February 2012 Check-in!

Booking a winter rate package this week for Feb 8th-12th. This will be our son's surprise 7th birthday trip (his bday is on the 4th). We have been to WDW multiple times but never DL s a family. We are ready for a little variety so DL here we come. Booking at GCH.

... we feel like such newbies all of the sudden. Learning the ropes at DL after years of WDW is interesting! So many differences!!!

Booking a winter rate package this week for Feb 8th-12th. This will be our son's surprise 7th birthday trip (his bday is on the 4th). We have been to WDW multiple times but never DL s a family. We are ready for a little variety so DL here we come. Booking at GCH.

... we feel like such newbies all of the sudden. Learning the ropes at DL after years of WDW is interesting! So many differences!!!

How exciting!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

How exciting!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

DH and I just decided to do this trip this morning as we have Delta vouchers that have to be redeemed by March. I have spent the entire day trying to discretely research DL without DD or DS noticing. I am learning that we have A LOT to learn in one month! ;) Ordered our "WDW Bible" in the DL version on Amazon today too... The Unofficial Guide. Let the education begin! lol

Thanks!! :goodvibes

DH and I just decided to do this trip this morning as we have Delta vouchers that have to be redeemed by March. I have spent the entire day trying to discretely research DL without DD or DS noticing. I am learning that we have A LOT to learn in one month! ;) Ordered our "WDW Bible" in the DL version on Amazon today too... The Unofficial Guide. Let the education begin! lol

Disneyland is actually really easy to get to know. That is a great choice for a book. The Disneyland website can be a great source of information too. Try looking at the Disneyland information they have on here too. You can see what restaurant offers what. And if there are any ADRs you want to make like the Blue Bayou now would be best.

Disneyland is actually really easy to get to know. That is a great choice for a book. The Disneyland website can be a great source of information too. Try looking at the Disneyland information they have on here too. You can see what restaurant offers what. And if there are any ADRs you want to make like the Blue Bayou now would be best.

The ADRs this late in the game concern me... WDW ADRs have to be made soooo early to get what you want at the more popular locations! Is DL as bad? I am also so confused about the difference in how they run dining plans. I have a lot of research to do on dining and QUICKLY! ;)

The ADRs this late in the game concern me... WDW ADRs have to be made soooo early to get what you want at the more popular locations! Is DL as bad? I am also so confused about the difference in how they run dining plans. I have a lot of research to do on dining and QUICKLY! ;)

I have no clue on the dining plans we have never used them. I have heard a lot of people say that they felt they would do better not using the dining plan. I think you are okay with ADRs now. Disneyland shouldn't be busy during your dates. I haven't made any for my trip that starts on the 14th. I figure the only one I will make is for our dinner at the restaurant across the street from our hotel. The rest at Disneyland and DCA we will play by ear.

You're going to love the relative simplicity of DL. Dining ressies shouldn't be a problem. (I just made mine, for a few days after your visit, and I got all of my first choices.) If you are planning to do the dining option for the WOC you might want to jump on that one though... there is a smaller window of options.
I agree with the poster above who recommended the Blue Bayou. Your kids will love the waterside tables. (You will too!)
Have a great time.

I am bringing my wife and 2 kids (8 and 6) over from Australia for 5 night at the Disneyland Hotel and 4 days in the park. We arrive early on the 26th and will be there for the 24-hour opening.
I am very excited.

I am bringing my wife and 2 kids (8 and 6) over from Australia for 5 night at the Disneyland Hotel and 4 days in the park. We arrive early on the 26th and will be there for the 24-hour opening.
I am very excited.

That's super exciting. I hope that you have a wonderful time! Your kids are the perfect age to eat it up.
Where in Australia? I grew up in Perth, and miss it tons. :sad1:

We are bringing our rain gear. I have a Mickey Mouse rain poncho I got last year and my husband has rain gear so we are set. A little rain never hurt us.:smooth:

A little rain = small crowds. :thumbsup2

Is DL as bad? I am also so confused about the difference in how they run dining plans. I have a lot of research to do on dining and QUICKLY! ;)

From what I understand, most people don't recommend the DL dining plan because there really isn't one. All you receive are vouchers that are worth a certain amount. Most people just pay out of pocket. Or they buy gift cards if they are trying to budget out a certain amount ahead of time.

I agree with those that say you don't need to stress on the ADR's quite yet. But if you want a character meal or Blue Bayou, you may want to call soon.

DH and I are going from February 28th - March 1st. We're on a road trip through California and had to make time to stop at the original Disney park! Staying at the Park Vue Inn. Originally quite excited about the leap day, now I'm a bit scared as I've done DLP at capacity and it was HORRIFIC! Have no desire to ever be in Disney when it's that packed again!

We usually go to DL in February for our sons birthday, but skipped it a couple times to go later in the year. I just tried to call DVC to book our room and the GCV are completely full, I never remember it being busy in February is there something special going on during the week of 13-29th? Thanks!!

We usually go to DL in February for our sons birthday, but skipped it a couple times to go later in the year. I just tried to call DVC to book our room and the GCV are completely full, I never remember it being busy in February is there something special going on during the week of 13-29th? Thanks!!

Isn't the 29th the special 24 hour party at DL and at WDW???

Valentine's day (14th) , President's day (20th) and Disney just released plans for DL to be open 24 hours on the 29th(Leap day). :)

I booked our upcoming trip early October. My 1st choice of dates wasn't available and all weekends were gone the month of February...was told we were 'lucky' to grab 3 nights Weds thru Fri.

Dizzy4DL thanks for the WOC times:)

DryCreek I had expected Pres day weekend to be crowded ala WDW, hoping the week prior is slow. Re March @ WDW, my DS (a vet of the park) went down last year the 1st week in March and said it was crazy crowded when the touring plans said otherwise. Spring break's are all over the map it appears.

Valentine's day (14th) , President's day (20th) and Disney just released plans for DL to be open 24 hours on the 29th(Leap day). :)

Were usually at DL on the 14th our son b-day is the 13th and never really see a big crowd unless it falls on a weekend. I did forget about the 20th and that would be the date we would be at the parks. I was thinking about stretching out our dates up to the 29th but with leap day maybe we will skip the month February all together.

We will be at Disney Feb 29 and Mar 1, this was before they even announced the special day.

Not sure where we are staying yet, I already have a resort in Escondido since we are doing a lot in San Diego too. But I think I will book something closer for the 29th-1st to save our sanity of the 1.5 hour drive each way 2 days with 2 kids.

My oldest turns 4 on the 29th so I want to make it special.

Oh man, I was hoping for low crowds and now that announcement on the 29th YIKES. It might get crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter