February 2014 Code watch

Going February 20th until March 2nd. We go every Feb so DS can go to the Daytona 500 and I get Disney. Hope there is a great discount.

We'll be braving vacation week as well. I subscribed to this thread because I was thinking we'd see what deals pop up, but we ended up booking a 2 bed at Bonnet Creek because we'll have a party of six (with my parents) and I just don't see us getting a better deal than that when it comes to amenities, space and proximity. If it was just us, we'd probably aim for a moderate. We also wouldn't go for free dining over a room discount- we tire easily of Disney food. I see the last time you were at WDW was POFQ Dec. '11- us, too! Good luck planning.

We are going to have to battle Presidents Week crowds this year for the first time. Seriously considering the Dolphin teacher rate for the first time unless a room only discount in the Epcot area can beat it. We're one of those weird families who doesn't like the dining plan, prefer a room discount over free dining (don't throw things please).

We are going to have to battle Presidents Week crowds this year for the first time. Seriously considering the Dolphin teacher rate for the first time unless a room only discount in the Epcot area can beat it. We're one of those weird families who doesn't like the dining plan, prefer a room discount over free dining (don't throw things please).

I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to braving the crowds, but you do what you have to do!

I was looking at the Dolphin discount as well. I priced it out though, and once you add in an airport transfer it doesn't come out much differently than staying at a moderate. At least at the current prices. So if there's ANY sort of discount, we might come out ahead staying on site. And I adore staying on site, LOL.

I love FD, but I totally get how it doesn't work for everyone. I'll take whatever I can get!

I'm also seriously considering tacking a day or two on solo at the end of the trip (I'll be going with my Mom). She has to get back because she's a teacher, but I might be able to stay. It might be a good time to investigate whether or not I like being there solo, without having to commit to a full week alone!

I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to braving the crowds, but you do what you have to do!

I was looking at the Dolphin discount as well. I priced it out though, and once you add in an airport transfer it doesn't come out much differently than staying at a moderate. At least at the current prices. So if there's ANY sort of discount, we might come out ahead staying on site. And I adore staying on site, LOL.

I love FD, but I totally get how it doesn't work for everyone. I'll take whatever I can get!

I'm also seriously considering tacking a day or two on solo at the end of the trip (I'll be going with my Mom). She has to get back because she's a teacher, but I might be able to stay. It might be a good time to investigate whether or not I like being there solo, without having to commit to a full week alone!

This is the first time we will attempt February too! I'm worried about the crowds, but with a good plan and realistic expectations, we will have to do it. However, we will be coming from our cruise, getting to the resort on 2/17/13 and leaving either 2/21 or 2/22...depends on what price I can get for airfare. We are waiting for Jet Blue to release flights, I'm sure they are going to be high. Oh well, I'll take Disney anyway I can. If there are any discounts, I'll take those too. :)

This is the first time we will attempt February too! I'm worried about the crowds, but with a good plan and realistic expectations, we will have to do it. However, we will be coming from our cruise, getting to the resort on 2/17/13 and leaving either 2/21 or 2/22...depends on what price I can get for airfare. We are waiting for Jet Blue to release flights, I'm sure they are going to be high. Oh well, I'll take Disney anyway I can. If there are any discounts, I'll take those too. :)

Waiting on flights here, too.

Last time we were at WDW it was for five days leading up to Christmas Eve, 2011. I did my homework, followed the touring plans crowd calendars and we got to ride everything we wanted within a reasonable time. Comparing the historical touring plans calendars to the projected ones in February, I'm not too worried, but we'll see what happens! :)

We'll be braving vacation week as well. I subscribed to this thread because I was thinking we'd see what deals pop up, but we ended up booking a 2 bed at Bonnet Creek because we'll have a party of six (with my parents) and I just don't see us getting a better deal than that when it comes to amenities, space and proximity. If it was just us, we'd probably aim for a moderate. We also wouldn't go for free dining over a room discount- we tire easily of Disney food. I see the last time you were at WDW was POFQ Dec. '11- us, too! Good luck planning.

Geez, guess I better update my signature. We just had a trip at WL Nov into Dec 2012. (What a wonderful resort. The location alone is spoiling; don't know how we'll ever go back to a mod with only bus transportation, hence my Dolphin thinking.) I've been on my phone and iPad using the Dis app so I don't see signatures anymore! Thanks!

Geez, guess I better update my signature. We just had a trip at WL Nov into Dec 2012. (What a wonderful resort. The location alone is spoiling; don't know how we'll ever go back to a mod with only bus transportation, hence my Dolphin thinking.) I've been on my phone and iPad using the Dis app so I don't see signatures anymore! Thanks!

Well, we're going the other way. When I went as a child we always stayed on the monorail, last time we went we stayed in moderate and this time it looks like it will be off site! Would love to do deluxe and had more flexible travel dates to find a deal! Maybe one day when it's just the four of us.

Well, we're going the other way. When I went as a child we always stayed on the monorail, last time we went we stayed in moderate and this time it looks like it will be off site! Would love to do deluxe and had more flexible travel dates to find a deal! Maybe one day when it's just the four of us.

And we are going from a vacationing family of 5 down to a family of 4 as one has gone off to college...how very much more "affordable" at Disney!

We're going from 6 down to 5 due to college, so we're moving back onsite, assuming there's a good discount to be had, like S/P/D. We want to stay at Beach Club. We're fortunate that NH has a different Feb. break than everyone else--it's supposed to be so locals can enjoy the ski slopes when the tourists leave. But, there are good deals to be had at WDW, and cheaper flights out of Hartford

Of course, I still have those :eek: tuition bills, so it's not all good news.

Oh man. These prices are going to be the death of me. If there's no discount, we'll still go, but I won't be staying those extra few days! :crazy2: I'm used to low season prices!

Hoping for some kind of discount for around Presidents week. In 2012, we checked in on the last day of free dining and had free dining for an 11 night stay that included Presidents Week. (I got the free dining pin that came out for this fall already, but need February!!!)

We are hoping to go Jan 30-Feb 9 - hoping the weather will be warm enough to swim a few days......we have been the last 2 weeks of Feb and it was wonderful weather for touring the parks but it was a bit chilly to swim. Hoping for at least a 30% room rate discount for deluxe - we are hoping to stay at Animal Kingdom but Beach Club looks great too! :love:

We are hoping to go Jan 30-Feb 9 - hoping the weather will be warm enough to swim a few days......we have been the last 2 weeks of Feb and it was wonderful weather for touring the parks but it was a bit chilly to swim. Hoping for at least a 30% room rate discount for deluxe - we are hoping to stay at Animal Kingdom but Beach Club looks great too! :love:

We were there the first week of Feb this year and it was definitely warm enough to swim. But the weather is definitely screwy here in FL and you really don't know if its going to be in the 50's or 80's in Feb until that week.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hoping for some kind of discount for around Presidents week. In 2012, we checked in on the last day of free dining and had free dining for an 11 night stay that included Presidents Week. (I got the free dining pin that came out for this fall already, but need February!!!)

I would love to get FD or some sort of discount! Hoping for some pixie dust. We are going for the first time in Feb. we will be there Feb. 13-17 possibly moving our arrival up to the 12th.

My son's HS band will be marching in a parade. Right now I don't even know the day nor the park

Fingers crossed for good weather! I've had swimming weather in Dec and Jan, so hopefully Feb will work out!

Watching too! We're going to bring my SIL, BIL and niece to Disney for the first time! I'm excited! And hoping for a really good discount! :)

The codes for Jan.-Feb. came out in Sept. last year.

If you're concerned about dining reservations, you have a couple of options. First, you can still book at the 180-day mark. You don't need a reservation to do this--when staying offsite, I had no issues getting good dining choices this way. Your other option is to book a room-only and put down the $200--this gives you the 180 +10 day reservation window. That's nice if you absolutely HAVE to have CRT or BOG, that kind of thing.

If you aren't sure of your dates, you could go the first route for your big dining choices. You know, booking Akershus for every possible Friday that you might be in WDW, for example. If you do this, you need to keep track so you can cancel the unneeded ones--remember, they take a credit card for most ADRs. And some places, like CRT, charge your card immediately, so I'd be judicious.

Since our dates are set, I'll probably do the room-only booking thing.

Does anyone happen to know when you can start making a booking for Feb 2014 on the WDW website? It looks like it will only let you book until December 31, 2013 right now. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!