***** February 2022 Thread *****

I def hope to snag one! I am not interested in the price fix menu, but really want to see the space! Lounge is perfect for that (since I'm without kids!)
I've never visited a lounge at Disney. Is it restricted to adults only? Since Oga's allows families I was guessing I might be able to visit with my 12yo but possibly that's not allowed?

I'm the same as you and basically just want to see the space and am not interested in price fixe menu. My DD also wants to try the pop rocks drink!

Ugh. I can’t see Animal kingdom park hours. I even looked at the park hours for today and can’t see them for today. What’s up with that? Can anyone else see the park hours for February 5th for me? I just need animal Kingdom hours I had those written down and now I can’t find them now that I need them. 5B9DF3D5-5E0F-470C-84AF-99390E6A6757.jpegE2993113-E86E-45B1-8EC3-BD34602DC38E.jpeg

Today was ADR day for me. I went ahead and got up at 4:45 my time to see what would be available. The only one I was mainly looking fir was a Topolina's breakfast and honestly I didn't even really care if I didn't get it. This is a small trip to get my Disney fix and I would rather spend my time in the parks doing things than traveling to meals. Of course there were no Topolina's breakfast available our entire trip and I'm okay with that. I did book some dining ADRs for the trip because DH likes sit down meals but they weren't high demand ones so they were all available with our choice of times for most of them. I actually booked lunch and supper at Liberty Tree Tavern because I think hubby will like it. He has never been but I went in March during our girls trip. I will ask him later when he gets up which time slot he wants to keep and then let the other go. I also booked Beaches and Cream for our Epcot day because we can walk there in a short three to five minutes. I know most people would rather eat around the world but I am not a foodie so prefer to stick to what I love. again I booked a lunch time and supper time slot and will release whichever hubby prefers not to keep. If a topolinas breakfast opens on this day I would most likely snag it and drop the B&C reservation and just snack around the world the rest of the time. For HS day I honestly care nothing about the choices for table service here. I did book Hollywood and Vine for lunch and Mama Melrose for supper. I will probably drop both of those. I may look into where we can grab one that is a skyliner ride away. I don't really want to but I may have to if hubby wants to do a sit down meal but doesn't want either of the two I grabbed. for Animal kingdom day I grabbed a Tusker house breakfast but since I can't see park hours I don't know if I'll keep it. I only want to keep it if we will have time to knock FOP out before it (which I imagine we will with early entry). But I also decided to grab an O'hana reservation that night. We would have to leave before park closing but since I'm sure we will be done in AK that's okay (even though it's our last park night). the reason I booked it was because hubby always looks at the menus before trips and he always mentions eating here. I saw the available time and snagged it. It's for 7:40 so we won't miss a lot of park time but this will at least give him the opportunity to try it. I did warn him that people say the quality has went down quite a bit but still it can always be a once and done for us if he doesn't like it. Honestly if this was a solo trip I would live off of snacks and pack sandwiches for at least one meal a day. that's more my style! LOL

On a side note, there were a lot of Oga's Cantina time slots available. At least for a party of 2. I would love to see inside and experience it but specialty drinks just aren't our thing. Now if I could go in and order a regular coke and and hubby a dr pepper and it be worth it, I would so do it just to experience Oga's.

I have two hotel reservations and i want to modify one of them from three nights to one night. Can I easily do this online or do I have to call? I"m scared of messing something up b/c I know the hotel is currently all booked for the weekend I'm going.

I have two hotel reservations and i want to modify one of them from three nights to one night. Can I easily do this online or do I have to call? I"m scared of messing something up b/c I know the hotel is currently all booked for the weekend I'm going.

I have no idea but hopefully someone else can answer you. I know what you mean about not wanting to mess things up though. We are taking our crew to the Opryland gaylord this weekend and we needed to cancel one room for just one night and I was so worried hubby was going to end up canceling all three rooms on accident.

So I already changed things up a bit. I cancelled the Hollywood and Vine and after talking to hubby he suggested we book Ogas just so I can experience it. He said we could always order the cheapest drink and just not drink it if we didn't like it. LOL Sounds like a plan to me. He may actuually liek some of the non alcoholic ones after I read some of the descriptions. So we will just go in and order two different ones and if I don't like mine, he can drink it if he likes it.

I have no idea but hopefully someone else can answer you. I know what you mean about not wanting to mess things up though. We are taking our crew to the Opryland gaylord this weekend and we needed to cancel one room for just one night and I was so worried hubby was going to end up canceling all three rooms on accident.
Can you report back about your Opryland visit (or PM me?) We are also going over xmas break and we are curious if the activities are worth the price. Thanks!

Can you report back about your Opryland visit (or PM me?) We are also going over xmas break and we are curious if the activities are worth the price. Thanks!
Absolutely. We have Been in the past just to look at the lights and such but have never done the extras. I told hubby this year I wanted to do some of the extras. We had the kids tell us what their top choices were and planned from there. So they picked most of the stuff and I am hoping the grand babies (19 months and 4 month) enjoy it. Not that the 4 month old cares either way but he loves Christmas lights so I’m sure he will at least be entertained by that.

ADR day #2 was this morning. As I feared, I wasn't able to get anything at Space 220. I wasn't surprised since b/c this is a split stay I only had a 60+2 advantage. I set up a few reservation finders on a few different sites, so hopefully something pops up! Now that they opened up the lounge for reservations that's what I'm really hoping to get.

The only other reservation I wanted for the 2nd half of the trip was Boma breakfast on the last day, and I easily snagged that one!

If you're not easily able to do it online, I would call. I will give you a heads up though that lately Disney has not been allowing 1 night stays so it may not be possible to modify your stay either online or with a CM to a one night stay.

If you're not easily able to do it online, I would call. I will give you a heads up though that lately Disney has not been allowing 1 night stays so it may not be possible to modify your stay either online or with a CM to a one night stay.
What??? Why not??? It's part of a split stay that I'd like to do - does that circumvent the "one night stay?"

What??? Why not??? It's part of a split stay that I'd like to do - does that circumvent the "one night stay?"
Not that I'm aware of but it's best to call. I have heard it is due to the enhanced cleaning that needs to take place between guests and the time/staffing that is involved in that.

It can change at anytime but I know that it has been in place for a while.

Not that I'm aware of but it's best to call. I have heard it is due to the enhanced cleaning that needs to take place between guests and the time/staffing that is involved in that.

It can change at anytime but I know that it has been in place for a while.
I felt brave and modified online and it all worked. So first night is at Pop, second two nights at Coronado.

I would like some advice in regards to MK closing early on the 8th. Our plan is as follows: Arrive on the 6th and take on Epcot. Go to MK on the 7th with an ADR for BoG. Do HS on the 9th. Is it worth switching our HS for MK in hopes that it does turn out to be less crowded due to the early close? I'm hoping we're going at a pretty decent time (before the big holiday weekend and spring breaks) that it wouldn't be too terribly crowded regardless, but to optimize our time should we take the chance? That would mean booking our BoG ADR for another evening which is fine since we have the park hopper tickets but I'd rather keep the plan as it is unless you all think it would be for the better. I will mention we are there until the 11th so we have room to be flexible.

That is what I did. Even down to switching HS for MK and having park hoppers.

One thought. I would think Disney would schedule CM-appreciation park time during a really low crowd day. They news of the days is fairly recent. So, I'm hoping that means it is low crowds. Although, anything can change.

I would like some advice in regards to MK closing early on the 8th. Our plan is as follows: Arrive on the 6th and take on Epcot. Go to MK on the 7th with an ADR for BoG. Do HS on the 9th. Is it worth switching our HS for MK in hopes that it does turn out to be less crowded due to the early close? I'm hoping we're going at a pretty decent time (before the big holiday weekend and spring breaks) that it wouldn't be too terribly crowded regardless, but to optimize our time should we take the chance? That would mean booking our BoG ADR for another evening which is fine since we have the park hopper tickets but I'd rather keep the plan as it is unless you all think it would be for the better. I will mention we are there until the 11th so we have room to be flexible.
We are also arriving at WDW on the 6th and starting off at Epcot. :)

I would guess that Wednesday, Feb 9th would be a very busy day for MK, because the day before has shortened hours.

We are also arriving at WDW on the 6th and starting off at Epcot. :)

I would guess that Wednesday, Feb 9th would be a very busy day for MK, because the day before has shortened hours.

That is what I did. Even down to switching HS for MK and having park hoppers.

One thought. I would think Disney would schedule CM-appreciation park time during a really low crowd day. They news of the days is fairly recent. So, I'm hoping that means it is low crowds. Although, anything can change.

Awesome! Maybe we’ll run into each other 😀 I am considering moving our HS for the 7th, doing MK on the 8th and moving BoG to another night….it does make me a little weary scheduling that dinner without a park reservation to MK for that day, but hopefully if we do so for say the 7th or even the 10th it won’t be so bad.

We are really excited to do BoG so I would hate to not be able to go if MK is at capacity one day after 2.

On a side note, there were a lot of Oga's Cantina time slots available. At least for a party of 2. I would love to see inside and experience it but specialty drinks just aren't our thing. Now if I could go in and order a regular coke and and hubby a dr pepper and it be worth it, I would so do it just to experience Oga's.

I woke up early to try for Oga's on Saturday morning and got nothing for more than a party of 1. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter