• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb. 2008 6th-10th....need some answers

eagles1281

Die Hard Philly Phan
Hey there, looking to plan a trip for Feb. 6 to the 10th in '08.
Have some questions and would like some idea's.
Who has the cheapest theme park tix's?
And if I book now for our resort (all star) is it to early?
Also, is it nice down there in first week of Feb? Crowds?

Thanks
Any info would be great.

Well we have only been to WDW four times but the last three trips of been during the first week and a half of Feb.. So let me see if I can help a little bit.
The aren't any crowds usually. Now last year there was a home builders convention (the largest in the world they said) that was going on that week. However even with the convention we never had more than a ten minute wait for anything except one of our times on the EE at AK.
We always go with the park hopper pass and we always stay at POR. Every year I think we will stay some where else but we just really enjoy POR.
I believe you can book your rooms but I don't think packages are available yet.
Also might I firmly suggest the DDP! My dh and I love it. You eat very healthy and since tax and tip are included my dh really loves it. LOL
One thing is for sure is it disney so anything you do, anywhere you stay or whatever tickets you have you will have fun.

We usually go the first or second week in Feb. We have been there the past 3times during that time frame. It is usally great regarding the crowds! Usually during the second week the National Cheerleading Comps are going on. Plus, I am pretty sure Mardi Gras is earlier this year, but I cannot remember the exact date. I understand a lot of people from LA go during this time because of school breaks...I am sure someone else may know more about the date for Mardi Gras this year, and how it effects the crowds.

The weather is usally chilly in the mornings and evenings...But, the afternoons are usually very nice. We usually had weather between 65-80 degrees for the afternoons. But, you need to pack both cool weather clothes and warm weather clothes.

We generally love to go that time of year, but this coming year we will be going during the last week in Jan.

We usually get the Magic Your Way Package With the DDP, so I am not sure what your best bet would be for tickets.

Also, the 2008 package rates aren't out yet. They should be this month or next month. You can however book a room only through Disney directly, but it would be for this years rates. That is really only a good idea if you are worried about the room you want selling out. Otherwise you are probably better off waiting until the package rates come out for 2008.

We will also be at Disney during that time and would like any info. We'll be staying at Fort Wilderness. Thanks!!

My family goes twice a year once in Feb. and again in Sept.-Oct. and usually feb. is a good time to go if you can put up with thousands of mid teen cheerleading girls going crazy.The weather varies from the high fifties to the low eighties.The pools are heated so my son enjoys swimming even though it can be a challenge to get out in the nippy air.We never have to wait in line for more than 10 to 15 minutes for any of the rides.Just be prepared for the cheerleaders!pirate:

We have gone the past 3 years during that timeframe. Let me address your questions first.

Who has the cheapest theme park tix's?
Nobody really. (at least that I have found) I have searched high and low and found only a couple dollars savings at most.

And if I book now for our resort (all star) is it to early?
You can book room only now. That will at least guarntee you a room. When the packages come out you can just call and add on any options you want. Also keep in mind that the last two years they offered free dining at select value resorts during that time period.

Also, is it nice down there in first week of Feb? Crowds?
I guess it depends on what you consider nice. I am from Wisconsin so 60-70 degrees is great. We had a couple days during the past years where it hit 80 but I would count on mid 60's to low 70's. One disadvantage of going in Feb. is you have to pack for warm and cold weather. It is nice in the day but we wore hats and yes sometimes gloves. It was 38 degress a couple mornings. But it warms up quick. Crowds are very low and you can expect little wait time.

We have stayed at the CR for past three years and we wouldn't go any other time of year. We don't like hot weather and would prefer to avoid the crowds. Be sure to plan you days ahead of time because the parks are not open as late as they are during the busy times. Also some attractions/shows/parades are not open or are only open and done on certain days and times.

See you there. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter