February 10, 2007 7-Day Western Who's coming?

Princess Tink said:
thanks yankeegal54. We're trying to wait as long as possible to make a decision. DH is layed off work next week, then they are looking at 2 more weeks in October. So, we'll know by then how our finances look. This is the first time this has happened in years, he's been on the job for 12 yrs....and maybe been off a week back in the mid 90's. His employor is talking about additional time after the first of the year, this may be a real eye opener for us as well as others in the industry. The US auto industry is really going down a bumpy road right now. Luckily if we have to rebook (which is what I plan on doing) for 2008....we still have DVC we can count on for our Disney fix next year.

Judging by this thread I don't think you'll have to worry about the cruise being sold out. Sending some pixie dust your way pixiedust: ! Good Luck!

I just checked and found the "crew' list. My wife and I (5th Disney Cruise) will be sailing with another couple on their first cruise, Disney or otherwise. We are from west Michigan, and certainly understand Princess Tink's auto woes. At least gas is dropping, so maybe others will pick up also, though the news on Ford isn't good. Hopefully you won't have to drop off the trip.

Hi everyone . . . Add two more groups to the cruise . . . DH (42), DD (10), and DS (5)(6 by the time the cruise rolls around) are joining my MIL & FIL. First cruise for me and the kids, DH was on one 20 yrs or so ago and In-Laws have been on many, but this is first Disney . . We are very excited.

Flying in on the 9th from Minneapolis, staying at the Radisson at the Port. May stay over an extra day or two to use up WDW tickets from previous 2005 trip.

DH and I are spending way to many hours on the computer since we made this decision . . . these boards are addicting!! So much info. . . .

How are you keeping the exciting alive in your kids? I'm going to have them create a countdown calendar, but think it might be to soon, maybe start it at 75 days?

I've always lurked on the boards, never posted. Looking foward to starting some conversation with the rest of you!

Just got back from our B2B of 9/30 & 10/07 Had a wonderful time and have decided to do the B2B we had scheduled for 2/03 & 2/10. I'll try to get a cruise report in the next couple of days. Glad to be back. Still cleaning up and the painters will finish the interior while we're on our cruise. :cool1:

Does anyone have any girls going on this cruise? My DD (10) is interested in emailing, but wan't sure about emailing with a boy . . . sorry. . . hasn't hit that age yet . . .

My DD (3) will be on the cruise, but I think your DD would like someone a little older :thumbsup2

Send an Email to Verandah Man he will see all will get post cards from there favorite Characters.

Looks like we're slowing gaining cruisers. You will find Mary & I on the starboard side of the adult pool in the shade. We love to relax and read, get in the pool to cool off, sometimes in the hot tub depending on the weather. three and a half months. :cool1:

Where is everybody. Have a Brother in law in Fennville Michigan. This will be our 9th & 10th Cruises with DVC. Best investment we ever made. Been using for 6 yrs now and could sell it for more than we paid. Can't say that about too much in this life. I hope you auto industry people don't get hit too hard, not a great place to be right now, will say a little prayer for you all. Not a lot of posts but a lot of cruises, sounds like we have two big parties. About two weeks for the two digit dance. :cool1: :Pinkbounc

I'm here, waiting to chat about our cruise! It's all my daughter and I talk about. Can't believe there aren't more people reading and posting... :rotfl:

We are also getting very excited. Loaded the Magical Mountain countdown clock on my PC. . . 107:09:57:19:18 is the current time until we leave!!!

Found a "fairygodmother" on the Passporter boards who is going to send a post card to my kids from Castaway Cay from Donald Duck in December. I think the kids are going to get a good laugh about that.

Still trying to decide if we will build a chain to take apart day by day or a Disney calendar to cross off the days on when it gets closer.

Does everyone else have everything planned? We still need to decide where we will stay for Saturday and Sunday after the cruise. The in-laws want to stay at POR. Trying to decide if they should get the dining plan for two days. My family already has a park pass left over from last year, so we can't get the dining plan unless we buy park passes . . . Don't think it is worth it at this point.

Hey fellow cruisers! I am coming from NC with some friends and family and my brother is coming from MI with some family. :car: We just got the word from Sue Ellen at DU that the military and Florida resident rates had been released. We had originally booked a gty 12 and it was running $2119.60 for 2 adults. Well, the discounts were only for certain catagories so our TA moved us to a cat 9 and we still got money back (plus $75 room credit for moving to DU). Ended up paying $1722. for 2 adults in a cat 9. :cool1: Pretty sweet! :dance3: We hit double digests yesterday folks! Only 98 days as of today. :hourglass Like Joksten2000 :joker: you'll find us in the adult area so make room in that hot tub Joksten2000! : :crowded: Any one else dressing like pirates on pirate night? pirate: We've never done the dress up thing but this year we're diving in and going all out.

Pirate costumes anyone? pirate: Anyone decorating their doors? I am currently eating, sleeping, dreaming Disney. Seriously I just replaced all of my light blubs with florescent light bumbs and then had a dream that I was replacing all my light bulbs with ones shaped like Mickey's glove. I was laughing so hard at myself when I woke up! :rotfl2:

Not sure about pirate costumes . . . Traveling with my in-laws and I know they won't! I'll keep my eyes out and see what we can find! Sounds like fun.

DH and I are spending way to much time surfing looking at trip reports! Can't believe we are down to 97 days! Really need to get to the gym . . . but I know that probably won't happen . . . oh well.

Have you guys decided on what excursions you will do? DH and DD want to do the swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel. DS is too young . . . Will probably split up for the day. Will need to find something for DS(6), MIL and myself to do. . . . How is the shopping?

One of the CM's told us they only had 65% capacity on our last cruise, and it doesn't look good on this one. Maybe that's why DCL is raising the prices. Well more room for us. Thinking about printing some no smoking signs for starboard side and Castaway Cay. If the smokers would just be considerate of us non smokers. I smoked 20 years ago and went out of my way to smoke away from people. Hope we have great weather. :cool1: :artist:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter