February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

I have that “all or nothing” thinking a lot. It’s not good for me when I start doing it. When I was a kid, if I got a 98 on an exam, I was obsessed with the 2 points I got wrong. It definitely affects me with weight loss. I used to mess up one meal then give up for days after. I am still working on it. It’s a real challenge.
ME TOO! I like to be in control and do it all. And I even had an breakdown with a 98% on a pre-call test in high school and struggled with the 2% missed 🤦🏻‍♀️ And I used to give up cooking for a week if I burned something. But I’m much better with cooking now.

I am thankfully that I am, so far, not having many side effects. i have a sore arm but it is better right now then last time. I have had a slight headache but it was more of an annoyance. But now I am tired but can't sleep. So nothing bad. I can handle this.

I was very nervous/anxious today. Enough to make me not really eat today and have some stomach issues. I thought I was hiding it but the minute I got to the station to get the shot one of the nurses asked if I was ok. I must have not been hiding it too well. Once I got home I was fine.

I did get a walk in at lunch today. I walked outside with DH instead of the treadmill. I will take it easy tomorrow and then start to get back into my routine. I am about 40ish minutes away from hitting my monthly activity minutes. I wanted to do an average of 60 minutes a day which is 1860 minutes for the month. So I am doing great here.

Boohoo DS2 and girlfriend cancelled dinner with us tonight (she's not feeling well from her vaccine). Wahoo DH finally got the super yummy pizza he loves for dinner so I didn't have to cook! Well, I did roast some asparagus. So delish!

Wahoo I had two walks in for a total of 1.5 hours before noon today! So nice to walk and visit with friends.

Wahoo we signed our tax paperwork today and are getting a hefty return! Very nice since last year the IRS got a hefty sum from us! Thank you, twins! :rotfl2:

Wahoo we crossed off everything on our written to do list. That unwritten one is quite another story!

Thankful for my health, my families health and the health of my students. I have gotten emailed notifications of new cases in the high school weekly, sometimes daily. So far though, our school has done well with only a few cases. And so far (knock on wood) my own children have managed to stay away from it (not even considered a close contact from school).

Thankful for the warmer temperatures and all the signs of spring. It’s crazy how much weather effects my mood, but it does!

Thankful for my vaccine which is giving me hope for the future and helping me to look forward to vacations this year that we missed out on last year!

Thankful that spring is almost here
Thankful for the good health of family and friends.
Thankful for Instagram... my portal to the world at large. Since adding ADHD and Autistic people to my feed I keep getting little connect-the-dot nuggets of wisdom.
Thankful for these two little weirdos.

Since adding ADHD and Autistic people to my feed I keep getting little connect-the-dot nuggets of wisdom.

Do you follow Alis Rowe? Her Autism quotes are usually favorites of mine on Pinterest, but I'm not sure if she puts the same stuff on Instagram.

Thankful for these two little weirdos.

Your cats are just beautiful!!

I'm thankful for the warmer weather this week. It was time to disconnect the humidifier. I will sleep much better without the bright light...the light disinfects it, so it eliminates most of the cleaning which I like, but I won't miss that light.

I'm thankful that the 3rd marking period is almost over, even though a lot of paperwork is involved, it's okay. I'm ready for the finish line!

I'm thankful that tomorrow is Friday. I'm ready for the weekend.

I'm thankful that I'm back on track with my diet and exercise.

I'm thankful for my wonderful daughter.

I'm thankful for my health and the good health of my family.

Yes, thankful for these warmer days. I love seeing the flowers poking out getting ready to bloom.

Thankful for the continued health of friends and family-my friend’s mother turned 100 today and she is finally able to see her younger (97!) sister again because they have both had their vaccinations.

Thankful tomorrow is Friday!

Thankful for getting in the groove again. My body feels good! That’s a great motivator for momentum. ❤️
Thankful for my scooby dukes... he was a disaster today. 💚
Thankful for new roads... about to start a tech/coding course... just online for now but come fall I’m going to push thru for a certificate- big deal for me. 💜
Thankful for my bro... he’s a great motivator & always willing to help. 💙

Our school board met last night and voted to start doing modified quarantine. I’m not even sure what that is yet. But I know our school nurses and administration was against it. So that just frustrates me, which caused me to not sleep well. So I woke up this morning feeling a little discouraged. However, the scale is still down even after I stress ate half a Gertrude Hawk candy bar right before bed. So there’s that ;)

Our school board met last night and voted to start doing modified quarantine. I’m not even sure what that is yet. But I know our school nurses and administration was against it. So that just frustrates me, which caused me to not sleep well. So I woke up this morning feeling a little discouraged. However, the scale is still down even after I stress ate half a Gertrude Hawk candy bar right before bed. So there’s that ;)
Congrats on the scale being down.:cheer2:

I have a feeling that our journey back to "normal" is going to continue to be a roller coaster until we reach herd immunity. The PUSH in my district has been to fully open by April 19th. I'm losing my 6 foot distanced desks, which in reality are only about 3 feet because the kids can't help but to lean into each other especially when their masks are off because they're eating:scared:. The desks are being replaced with tables and plexiglass 3 feet apart...can't wait to see how well that works when a lot of them can't even handle having a name tag on their desk without peeling it off. I will be fully vaccinated by then, but we still don't know if those of us vaccinated will be protected from carrying the virus and infecting others...but let's forge ahead anyway. Then I get the pretty regular call that says "a person in your building has been infected so please read the email to see if you need to quarantine and get tested." I wish we could finish the year as is, and open more widely in the fall.

In the meantime, I empathize with you. Taking 2 steps forward and 10 backward is truly stressful. Thinking we are out of the woods only to be pushed back into them is too much.

I, for one, can't wait for 1. My next vaccination and my family being fully vaccinated. 2. April vacation, so that I can escape this insanity if only for a week. 3. Summer!!!!!!!!!🌊

Feel a hug. :hug:

Congrats on the scale being down.:cheer2:

I have a feeling that our journey back to "normal" is going to continue to be a roller coaster until we reach herd immunity. The PUSH in my district has been to fully open by April 19th. I'm losing my 6 foot distanced desks, which in reality are only about 3 feet because the kids can't help but to lean into each other especially when their masks are off because they're eating:scared:. The desks are being replaced with tables and plexiglass 3 feet apart...can't wait to see how well that works when a lot of them can't even handle having a name tag on their desk without peeling it off. I will be fully vaccinated by then, but we still don't know if those of us vaccinated will be protected from carrying the virus and infecting others...but let's forge ahead anyway. Then I get the pretty regular call that says "a person in your building has been infected so please read the email to see if you need to quarantine and get tested." I wish we could finish the year as is, and open more widely in the fall.

In the meantime, I empathize with you. Taking 2 steps forward and 10 backward is truly stressful. Thinking we are out of the woods only to be pushed back into them is too much.

I, for one, can't wait for 1. My next vaccination and my family being fully vaccinated. 2. April vacation, so that I can escape this insanity if only for a week. 3. Summer!!!!!!!!!🌊

Feel a hug. :hug:
:hug:

Our school board met last night and voted to start doing modified quarantine.

A group of parents... dozen maybe addressed the school board on removing masking in the schools here. Yep 😣 I can’t even fathom this. Not completely shocked w culture here but still... the complete crazy that leads to this perception? Come on... it’s a cloth mask not a torture device... shaking my head here.

Happy am note - 5lbs down this week 🎊🎉🎊 This is typical of my first week of getting on task- it will likely be 1 to 2 a wk after but I was really wondering if my age would shift that week 1 result. I’ve lost at least 5 times I think from where I am so sticking to that plan 🙌

Last edited:
In our schools they are taking away the plexiglass dividers over Easter break and it will only be 3 feet between desks. They also took away the quarantine requirements. It is something like it has to be a close contact outside of school but not in school. We are sending our kids back to school for the 4th quarter. When I signed up for the switch our number were either going down or staying the same. This week they started to go up. I am really hoping what is going on in MI stays in MI and doesn't cross the boarder.

Yesterday was a rough day. I started with a fever Wednesday night and ran one all day yesterday. The chills and body aches were the worst. I was alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 6 hours and it was wearing off after 4. I slept whenever the meds were working. I am not 100% today but the fever, chills and body aches are gone. I have a slight headache, my arm is sore and I am really congested. I have not taken my allergy meds the last 2 night so some of this can be from that. I am coughing more too and feels like someone is sitting on my chest. I will rest again today and hope that tomorrow I will be back to normal.

A group of parents... dozen maybe addressed the school board on removing masking in the schools here. Yep 😣 I can’t even fathom this. Not completely shocked w culture here but still... the complete crazy that leads to this perception? Come on... it’s a cloth mask not a torture device... shaking my head here.

Happy am note - 5lbs down this week 🎊🎉🎊 This is typical of my first week of getting on task- it will likely be 1 to 2 a wk after but I was really wondering if my age would shift that week 1 result. I’ve lost at least 5 times I think from where I am so sticking to that plan 🙌
We asked our grandson to describe his day for us, and in his very long narrative, not once did complain about distancing or masks. He is so happy to be back under any conditions. His teachers are doing an amazing job.

And did you see where one of our PA legislators wants to withhold funds from schools not fully reopened?? I have said for years every legislator should be required to substitute one day a year in a public school classroom.

Yeesh. Yes... my K is fine all day in one. My 3- just turned 4 too when we go in a store is fine. I think he might even be ok w one in class but they are not required for his aged room. It’s parents attitudes & influence... even if that means lack of convos to assist in what’s going on... there is a virus, this helps protect people around us & us too. No biggie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!