Feb 2020 Thread

I’m considering a solo trip in February. My friend might come, but I’m a little worried she’ll get busy and have to cancel. DH and I are taking the girls in December, but it’s nigh on impossible to do any night life with my girls and I want to see Pandora at night. I’m a little chicken to travel alone, but also really excited to have some real free time after 10 years of child rearing.

I’m thinking about a value resort to save money since it has to come from my fun money. Has anyone really hated one or loved one?

@Ecomommy09 I have always loved Pop. We stay there more than anywhere else. It’s compact, so the main building and buses are never too far away, the bus system is the best on property, and it has a really good food court. Request building 4 with a lake view (standard view category) for the quiet and view.

I’m considering a solo trip in February. My friend might come, but I’m a little worried she’ll get busy and have to cancel. DH and I are taking the girls in December, but it’s nigh on impossible to do any night life with my girls and I want to see Pandora at night. I’m a little chicken to travel alone, but also really excited to have some real free time after 10 years of child rearing.

That sounds both exhilarating and terrifying. :) Think of all you could get done on a trip by yourself!

@Ecomommy09 I have always loved Pop. We stay there more than anywhere else. It’s compact, so the main building and buses are never too far away, the bus system is the best on property, and it has a really good food court. Request building 4 with a lake view (standard view category) for the quiet and view.
Thank you so much!

I will be there for Princess weekend (Feb 21-25) as I am running in the 10k, currently we are booked at SSR but when my 7 month window opens up, I am going to try and move to another resort.

Well, I did it. I ended up at Port Orleans Riverside 2/19-2/21. I feel so anxious! I can't believe I did it.

I've stayed solo 4 times at POFrench Quarter but have walked over to Riverside to eat, and it looks lovely and relaxing. :thumbsup2

I was anxious my first solo trip, but WDW is so much fun, and really makes it easy, with DME from/to the airport and all the internal transportation. Enjoy that free time!

Thank you.
I've stayed solo 4 times at POFrench Quarter but have walked over to Riverside to eat, and it looks lovely and relaxing. :thumbsup2

I was anxious my first solo trip, but WDW is so much fun, and really makes it easy, with DME from/to the airport and all the internal transportation. Enjoy that free time!
It’s so crazy to have so much guilt about leaving them all home alone, but I do! I had trouble sleeping feeling guilty about something that doesn’t even happen until next year 🙄. DH says I need some real downtime. He goes to car races and I keep them all the time. He says it’s my turn.

Booked at POP for 22-29 Feb! Bringing my Mother -in-Law, and she is so excited (we are always excited to go)!
Kind of worried about the Madi Gras crowds...this is my daughters Feb vacation week, so we don't have another option. My family can handle the crowd, but I just don't want the super crowds to affect my MiL.

We are going Jan 31 - Feb 8. Staying off-site at this awesome house I found for us. There will 6 maybe 7 of us. Myself, DH, DD10, DD8, my mom and dad and maybe brother. We are so excited! Told our girls this past weekend. It will be there 2nd trip to the world. First time was a surprise. We told them hours before we left. This time they get to help plan. They are already so excited!!

Talked my boyfriend into a vacation, heading south late January and planning on 4 days at WDW the first week of Feb. I personally cannot wait, it's my 10th time there but his first. Been watching all the YouTube videos I can to keep me entertained until I can experience the real thing! I'm super excited!!

We’re booked in a 1BR at AKL Kidani 2/18-2/24.
First trip for our youngest, who will be 2 1/2 then. She’s obsessed with Dumbo and elephants, can’t wait for her to go! 😁 Third trip for our older daughter who will be almost 10.

Also our first stay in a villa. We love AKL but switched to a villa at Kidani this time with two kids!

Just booked ASMovies for February 23-29. Not my ideal dates and I was hoping for 1 more night but better than nothing. Time to start 'hypothetical planning' with my kids so I can be ready for ADRs and FPs (eventually, with fingers crossed that they will still be free).

I'm staying at POP the last week of February. I wasn't aware it was going to be Mardi Gras week, but we don't really have a choice because my husband teaches and that's his spring break. My son has a different spring break, so he's going to be getting a lot of time off school, lol. Good thing it's only kindergarten. I'm worried about the crowds now, but hopefully it'll be okay. I'm not too concerned about trying to do everything, so we'll do what we can handle. If we get to quickly walk through Galaxy's Edge, that'll be enough of that area lol.

I'm staying at POP the last week of February. I wasn't aware it was going to be Mardi Gras week, but we don't really have a choice because my husband teaches and that's his spring break. My son has a different spring break, so he's going to be getting a lot of time off school, lol. Good thing it's only kindergarten. I'm worried about the crowds now, but hopefully it'll be okay. I'm not too concerned about trying to do everything, so we'll do what we can handle. If we get to quickly walk through Galaxy's Edge, that'll be enough of that area lol.

I'll be there at POP the same time, too. It is my daughters Feb break, no other choice for us. Good planning and use of FPs we will be fine with the crowds! They are a bit scary, though.

Just realized my 60 days is Christmas morning. My kids are 4, 8, and 11. Ugh.

Mine is Christmas Eve for this next trip. We went in Feb this year and out FP day was on Christmas morning...thankful for my amazing TA!

I'll be there at POP the same time, too. It is my daughters Feb break, no other choice for us. Good planning and use of FPs we will be fine with the crowds! They are a bit scary, though.

This is my first time since I was ten years old, but I've been researching a ton, so hopefully I'll be prepared. It's hard to be prepared for the crowds, though. We're not too interested in any of the most popular rides anyway, except those in Toy Story Land and Frozen Ever After. Those are the only things that my son knows about that he wants to go on, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter