February 2014 Code watch

Does anyone happen to know when you can start making a booking for Feb 2014 on the WDW website? It looks like it will only let you book until December 31, 2013 right now. Thanks in advance!

Early July you should be able to book 2014 online. For now only over the phone.

The codes for Jan.-Feb. came out in Sept. last year.

If you're concerned about dining reservations, you have a couple of options. First, you can still book at the 180-day mark. You don't need a reservation to do this--when staying offsite, I had no issues getting good dining choices this way. Your other option is to book a room-only and put down the $200--this gives you the 180 +10 day reservation window. That's nice if you absolutely HAVE to have CRT or BOG, that kind of thing.

If you aren't sure of your dates, you could go the first route for your big dining choices. You know, booking Akershus for every possible Friday that you might be in WDW, for example. If you do this, you need to keep track so you can cancel the unneeded ones--remember, they take a credit card for most ADRs. And some places, like CRT, charge your card immediately, so I'd be judicious.

Since our dates are set, I'll probably do the room-only booking thing.

Does someone have a link to a countdown calendar that goes by days? I have the one where it goes by months only. hmmm. Perhaps I can change it to days somehow. I could just count backwards in a calendar but what fun is that?

I dont remember anything coming out in sept last year. As i was waiting. If it was it wasnt great. Stay play dine didnt come out til late. Gosh i think it was end of october. And it went thru 3/7. Saved me $2000.
I always vook my package regardless of codes and jus apply them when they come out so i can get my dining.
I also remember waiting last year for the next years rates. The year before was june but last year was august.
There is just never any rhyme or reason to the dates wdw throws out. I always have my $200 waiting come june lol.

The codes for Jan.-Feb. came out in Sept. last year.

If you're concerned about dining reservations, you have a couple of options. First, you can still book at the 180-day mark. You don't need a reservation to do this--when staying offsite, I had no issues getting good dining choices this way. Your other option is to book a room-only and put down the $200--this gives you the 180 +10 day reservation window. That's nice if you absolutely HAVE to have CRT or BOG, that kind of thing.

If you aren't sure of your dates, you could go the first route for your big dining choices. You know, booking Akershus for every possible Friday that you might be in WDW, for example. If you do this, you need to keep track so you can cancel the unneeded ones--remember, they take a credit card for most ADRs. And some places, like CRT, charge your card immediately, so I'd be judicious.

Since our dates are set, I'll probably do the room-only booking thing.

Just an FYI, for room only bookings you have to put down one nights stay as the deposit. The $200 is only when booking packages which as mentioned cannot be booked yet.

We will be staying at WDW after our cruise. We will be there 2/17-2/22. I'm starting to read a lot about how busy this week is. Right now I'm torn between waiting to see if any discounts come along or bite the bullet, buy our tickets from Undercover Tourist and not worry about packages. If I buy our tickets now, it saves us $200.00. Anyone have suggestions? :thumbsup2

I just bit the bullet...booked a 2bdrm Wilderness Villa from a DVC member and bought tickets thru Undercover. Wanted to wait for Poly but the whole trip saved me 2200. ...even if a great deal came out.
Now we can use the extra money for extra magical fun :)

Planning a trip for my Mom and me in Feb :)
My first time visiting in Feb - but way back that was the favorite time for Mom and Day to visit. I think it was the lower rates and crowds.
So come on Feb deals!

Hi All,

Were trying to decide if we should do a longer two week trip in Feb or a week in Sept with free dining and then a week in Feb. Does anyone know about what % Stay Play and Dine saved people last year? Were also thinking of getting APs at the end of the Sept trip to use in Feb, but wanted to compare the savings with the APs vs the savings with SP&D. Any info is greatly appreaciated, thank you.

I'm doing the Glass Slipper Challenge, so anxiously waiting for a February pin! Can't decide whether to wait or rent DVC!

Hi All,

Were trying to decide if we should do a longer two week trip in Feb or a week in Sept with free dining and then a week in Feb. Does anyone know about what % Stay Play and Dine saved people last year? Were also thinking of getting APs at the end of the Sept trip to use in Feb, but wanted to compare the savings with the APs vs the savings with SP&D. Any info is greatly appreaciated, thank you.

We used The visa offer for S/P/D with 2 adults 1 child 1 infant. When I did the math for us it was $60-80 more than free dinning would have been. I thought it was a great deal! We stay at POR for 6 nights 7 days with 7 day park hoppers.

S/P/D is a better deal if you're staying in a deluxe resort. For the values and moderates, it's about the same, maybe even more expensive, than free dining. OTOH, it has the advantage of being more available. I suspect they want to do away with free dining and go with S/P/D so you get a bigger discount with the higher cost resorts.

S/P/D is a better deal if you're staying in a deluxe resort. For the values and moderates, it's about the same, maybe even more expensive, than free dining. OTOH, it has the advantage of being more available. I suspect they want to do away with free dining and go with S/P/D so you get a bigger discount with the higher cost resorts.

Wondering how you came to this conclusion. S/P/D was a discount on tickets and dinning with rack rate rooms.

S/P/D is a package discount--free dining (and that's how it's spelled!) is only "free" because you pay rack rates for the room.

Hi friends! Finally joining this thread--looking to stay Feb 9-15. We would really like to stay at Beach Club, but may do POR. A room only discount would be great! I can't decide if I am going to do an AP again, so hopefully a good room only will do.

Joining in. Looking at possible 2/28 thru 3/9 stay. Hoping for low to moderate crowds and a discount.

We just decided to take DD for her 20th Birthday, first week of Feb. We are so excited, we have only been to WDW in June. So we are really looking forward to lower crowds and cooler weather. I hope I can get an ADR for BOG the day of her birthday!:) This may be the last time in awhile, that we can all go together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts