***** February 2022 Thread *****

Any of our February travels able to get the AP discount they released? Someone said they were very limited and some not available when they tried. Hoping for a Disney Visa or general public discount soon. Even a small discount is better than no discount. UGH!
Yes!
There was a 10% passholder discount for the BC and a 25% discount for the Yacht Club. So now we are staying at the Yacht Club instead of the BC. :) I like the YC rooms better, anyway. ::yes::

Okay doing disney math, if they release a Disney Visa or GP discount like the ones out now for AP holders and Florida residents (it also showed DVC and Military possible discounts this morning for me) then I can save about $430. if I stay at POFQ or upgrade to AKL and save about $43.00. We've never stayed at either of these resorts but have stayed at POR. We are normally not in the room a lot but this time we may be if the hours are shorter. The perk to POFQ is that it's a bigger savings. The perk to AKL is that on the Wednesday of our trip we will have extended hours in MK.
I'm just trying to work out the options and be prepared if a discount that I'm eligible for does drop. Which option would you guys choose? I'll have to talk to hubby this evening on his thoughts because I would normally say he would go for the bigger savings but over the last several years he has went for comfort/luxury over savings. I think he has become more picky than I have.

Personally, staying at AKL Savana view is on my bucket list. If you can stay there with a view then personally, that would be the option I would choose since I had already allocated more than that amount into my travel budget for this trip. The evening EMH are a bonus too to be factored in for sure!

AKL with a parking lot view would not be worth it to me as I'd be staying to sit on the balcony and enjoy the animals.

Any of our February travels able to get the AP discount they released? Someone said they were very limited and some not available when they tried. Hoping for a Disney Visa or general public discount soon. Even a small discount is better than no discount. UGH!

I was able to grab one, but had to switch from Contemporary to BWI to get it. My dates at least are still showing fairly good availability this morning for some deluxes and moderates. That fact that the AP rates didn’t get largely snapped up is at least a positive for other discounts. Disney has been known to peddle leftover rooms on Priceline too. Fingers crossed for you!

Okay doing disney math, if they release a Disney Visa or GP discount like the ones out now for AP holders and Florida residents (it also showed DVC and Military possible discounts this morning for me) then I can save about $430. if I stay at POFQ or upgrade to AKL and save about $43.00. We've never stayed at either of these resorts but have stayed at POR. We are normally not in the room a lot but this time we may be if the hours are shorter. The perk to POFQ is that it's a bigger savings. The perk to AKL is that on the Wednesday of our trip we will have extended hours in MK.
I'm just trying to work out the options and be prepared if a discount that I'm eligible for does drop. Which option would you guys choose? I'll have to talk to hubby this evening on his thoughts because I would normally say he would go for the bigger savings but over the last several years he has went for comfort/luxury over savings. I think he has become more picky than I have.
I checked the passholder discounts for your dates and Riverside and Coronado were the only moderate resorts available with the discount. The Riverside was approximately $100 less per day than AKL.

Yes!
There was a 10% passholder discount for the BC and a 25% discount for the Yacht Club. So now we are staying at the Yacht Club instead of the BC. :) I like the YC rooms better, anyway. ::yes::
Wow, when I booked BC yesterday I didn't realize that Yacht Club's discount was so much higher. Swapping from a parking lot view BC room to a water view YC room for $10 cheaper. Thanks!

Hi - can you clarify what you mean by this? You saw potential 2022 DVC and Military discounts?
I'm curious as well! The Disney website doesn't show any early 2022 military discounts yet but I am hoping they are similar to the AP discounts released!

Let me see if it will show up for me again. It may have been a small glitch early this morning.

okay apparently the military one is for this year. I couldn't get the Dvc one to show up again. Sorry about that.

So what do y'all think about Boardwalk Inn, Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs? I don't think I would like the size of Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Just wondering is any of my fellow February goers have stayed at any of these specific resorts. Likes? Dislikes?

So what do y'all think about Boardwalk Inn, Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs? I don't think I would like the size of Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Just wondering is any of my fellow February goers have stayed at any of these specific resorts. Likes? Dislikes?
We stay at the Boardwalk Villas every trip. Just love it there. You can't beat the location. Being able to walk or take a short boat ride to Epcot and Hollywood studios is such a great thing to be able to do. We also just love the theme and feel of the Boardwalk. Also love to be able to go to the other nearby resorts for their restaurants. Honestly we had a couple days reserved at SS for our next trip because it was all we could get at that time but didn't really want to stay there. We were really glad when our waitlist came through to have those nights at the Boardwalk. Stayed at OKW a number of years ago. It is a nice resort and really liked the room but it is too huge and far away from the parks. Can't wait to stay at the BWV again in February.

We have stayed at OKW and Boardwalk. We loved our OKW 2 br villa with its full kitchen because we had extended family. The deluxe studio has two queen beds and is a large room, which is nice. But the OKW buses were annoying. There are five bus stops and instead of going around the resort in a smooth circle, the buses had to go up and back each road, like fingers in a glove. But, buses came frequently, which was good. OKW has a very limited counter service, which is why you need to make breakfast in your room.

We have stayed at the Boardwalk and being able to walk to two parks is great! The Skyliner is right there, too, which we like to ride. :) The buses to MK, AK, and Disney Springs are dedicated and don't share with another resort. The disadvantage is that all of the food options are outdoors, which is inconvenient in bad weather. But not having to take buses to two parks is worth it, especially if you have park hoppers. We love to go into Epcot in the evening. Rides are often walk-ons at night. :)

We haven't stayed at Saratoga Springs.

A room discount was offered to Canadians today for most dates Jan 2 - Apr 28, 2022.

Extremely limited availability! Most I can see is 6 resorts and all are either deluxe or moderate with the exception of suites at AoA.

No option for me to add offer to my existing package and rebooking would be more expensive plus I would lose Skyliner.

Hoping this means a general public discount will be offered in the US soon and, that opening that might open more availability to Canadians too.

I got a lot of errors trying to price things out online (was never able to get a final price on any option) so I called. Very helpful CM but unfortunately nothing available for our dates.

When do they start putting up Valentine's day deco in DW? We are at the parks till Feb 7th and were hoping to catch some of it.

When do they start putting up Valentine's day deco in DW? We are at the parks till Feb 7th and were hoping to catch some of it.
They will have things like special cupcakes for Valentine's Day. And there may be a few other things for sale, but I can't remember seeing any decorations. But you never know what they might do for 2020. :)

I believe I am caught up to here, please let me know if I missed you.

For some reason I'm not getting notifications for when posts pop up here and I already have it on 'watch'. I've been thinking you guys have just been really quiet lol

I am going to be pretty busy until Dec. 15th because I have a new course to instruct and I will be working on multiple PhD program applications. So just give me a nudge if it's been over a week and I haven't updated :)

Thanks so much! Apparently I'm not reading the right Disney news resources cause I totally missed that lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter