Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I am a fan of the show but even I have to say I was very disappointed with last night's show. For a mid season finale, I felt pretty let down. Even dh, who really likes the show even more than I do, was disappointed.

Locking Celia in was an interesting twist, I liked that. I have no idea if she was dead. I would think yes, but the fact that Daniel didn't see her when he went it, makes me think perhaps she isn't. I would assume Daniel is also, but who knows.
I think there must be something inside those walls that makes every one go crazy. Seriously, it seems once they got there, they went nuts. Celia is totally nuts, Chris went even more nuts, Daniel, Nick...Alicia was too busy primping to go nuts (she always looks like she belongs on the cover of a magazine).
Nick has been my favorite, and I have always complained Madison doesn't give him enough credit, but last night, he was just weird.
I really was hoping for Chris to bite it (which is awful to say of a kid) and then they made him even worse than he already was.
I also couldn't help but see the likeness to the farm, but I kept that quiet since dh and ds don't watch The Walking Dead and I am trying to keep most comparisons to myself.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I was satisfied with last night's episode. It was just the mid-season finale. We were left with some cliffhangers - not knowing where Celia is, whether Daniel is alive, what will happen to Nick/Travis/Chris, and where Strand/Madison/Ofelia/Alicia will go or if the boat will even still be there. Everything is in disarray at the present. For the entire season, the whole group was banking on setting up shop in Mexico. The goal was to get to Strand's safe place there. Now the place is literally up in flames and they don't have a back-up plan, so it will be interesting to see what they do next.

I am glad that Strand is now truly with them, and no longer has ulterior motives (which didn't turn out to be bad motives at all). I am sad they killed his Thomas. I would have like to have seen more of him.

I don't think Daniel died. He was not on the "In Memorium" section of TD. Although they may have just omitted him to be elusive since we did not get concrete evidence of his death. Hope he is alive. I really like him.

If he does go, we can only hope he takes Madison with him.
Well, he took his dad with him. I'm happy with that. :p Seriously, what the heck is wrong with that kid? Yeah, fine, having your dad kill your mom so she doesn't turn into a walker is gonna be tough on a boy, but dang. He is really losing it. Does he really think that wandering the Mexican countryside is safe? He is going to be someones dinner by the end of the week.

I have a strange feeling that won't be the last time we see either one of them. :rolleyes1

I really hope Daniel makes it out okay, but the fact that the was standing there, a ways off from the door with fire between his legs...........I don't think we are going to see him again and I am upset about it. He was about the only character that I liked. :sad1:

Have to wonder if Celia is dead also. Like someone mentioned up thread, I didn't see her in the group when Daniel went down there. I was looking for her also. Nor did I see her hiding off to the sides or sneaking out the door behind Daniels back. And why is it that the walkers seems to be all casual with people down there. When Celia went in and then with Daniel. They are all just sort of standing there, barely making a move towards them. Did Celia find some magical way to subdue them?

The Owl- all I have been able to figure on that is that Owls represent death or the dead in a lot of religions, including santaria.

So, who's left at this point? Strand, Madison, Ophelia and Alicia. You know, I used to wonder about Strand and didn't trust him. But now..........I really feel sorry for the guy. Alone on the yacht with those 3. Poor guy!!!:crazy2:

Nick has totally lost it. So, he is just going to live his life covered in blood and living amongst the dead? I think that heroin really fried his brain.

Not blown away or anything by this episode and really ticked that we now have to wait OVER 2 MONTHS for the next episode. :mad:

I think Celia went the way of Lori...completely eaten up.
I am not sure of Daniel's fate...hopefully we'll see him again. But he wanted to join his wife so probably not (unless someone yanked him from the fire).
Don't get the Chris stuff...doesn't make sense.
I get that Nick thinks he's one of 'them' (walker)...he feels kinship or whatever..he's been dead a long time or whatever. But he completely flipped gears in 24 hours. Which brings me to how fast this show moves story lines. Way too fast and it just doesn't jive for me.
And I don't really get Maddison just driving by Nick and leaving him. Why didn't she drive the truck and Strand could have jumped out and hauled his butt into the truck? How did they find they keys to the truck anyway? How did Travis get bloody feet? Why, if Maddison is supposed to be Carol or Rick, did she let everyone go completely off the rails while she just wandered around?? And I also was not believing how fast everything went up in flames. Whole show just isn't working.AT.ALL.

Last edited:
I think Celia went the way of Lori...completely eaten up.
I am not sure of Daniel's fate...hopefully we'll see him again. But he wanted to join his wife so probably not (unless someone yanked him from the fire).
Don't get the Chris stuff...doesn't make sense.
I get that Nick thinks he's one of 'them' (walker)...he feels kinship or whatever..he's been dead a long time or whatever. But he completely flipped gears in 24 hours. Which brings me to how fast this show moves story lines. Way too fast and it just doesn't jive for me.
And I don't really get Maddison just driving by Nick and leaving him. Why didn't she drive the truck and Strand could have jumped out and hauled his butt into the truck? How did they find they keys to the truck anyway? How did Travis get bloody feet? Why, if Maddison is supposed to be Carol or Rick, did she let everyone go completely off the rails why she just wandered around?? And I also was not believing how fast everything went up in flames. Whole show just isn't working.AT.ALL.

I think Celia is dead, she was on the In Memorium section of TD. Daniel was not.

I thi Why didn't she drive the truck and Strand could have jumped out and hauled his butt into the truck? How did they find they keys to the truck anyway? How did Travis get bloody feet? Why, if Maddison is supposed to be Carol or Rick, did she let everyone go completely off the rails why she just wandered around?? And I also was not believing how fast everything went up in flames. Whole show just isn't working.AT.ALL.
I'm guessing that the keys may have already been in the truck. Someone left them there.
Travis has bloody feet because he took off out of the house with no shoes on, just socks. Then he is walking around in that terrain for apparently hours, and they got all cut up.
I don't think Madison is supposed to be Carol or Rick. I think just the viewers are placing that on her. I don't see her as the being in charge type. I don't think she can handle it.
I agree, that place went up with like a tinder box. Yes, Daniel poured gasoline in the wine cellar, but I don't believe he did anywhere else. So, how did that whole place go up in less than 5 minutes?
I think Celia is dead, she was on the In Memorium section of TD. Daniel was not.
I didn't watch Talking Dead, so that is good to know. In light of that, I hope we see him in August!!

I am guessing Daniel poured gas where he was being held, before he went to where the walkers were, so that would explain why that was on fire too. Not to mention it's very dry there, things probably go up easy. It's possible he poured gas around the main house too, and we just didn't see it.

And I agree, Travis feet were cut up because he was walking in that rough desert terrain with no shoes. And I also agree, the keys were probably in the truck, I don't think those people probably have a lot of fear that someone will steal the vehicles out of the compound.

I see lots of character comparisons to TWD characters, have the writers said that the characters are supposed to align? I never thought of the characters in a paralleled way, only that this was their situation on the west coast with TWD group being the east coast view point. I find these characters pretty interesting so far, but I do agree that they switch gears sometimes without much foreshadowing. Specifically, Chris and Nick. I'm not sure when Chris felt like he was bad and not accepted by Madison and Alicia, or when Nick started feeling sorry for the zombies and was willing to leave his family behind because of it.

i read the spoiler sites so won't add anything to this discussion now.
don't want to have peeps throw stones at me for telling the answers to your thoughts you posed.

but, it all made sense to me once i put the last show and information i read together.

to me, it was a decent episode now that i know all the background from what i have read on other sites.

I see lots of character comparisons to TWD characters, have the writers said that the characters are supposed to align? I never thought of the characters in a paralleled way, only that this was their situation on the west coast with TWD group being the east coast view point. I find these characters pretty interesting so far, but I do agree that they switch gears sometimes without much foreshadowing. Specifically, Chris and Nick. I'm not sure when Chris felt like he was bad and not accepted by Madison and Alicia, or when Nick started feeling sorry for the zombies and was willing to leave his family behind because of it.

No, they are not supposed to, but there are many many similarities in characters and story lines. It's like a walking dead re-boot almost.

i read the spoiler sites so won't add anything to this discussion now.
don't want to have peeps throw stones at me for telling the answers to your thoughts you posed.

but, it all made sense to me once i put the last show and information i read together.

to me, it was a decent episode now that i know all the background from what i have read on other sites.
We shouldn't have to read spoiler threads or watch TD to get the big picture. The show writers have failed.

I agree that we seemed to have taken a step backwards again :( This is way too much like TWD, only even faster. At least they stayed in one place for entire seasons on TWD. We only got 1 1/2 episodes out of the winery before it went the way of Hershal's farm. The story lines are way too similar (walkers locked up, farm going up in flames, man hearing dead wife's voice, kids taking off, etc). I'm guessing there has to be a lot of flashbacks in the second half of the season to explain what the heck is going on with these people and how they all went so crazy, so fast.

The other thing that confused me was Daniels wife stepped out from behind all the walkers when Daniel went into the locked caged area where Celia was. His wife smiled at him and said, "I knew you would find me." and he said something like, "Did you have any doubt?" What the heck did that mean? She was not one of the walkers in the cage because she died back in the hospital.

Not a great episode, but I really loved the part between Daniel and his wife when she tells him he is in fact the first victim. I think that gave him the peace he was so seeking, just wonder if he will turn up alive when the season returns as he's my favorite character. I also found it odd Celia was not shown as a walker.

I actually liked the last two episodes even though there are still some leaps in logic. I guess that I'm getting used to them. ;)

I'm glad that Strand is sticking around and hopefully Nick gets his act together. I took a closer look at the rest of the characters and I really don't mind any of them except Madison. She is always so hard and completely not likeable.

As for the truck, I think that the keys were left in it. I seem to remember that.

The other thing that confused me was Daniels wife stepped out from behind all the walkers when Daniel went into the locked caged area where Celia was. His wife smiled at him and said, "I knew you would find me." and he said something like, "Did you have any doubt?" What the heck did that mean? She was not one of the walkers in the cage because she died back in the hospital.

In the scene prior to that, his wife said something along the lines of not burying her. As in, he left her behind. With them being religious, I think it's a big deal to not bury your dead. I don't fully understand either how that translates to her being put to rest by Daniel torching the caged walkers - maybe him putting the caged walkers to rest is symbolic of him doing the same for his wife, since he can't go back for his wife.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter