning chart all set up and seeing my plans come together! My ADR day isn't until next week but I have the few reservations I'm looking to get loosely plotted out.

I am determined to hit Trader Sam's this time!!! I've never been. As you can see, I have it penciled in a few times b/c I'm still trying to figure out the best time to slot it in. If anyone has any recommendations I'm open! :hyper:

I love having my planning chart all set up and seeing my plans come together! My ADR day isn't until next week but I have the few reservations I'm looking to get loosely plotted out.

I am determined to hit Trader Sam's this time!!! I've never been. As you can see, I have it penciled in a few times b/c I'm still trying to figure out the best time to slot it in. If anyone has any recommendations I'm open! :hyper:

View attachment 625240

Looks great! My ADR day is December 3rd (I think, I'd have to double check that). Of course we are going out of town that weekend so I may be a bit grumpy come that evening since I'll have to be up early for ADRS.

I guess no one really knows, but does anyone have an opinion if any AH nights will occur once the Merriest AH concludes? We have a short trip with our grown kids and SOs. None of them have been to WDW since they were young teens/tweens and an AH event would certainly help get rides accomplished. Unknowingly we ended up with our 3 park days on the 3 days headed into the apparently huge crowds on Pres Day? Our park days are 2/17, 18, 19 and the 19th shows as a 10.

We'd definitely do an AH, but that might also alter our park reservations and I'm concerned they'll fill for that Saturday 2/19.

I haven't heard anything about them coming back. Hopefully they will announce soon that they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter