***** February 2022 Thread *****

With the AP discount at Yacht Club, we are moving there Feb 5 -12. Our discovery of POR will have to wait. DW decided we like the walks to EP and DHS better. The birthday girl decided she likes this plan better than a princess room at POR too. Sounds good to me. 8-)
We moved to the YC to take advantage of the 25% discount. :)

So what do y'all think about Boardwalk Inn, Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs? I don't think I would like the size of Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Just wondering is any of my fellow February goers have stayed at any of these specific resorts. Likes? Dislikes?
We have stayed at both SSR and OKW. We didn't love SSR. I felt it was even more spread out than OKW. Now maybe it was the location of our room for OKW but we LOVED that resort last summer. In fact we're going back there in February.

A little over 3 weeks until I make ADRs. Guess I should have a conversation with hubby about what ADRs he would like me to try for.
It's been tough finding time to talk about the trip because my MIL comes and stays with us every other Thursday through Tuesday. She lives with my SIL because she (MIL) has alzheimers and Dementia as well as Bi Polar manic depressive disorder that has progressed a lot in the last couple of years so she can't be left alone at all. So to give SIL a little break MIL comes and stays several days every other week with us. However because of SIL needing to change weekends around some lately because of plans she has had we have had MIL a lot the passed few weeks. She went home today and will be back Friday evening then we will hopefully get back on track on her schedule. Being off schedule of where she is staying is sometimes a trigger for her not sleeping which triggers her Bi Polar episodes and we try not to do anything to trigger that, especially because the holidays are already a trigger for her. Maybe over the next couple days we can kind of get an idea of where we would want ADRs (if any) and tweak them closer to time if we change our mind.

Where is everyone else thinking of getting ADRs at? What's your recommendations in each park? I know I do not want Skipper Canteen because I went there in March and did not like it. We usually do Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time in HS but may wanna try something different. I'm not a foodie at all and am picky but will find something anywhere. Hubby is a foodie and isn't picky at all. I'm not sure if we will do any sit downs but wanna be prepared and make some ADRs just in case. I'm more of a snacker but hubby prefers full meals and some down time so that gets him both at one time LOL.

The only ADR I am worried about getting is Topolino's breakfast on our arrival day. That is also the one I am excited about. I am also getting Biergarten because we like German food. I am getting Crystal Palace on the off-chance that they bring the characters back by then.

Our original plans made pre-lockdown were the Aker. princess breakfast, but that seems to be closed permanently. I looked into CRT as a substitute, but the menu ticked me off with how limited it was. Like the app selections. a) soup (snooze) B) cured meats and pickles c) plant-based cheese board d) salad. Something about plant cheeses and no real cheeses, and no option that had meats *and* cheeses sent me over the edge. Hint, when googling CRT make sure you include "Disney" in the search. I need to look into the breakfast there. Another original plan was Trattoria, and that is still closed. Liberty Tree Tavern for the ala carte menu. I might make a reservation there, and cancel if the thanksgiving meal is the only option. We were also going to do the Animal Trek and Dive Quest, but no word of those returning. They have to be high profit, so I still have hope. Overall, our tickets and G+ cost went way up, but our dining budget went waaayyy down.

ETA: I just remembered Hoop Dee Doo is supposed to be back, so that is something on the schedule. Obviously can't get an ADR yet, though.

Last edited:
Since Im going solo, I can do whatever I want! But then I rationalize and say, why would I eat “there” by myself. So I’m not sure if I’ll even make any ADRs. I thought about a dessert party, but also think that if I’m by myself, I’ll def be able to figure out a spot to watch. Idk! Help me decide!

Hi all!

Jumping into the thread, I have a 6 night split stay trip booked for myself & my boyfriend 1/29-2/4 - 3 nights Kidani Village savanna view studio, 3 nights Jambo House savanna view studio! I can't wait, this is my fave WDW resort of all time, & I've only stayed there once before!

Just tentatively booked our park days this morning. We have 7 day hoppers. This is my "treat yo'self" bday trip, so I'll probably just splurge and get Genie+

ADR day is 11/30 - really hoping to get Space 220 (but trying not to get my hopes up) and contemplating Cali Grill Brunch, cause I love it so much. Still thinking if there are any other ADRs I want to make. Wanna treat myself but also not made of $$, lol.

80 days out. I need to decide if I am making any new shirts for this trip. I have plenty for me so don't need to make any, but hubby's shirt is from our anniversary trip and says most expensive anniversary ever. He got a lot of compliments on it from our 2019 anniversary trip but since this isn't an anniversary trip I am thinking he shouldn't wear it LOL. Maybe I should make him one that says "Most expensive guilt trip ever" It's kind of an inside joke about him working too much and never having free time unless someone makes him feel guilty about it but I'm not so sure how well that would go over with people (not that I really care). I also need to decide if I am going to make any new ears for this trip. My daughter and I made so many pairs for our March girls trip (there were 6 of us going) and we gave a lot of those away after the trip to a little girl we knew who was going for her first trip but I did keep some. I don't think I'll make any new ones but will pack a different pair for each day (including a pair I didn't make but I love them so like to wear them). Guess I can get my suitcase out and go ahead and take out the pairs I don't wanna take with me. Actually now that I think about it, I'll probably have to take them all out because we are taking our crew (kids and grandkids) for the weekend at gaylord opryland in Nashville the first weekend in December so I'll need my suitcase unless we use hubby's old dingy one. Come to think about it, maybe I'll buy hubby a new luggage set for part of his Christmas gift (or birthday gift since it's in January) this year since he isn't telling me anything he would like or needs. Guess I should be paying more attention to those sales on luggage right now.

We took a family vacation there back in 2011 and aside from WL, it's gotta be my favorite resort! We are planning to spend a lot of time in the world showcase so I'm stoked we're so close. Not to mention the grounds are gorgeous. :)
Love WL. That and Boardwalk are my favs. That whole area around BC, YC and BW are awesome.

Have you all seen that they released the line up for the Broadway Concert Series? I'm a bit bummed because the people I really wanted to see most of all are performing before we get there. :(

Looks like Heidi Blickenstaff and Robert Creighton will be there on our EPCOT day unless we swap the days around. In that case it would be Kara Lindsay and Dan DeLuca.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter