Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I too was confused AGAIN. But by the end I think I pieced it together. She was keeping her family, as walkers, alive and corralled (like Hershel in the barn). Her son, Strand's boyfriend, was dying from something (I don't know what...and why he had a wound on his arm...if he got bit, how would Strand know? and Strand seemed to know he had to hurry to get to him before he died). The mama, Celia, wanted her son to come back as dead walking among them (she feels they aren't completely dead). Daniel seems to be aware of her religion or beliefs and is leery (the owl coin and that shrine with the owl in the tree). The parishioners knew she was keeping walkers and they wanted to go put them down so she poisoned them. Strand was kind to his boyfriend and seems to know they need to be put down so he didn't do what Celia wanted. Also didn't take the poison. He knows what needs to be done, I think.

What was Chris up to in Maddie and Alecia's room? I get he's lost his marbles and might be cra-cra...but was he really going to kill them? Maybe they can leave him there with Celia.

I think they knew she was keeping walkers on her property and they were preparing to go there to kill them.

Overall, I thought last night't episode was the best they have done so far.

I agree with you on both statements!

They were headed to kill the walkers she was keeping so she poisoned them. And I enjoyed last night's episode. Here's hoping next week's is really great since it is the mid-season finale and all...

I liked the show for the most part last night
You had to put some of the little things that were said together to link the clue of what would happen
When Abigail went to stop the parishioners, it all fit together for me that we would see more to the story line

Her son, Strand's boyfriend, was dying from something (I don't know what...and why he had a wound on his arm...if he got bit, how would Strand know? and Strand seemed to know he had to hurry to get to him before he died). QUOTE] My reply is in red.

Strand knew instantly when he saw Thomas that he wasn't going to make it because the wound on his arm had blood stains that were seeping through the bandage in the shape of a zombie bite. I think it was just coincidence that Strand showed up right after Thomas was bitten by walkers. Strand knew or suspected that something was wrong or had happened to Thomas when they first got to the church because Thomas' truck was there without Thomas -- it's the first thing that Strand runs to at the church. After that I think Strand just wanted to get to the compound to see IF something did happen to Thomas...and it did. Strand took one look at him and knew that he was too little, too late.

I guess that any season 2 of any Walking Dead show MUST have a farm. And the owner of the farm must keep walkers locked up and feed them out of sight

. Her son, Strand's boyfriend, was dying from something (I don't know what...and why he had a wound on his arm...if he got bit, how would Strand know? and Strand seemed to know he had to hurry to get to him before he died).
I think he was bit when he went to the church to stop them from coming to his house to kill the walkers. The bandage, on his right arm, had blood on it in the shape of a bite.

I think when our group got to the church and he saw his boyfriends truck there and couldn't find him, so when he got to his house, he was worried. I don't think he knew he got bit until he went in the room and saw it. Unless Celia told him first.

So, does this mean that Luis and Strand's boyfriend were brothers? Luis told them to give the owl coin to his mother. And what is the significance of the owl? Why did Daniel react that way to it? Does it have something to do with Santeria or something similar?

Chris is just useless. He needs to get bitten or something. I don't think things are going to go to well for him now that he has been found in Madison and Alicia's room with a knife in the middle of the night. Even if he didn't want to kill them, how else could they take it?

Chris is just useless. He needs to get bitten or something. I don't think things are going to go to well for him now that he has been found in Madison and Alicia's room with a knife in the middle of the night. Even if he didn't want to kill them, how else could they take it?

If he does go, we can only hope he takes Madison with him.

I don't think Luis and Thomas were brothers, that threw me a bit too. But now that I think about Thomas is not hispanic, so I think she somehow had just taken Thomas under her wing.
I too, didn't get the reaction of Daniel to the owl coin, seemed a reasonable request to give his last wished item to his mother, but maybe that will be explained?
He was quite on the ball, to figure out that Celia poisoned the people in the church.
I cannot stand Chris, I don't usually dislike characters as much (I love Carl :-) ) but I also don't think he picked up the knife to kill them. I'm not sure what the heck he picked it up for, but I think that was just done for the timing to make him look even worse than he already is. I don't think he would have called her name if he went in there to kill them. But again, if he gets bit, I will not be sad!

Was the priest Celias hubby?
Assuming the parish was Catholic (which is the predominant religion in Mexico) he would not be married.

I think Ceclia was the housekeeper who became a member of the family. She probably helped raise Thomas.

Because I liked this episode a bit better then the last few of this season I managed to watch the entire Talking Dead episode this time. In one of the segments they had an insight from Kim Dickens who plays Madison and it said something to the effect that she wanted to be the Rick Grimes of the group. I just shook my head and was like nope, please no.

The thing I want to know is how did Daniel know to stab in the head the two dead patrol men from the boat that boarded them in the beginning to keep them from turning? In the Walking Dead it took us until, I think, season 3 for them all to realize that it didn't matter if you were bitten or not everyone would still turn. Those men on the boat were not bitten, nor did Daniel have any reason to assume that since there were no walkers on the Abigail. I didn't think we had gone that far in the walker/zombie lore yet for him to know that.

Because I liked this episode a bit better then the last few of this season I managed to watch the entire Talking Dead episode this time. In one of the segments they had an insight from Kim Dickens who plays Madison and it said something to the effect that she wanted to be the Rick Grimes of the group. I just shook my head and was like nope, please no.

The thing I want to know is how did Daniel know to stab in the head the two dead patrol men from the boat that boarded them in the beginning to keep them from turning? In the Walking Dead it took us until, I think, season 3 for them all to realize that it didn't matter if you were bitten or not everyone would still turn. Those men on the boat were not bitten, nor did Daniel have any reason to assume that since there were no walkers on the Abigail. I didn't think we had gone that far in the walker/zombie lore yet for him to know that.

They already know that. What's her face, Travis dead ex wife, she learned that at the hospital and told Travis and Madison that, so I would guess they have told the others.

This was probably the best episode this season. Being Catholic I found it particularly disturbing lol. I will never be able to look at the communion wafer the same again lol

Thanks everyone for the explanation. I totally missed that the parishioners were going to kill the walkers in the cellar.

Thomas was not Celia's son, when she called him her son, Strand said he wasn't her son, which totally flipped her out. I'm thinking she was probably his nanny and loved him like a son.

I also don't get why Daniel threw the owl coin into the ocean, I agree it was a reasonable request to give it to his mother. Luis had done nothing to Daniel, at least that I remember, that would cause Daniel not to grant his dying wish.

It does seem Strand cared deeply for Thomas and it doesn't bother me that he didn't commit suicide to die alongside Thomas. I think he just told him that to bring him comfort.

OK, I had to go back and re-watch this episode last night because I didn't catch all the subtitles on Sunday night and I was totally confused. I agree that this has been one of the best episodes so far.
I did have one thing that bugged me though. Why was Thomas' truck still at the church? How did he get back to the house (if he was able to walk back, why didn't he just take his truck, LOL). Sorry, small detail but it bothered me ;)

I did some googling about Owl's in Mexican culture and found this:

"To this day there are still a number of people in small Mexican towns which fear the owl and genuinely believe the old superstitions which state that the owl is a symbol of death, sickness, and bad luck to those who are visited by one."

I have no idea if that is part of the significance of the owl coin/owl tree carving by the memorial, but I'm sure we will find out soon.

My take Celia is the Governor in Spanish. The cellar is the barn at Hershels. Nick is supposed to be Darryl. Chris is Carl. Madison is an annoying version on Andrea. So wash rinse repeat.

It's not really a prequel, per se. It is showing what is happening on the other side of the country. But it starts a bit earlier than The Walking Dead so it's a bit different. If you go into it expecting it to be another TWD, you'll be disappointed. If you can somewhat separate the 2 then you might see potential.

Okay, thank you very much. I might give it a try after all :)

Really this show makes no sense. It just doesn't wash for me at all. My DDs and I are always like 'huh?' as we're watching...trying to figure out WTH is going on.

I don't know how I felt about the finale last night. It felt like walking dead rip off. The hacienda is Herschels farm. Keeping the walkers, just like they did on WD. Then the fire, just like Herschels farm. I think Madison is Carol. Strand zooms up in the truck to whisk her off, just like Daryl did with Carol while the fire raged at the farm. Oh and the whole "talking to your dead wife's ghost" thing was done with Rick and Lori.

I thought it was interesting when Madison locked Celia in with the walkers. I guess she died and Daniel too? I hop Daniel did not die, he was my favorite character. Also, I am sick of seeing Nick covered in blood.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter