***** February 2022 Thread *****

February 2 - 7

Renting a house off property.

Party of 16 including 7 kids under 10.

Feb 2 arrive in Orlando and see Disney Springs to meet and greet all them family. Check in at house is at 4PM Hang out at house for the night.
Feb 3 HS. Any ideas on how to navigate 16 people, most of which haven't been to Disney ever or since the 90's, would be appreciated. LOL
Feb 4 MK. I'm good at MK and have a game plan I'm sure will change 100 times.
Feb 5. House party day. A day to relax, grill out, swim in the heated pool, watch movies, etc.
Feb 6 AK. or Epcot. With so many little guys AK seems better, but i love EPCOT. We'll see.
Feb 7. Go home day / hang out in Orlando as it's only a 3 hour drive for us.

I'm open to any suggestions as to navigating parks and what not, especially HS.

Wow, 16 people! How fun. Are you guys going to try to get ADRs? It will be interesting to see if you guys are able to break down in smaller groups and get them. I know some people have had to just get ADRs for smaller groups at the same times. YOu guys are going to have a great time and make so many memories.

Add me to the party!!!! After postponements of TWO February trips these past two years (one because of covid, the other to care for our elderly dog) I'm officially going this time. And it was a close call....DH got a new job in October so just when I was thinking we'd have to cancel again until he could get vacation time, he suggested that I take my aunt. She has never been to Disney but absolutely loves Beauty and the Beast, and Pooh and friends. This is going to blow her mind!

Staying February 12-17 at CBR.

That will be so much fun going with someone who has never been.

Looks great! My ADR day is December 3rd (I think, I'd have to double check that). Of course we are going out of town that weekend so I may be a bit grumpy come that evening since I'll have to be up early for ADRS.

My ADR date is 11/30, and it's in my calendar with alerts set, lol. It is a work day, but I don't even get up for work until 7:10am, but it's all worth it for this!

February 10-15 @ Swan Reserve. Happy Birthday to me!

Yay! My trip is my bday present to myself too, although technically my bday is 2/27 and my trip is 1/29-2/4. Close enough! Gotta treat yourself!

Wow, 16 people! How fun. Are you guys going to try to get ADRs? It will be interesting to see if you guys are able to break down in smaller groups and get them. I know some people have had to just get ADRs for smaller groups at the same times. YOu guys are going to have a great time and make so many memories.
No we don't really do ADR's and trying to coordinate that many people is just too much. We are a grab and go kind of crew.

Yeah it's going to be epic. I'm getting myself too worked up over HS though as I'm really trying to get everyone on RotR, but what happens happens. The good thing is most of the kids don't even really know what Star Wars is anyhow. LOL

Well, that's a bummer! No Extended Evening hours for me at MK on my trip. It's been Wednesday all along, but suddenly switched to Friday!

I read on another website that they may have changed it to the February 4th date to coincide with the National Dance Team Championships. I won't be too happy if that ends up being true since it will make the event way more crowded.
Kenny the Pirate had an article about that with quotes from the cheerleading information.
So, not only more crowded, but with giggly teenagers.

The wife and I will be staying at Poly in late February. We've never visited that time of year. We seem to be arriving the final day of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend.

We have reservations at MK that day, but will likely skip it and opt for an early dinner at O'hana or Citrico's if the parks are crowded due to the marathon. Are there any other events typically held in late February, or other occasions that may increase crowds on certain days?

The wife and I will be staying at Poly in late February. We've never visited that time of year. We seem to be arriving the final day of the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend.

We have reservations at MK that day, but will likely skip it and opt for an early dinner at O'hana or Citrico's if the parks are crowded due to the marathon. Are there any other events typically held in late February, or other occasions that may increase crowds on certain days?
We have been to WDW during both Marathon weekend and Princess Marathon weekends. The MK resorts (Poly, GF, CR, WL and FtW) have an advantage over all the other resorts on the day that the runners run through MK in the morning. Guests at the MK resorts can take a boat, monorail or walk to MK while guests coming in by road via bus or personal car get tied up in traffic due to road closures. We always go to MK on the day the race runs through the park if we are staying at an MK resort because crowds are very, very small until later in the morning. :)

A lot of people avoid the parks during Princess marathon weekend because they think they will be crowded. We have found that the they aren't more crowded than usual, just harder to get to by bus or road. And we love seeing the runners wear their medals after the races are over. :)

Well, that's a bummer! No Extended Evening hours for me at MK on my trip. It's been Wednesday all along, but suddenly switched to Friday!

View attachment 625482

That's my week too and we are scheduled for MK that Wednesday the 2nd. We are in a moderate right now so it doesn't affect us either way but we had considered upgrading. Now if we upgrade we most likely wouldn't change our park days around for the simple fact I want to start at MK. Since we aren't doing park hoppers at all this trip (it's been a long time since we haven't hopped) maybe the crowd will be busier at MK that day while we are at HS LOL. I doubt it but thats wishful thinking since I have been told the parks will be busier starting Friday due to the dance teams.

I was able to make my ADR's this morning for the first 6 days of our trip. After our last trip and how difficult it was to make them I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully it was so easy this time. I got all the ADR's I tried for at the time I wanted them for. I even went back in after I made all of my planned reservations and checked to see if I could get Space 220 and I was able to get it! I wasn't even gonna try cause I thought it would be impossible. Now I just hope that I can get my last 4 days of ADR's as easily. BTW I had to split up the reservations because of our resort reservations being weird.

I've been looking on the boards for a thread, but couldn't really find my specific question. We are arriving on Thurs 2/17 (4 days before Pres Day). We aren't trying for ANY actual dining ADRs, but would REALLY like Oga's late in the evening. Does anyone what the current experience is like doing that for day 1 of your trip? That's the only afternoon we'll be in DHS, so it's kind of the only shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts