Feb 25, 2007-wonder

We're trying to decide between the dolphins or going to Atlantis. Any thoughts?

goiu said:
We're trying to decide between the dolphins or going to Atlantis. Any thoughts?

If you have never been to Atlantis - GO!! :thumbsup2 I have a few pics on my yahoo360 photo album.

When you get to the page, click on the Dec. 2005 album. Its not all the Atlantis pics I have but it can give you an idea. The aquarium is the coolest!

becca_n_wa said:
If you have never been to Atlantis - GO!! :thumbsup2 I have a few pics on my yahoo360 photo album.

When you get to the page, click on the Dec. 2005 album. Its not all the Atlantis pics I have but it can give you an idea. The aquarium is the coolest!

You're pictures look great! What excursion did you guys do?

Starting to get chilly in NY and windy here, one thing WNY does not need is wind, but we are prepared for another power outage. Me my DD and her friend are all doing the dolphin excursion. We are booking directly thru the company, since we all want to do the actual swim. They have told me they are not taking reservations yet til December. (like I need one more thing to wait for). Can't wait til we get to double digits in the countdown.

cf0423 said:
Starting to get chilly in NY and windy here, one thing WNY does not need is wind, but we are prepared for another power outage. Me my DD and her friend are all doing the dolphin excursion. We are booking directly thru the company, since we all want to do the actual swim. They have told me they are not taking reservations yet til December. (like I need one more thing to wait for). Can't wait til we get to double digits in the countdown.

No more power outs! :sad2:
As far as the double digits - soon girls - soon! Mid Nov.! :Pinkbounc

goiu said:
You're pictures look great! What excursion did you guys do?

I am so sorry. I had not looked at that album for awhile and did not realize I only had 15 in that album (Dec. 2005). I am going to add some pics of Atlantis for you later. Hopefully sometime today. I have to take my daughter's rabbit to school today - :teeth:- LOL dont ask why I signed up for that :confused3 Anyway, most of those pics u did see are of Atlantis and Paradise Island.

Those Dec. pics are from a Royal Car. trip. DH and I alone after 2nd tour of Iraq (boy did we need that trip ;)) Anyway, we had booked the excursion through RC. We didnt know we were allowed to go on our own. We are going again this time and doing it on our own not as an excursion.

becca_n_wa said:
I am so sorry. I had not looked at that album for awhile and did not realize I only had 15 in that album (Dec. 2005). I am going to add some pics of Atlantis for you later. Hopefully sometime today. I have to take my daughter's rabbit to school today - :teeth:- LOL dont ask why I signed up for that :confused3 Anyway, most of those pics u did see are of Atlantis and Paradise Island.

Those Dec. pics are from a Royal Car. trip. DH and I alone after 2nd tour of Iraq (boy did we need that trip ;)) Anyway, we had booked the excursion through RC. We didnt know we were allowed to go on our own. We are going again this time and doing it on our own not as an excursion.

Great! Thanks for adding pics! So, you suggest not doing an excursion? Can you use their beach without being on an excursion? Sorry for asking so many questions.

I put an album on there today that is called Atlantis and Paradise Island.

We only toured Atlantis, walked around the property, and toured the Dig.Then, we walked around the nice little shops and just enjoyed the view! :cloud9: We were there from around 10:00am until 5:00pm. We plan to do all this again on this trip. There is no way we could even have time to do the beach even if we wanted to. On this trip, we should get off the ship around 930ish and have to be back on early to get ready for main seating dinner.

There is an excursion that you can do through Disney where you can go to The Dig and the beach.
Or, if you just want to do a beach you can go to the beach at Paradise Island on your own.

The Dig is the aquarium (which is REALLY good) and you tour and see things "that are from Atlantis - the city under the sea". THey tell you the story of Atlantis. You see things like the submarine and diving suits and thier source of power, etc... so, you and the kids get to hear the legend. Its really neat. I can't imagion anyone not enjoying The Dig.

You can choose to do The Dig excursion through Disney.
If you choose to do it on your own, you just take a water taxi or taxi to Paradise Island, go to Atlantis and purchase tickets for the Dig.
Most of the pics I added to the album today are from Atlantis. The pics that show the yachts and shops are right there at Atlantis.

I plan to go back and add more pics soon (I hope this weekend). I plan to post some of the Zoo and Conservation Center and The Pirate Museum also. These are great places to take the kids!

sounds neat. :) I'd love to see the pirate museum pics. We really wanted to check that out. hehe...everything with excursions is just so up in the air until DH gets home, so right now, I'm wanting to do everything. LOL December he'll be home, and we can make a set plan.

Thanks and let us know when you put more pics up. :)

Ok,I confess :blush:its been a few mths since I had even looked at those albums. I had forgotten what pics the albums had in them. I have so many pics and so little time. :teeth:

There are 3 public albums now.
One is named April 2006, that one has some pics of the pirate museum pirate: and the zoo.

We are considering adding the land/sea package to this cruise. It is the same price if we drop down to a category 12. We are at a 6 right now. Any advice if we should do it or not. I'm thinking we could add the no expiration to the 7 day pass so we can use it when our daughter gets older. Me and hubby have no real desire to do Disney World by ourselves. So, we could just hang out at the hotels and go do other things. Any thoughts?

Lisa

If you do , check out the cost of the 10 day pass instead of the 7 day pass. When we looked into it it was only a little difference in price ( like $30.00 I'm thinking).

What if you didn't actually do a land and sea, and instead just booked out 2 or 3 nights separately at a Value Hotel? We are staying at Pop Century before our trip for $125 a night with AAA discount. Not to say there aren't any differences between a value and a moderate resort, but I'd rather be cheap at the hotel than give up a balcony!!!

I guess I actually advised you to spend more money! Oops... This is how I end up with 11 days of park hopper passes I guess!

Lisa,

I would say go for it! Life is too short to not do the things you really want to do - take the few extra days off and enjoy yourselves. You said you guys have a baby. She will grow up so fast! TOO FAST! princess:

If you are worried about the inside room and the balcony thing. DONT! We have had porthole rooms, and verandas, and my boys have even had an inside cabin before. When I asked the kids about this cruise they all said we dont care what type cabin we have - we only sleep there anyway!

Stinkerbell,

I am getting excited. They have released two Feb Disney Cruises for military discount. So, I am keeping watch for our cruise! Maybe we can get that discount. :thumbsup2

Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, we decided not to do the Disney World trip. It was going to be too long to leave our little baby. Thanks for all the advice, though.

We're getting pretty excited over here,, just received our Disney package today. This will seem weird but it feels similar to seeing an ultrasound picture when you're pregnant. Getting this from DCL makes it seem more real!!

Would like to introduce ourselves. We'll be on the 2/25/07 cruise- our first! It will be me, hubby and our 2 sons- 3 years old and 5 years old. Anyone else cruising with little ones? Mine are suspicious of the kids clubs amd I'd love to make some friends in advance!!

Welcome newcruzer!
I will add you to the cruise list (post#59). Check it out! :thumbsup2

Nancass,
Still waiting on my "packet". :guilty: think they are keeping it from me on purpose - shame on u Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter