Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I've decided to let the episodes stack up in my DVR and binge when it goes on a hiatus in the Summer. Maybe watching it in this format will help! LOL!

@declansdad I'm hoping at some point it will turn a corner. I will give it this season and then dump it if it doesn't improve.

Thoughts on last night's show?

I think I need to rewatch it. I was tired...it's kinda fuzzy to me right now.

Sawyer was so hot. I'm hoping Josh Holloway's new show, Colony, comes back. I can watch him in anything lol.
He is hot but whatever show he was on with Lori from Walking Dead, was it Colony?, that was terrible (way worse than Fear TWD). I watched half an episode and called it quits. Sadly.

Thoughts on last night's show?

I think I need to rewatch it. I was tired...it's kinda fuzzy to me right now.
Very disjointed and confusing but opening up a better storyline, IMO. Didn't know what was going on...had to watch to the end to go 'ah ha, I get it'. Still lots of dumb stuff like Daniel wriggling his wrist ties for half an hour. And I, personally, am not a fan of all the love stories this show seems to be focused on. But it seems to be getting interesting, hopefully...we'll see.

How does it compare to the "normal" series? Is it more interesting? I heard it is some kind of prequel to it?

How does it compare to the "normal" series? Is it more interesting? I heard it is some kind of prequel to it?

It's not really a prequel, per se. It is showing what is happening on the other side of the country. But it starts a bit earlier than The Walking Dead so it's a bit different. If you go into it expecting it to be another TWD, you'll be disappointed. If you can somewhat separate the 2 then you might see potential.

Very disjointed and confusing but opening up a better storyline, IMO. Didn't know what was going on...had to watch to the end to go 'ah ha, I get it'. Still lots of dumb stuff like Daniel wriggling his wrist ties for half an hour. And I, personally, am not a fan of all the love stories this show seems to be focused on. But it seems to be getting interesting, hopefully...we'll see.

Okay, that explains a lot. I felt a little lost but I was super tired so I thought it was just me. I think I just need to rewatch it lol.

Yeah, I was a little confused. The Strand backstory? Can someone summarize it? All I got was that he stole money from someone (who?) and that he is gay. I liked the episode, but was a little confused. I was reading an e-mail so I missed some of the backstory.

Yeah, I was a little confused. The Strand backstory? Can someone summarize it? All I got was that he stole money from someone (who?) and that he is gay. I liked the episode, but was a little confused. I was reading an e-mail so I missed some of the backstory.

And, see, I wasn't even 100% if he was gay or pulling a scam...

So he met that guy, Abigail is his last name, and he stole his credit cards and used them. But Abigail liked him so forgave him and a relationship began as well as some sort of business dealings. Seems the Abigail guy really adores Strand but we can't be sure of Strand's motives. At any rate, he is trying to get back into Mexico to Abigail's home there. He had a guy, that guy that Nick went to get...the guy who didn't want his car messed up (Louis??), that is to take them into Mexico. They are at the border. The helicopters at the beginning are Mexican and keeping Americans out (as if the ZA isn't in Mexico and as if anyone would be worried about maintaining the border in the ZA...so kinda dumb). So Strand sent Nick in to get the Louise guy. Nick has learned that covering himself in walker guts/gore makes him blend in with them...and he kinda likes it since it is similar to the lifestyle he was living pre-ZA (drug addict). He sees himself in the walkers (hence his looking them right in the eye like). This is Nick's world while his family are struggling to gain footing.

Meanwhile, back on the yacht...
The guy that dumbo Alicia was talking to on the radio showed up with a pregnant lady and another bad guy. They pretended that preggers was in trouble by her having a cut on her thighs that bled down her legs to look like pregnancy trouble. They brought them aboard naively and chaos ensued. Madison got her head slammed by preggers chick. Others got tied up. Daniel was trying to get untied while Madison was running her mouth at preggers chick trying to keep her attention. Strand saw what was happening and went for his machine gun but Daniel had taken the ammo clip out of it, unbeknownst to Strand, so Strand said 'eff this' and jumped in kodiak boat to escape. Bad guys saw and shot at him, popping boat.

Meanwhile Alicia is making goo goo over the fella...is she playing him? I think so. She agrees to go with him.
The dad (Travis) is hot wiring the boat because Strand has the keys. He gets it started as new bad guys show up.

And Nick is on way back to boat with Louise fella.

New bad guys show up, including their leader but he's nicer than the ones there. He brings couple other bad guys/gals. He agrees to take Alicia and the dad (Travis) and they jump in little boat and leave all the others with 2 new bad guys/gals and the one really jerky guy from the original 3. We can assume they were going to assassinate them. But Nick and Louise show up and see the 2 bad folks on deck and they shoot them. Finally Daniel is free and he attacks the one bad guy inside the boat. They run some rod through him and Chris wants to kill him but they stop him. They keep him captive. Louise asks where Strand is and they tell him he was in kodiak that got shot up. So Madison goes out (on her own????) to rescue Strand who is close to dying in the cold water (border of Mexico, is the water that cold?).

Last edited:
So he met that guy, Abigail is his last name, and he stole his credit cards and used them. But Abigail liked him so forgave him and a relationship began as well as some sort of business dealings. Seems the Abigail guy really adores Strand but we can't be sure of Strand's motives. At any rate, he is trying to get back into Mexico to Abigail's home there. He had a guy, that guy that Nick went to get...the guy who didn't want his car messed up (Louis??), that is to take them into Mexico. They are at the border. The helicopters at the beginning are Mexican and keeping Americans out (as if the ZA isn't in Mexico and as if anyone would be worried about maintaining the border in the ZA...so kinda dumb). So Strand sent Nick in to get the Louise guy. Nick has learned that covering himself in walker guts/gore makes him blend in with them...and he kinda likes it since it is similar to the lifestyle he was living pre-ZA (drug addict). He sees himself in the walkers (hence his looking them right in the eye like). This is Nick's world while his family are struggling to gain footing.

Meanwhile, back on the yacht...
The guy that dumbo Alicia was talking to on the radio showed up with a pregnant lady and another bad guy. They pretended that preggers was in trouble by her having a cut on her thighs that bled down her legs to look like pregnancy trouble. They brought them aboard naively and chaos ensued. Madison got her head slammed by preggers chick. Others got tied up. Daniel was trying to get untied while Madison was running her mouth at preggers chick trying to keep her attention. Strand saw what was happening and went for his machine gun but Daniel had taken the ammo clip out of it, unbeknownst to Strand, so Strand said 'eff this' and jumped in kodiak boat to escape. Bad guys saw and shot at him, popping boat.

Meanwhile Alicia is making goo goo over the fella...is she playing him? I think so. She agrees to go with him.
The dad (Travis) is hot wiring the boat because Strand has the keys. He gets it started as new bad guys show up.

And Nick is on way back to boat with Louise fella.

New bad guys show up, including their leader but he's nicer than the ones there. He brings couple other bad guys/gals. He agrees to take Alicia and the dad (Travis) and they jump in little boat and leave all the others with 2 new bad guys/gals and the one really jerky guy from the original 3. We can assume they were going to assassinate them. But Nick and Louise show up and see the 2 bad folks on deck and they shoot them. Finally Daniel is free and he attacks the one bad guy inside the boat. They run some rod through him and Chris wants to kill him but they stop him. They keep him captive. Louise asks where Strand is and they tell him he was in kodiak that got shot up. So Madison goes out (on her own????) to rescue Strand who is close to dying in the cold water (border of Mexico, is the water that cold?).

Thanks that helps!

I had to watch it all and then watch the Talking Dead to kinda get a clear picture. It was so confusing how they showed everything.

The whole thing now feels like the writers are playing that game where they take turns telling the story, and the next person has to pick up from where the previous person left off. It just isn't coming together for me.

Lalala not reading!!! LOL! We shut out tv off and figured we'd watch day after on Hulu like last year. WRONG! It's not on Hulu this year? Does anyone know what's the story with that? If you know, please quote me in your reply as I don't really want to scroll through posts in case I read them. Thanks!

Our Sundays lately are a mess, so we are always late in watching. I agree it was kinda confusing, but I actually liked all the pieces when they finally fell into place. I really want to believe that Strand adores Abigail right back. I have to say, I did not see that part of the story coming.
Alicia is definitely playing that guy Jack. But I still think she is naive, because I think she thinks by playing him, he will turn into a good person.
And no one has mentioned the most important part of the entire episode... NICK CHANGED HIS CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lalala not reading!!! LOL! We shut out tv off and figured we'd watch day after on Hulu like last year. WRONG! It's not on Hulu this year? Does anyone know what's the story with that? If you know, please quote me in your reply as I don't really want to scroll through posts in case I read them. Thanks!

Hulu only aired FTWD after the entire season was over on AMC and that was months after it finished airing. I was actually surprised that Hulu was going to carry it at all as I haven't seen other programming from AMC on there. They'll probably air season 2 months after it is finished airing. So you'll just have to wait I guess...:rolleyes:

Well that sucks. There is other shows on there, Turn for example. I could swear we watched it the day after it aired last year.

Wow, epic-ally stupid episode. So badly written and directed. I complained to my DDs-17 (who I watch this and TWD with) and they were like 'shush, we LOVE this show and so do all the kids at school'. I was shocked. I told my DDs that I didn't get it because everyone on the forums (I am on 2 about this show) seem to think this show sucks. They said young folks like it because of all the young cast members on the show. Their fave being Alecia. So strange. Anyway, tonight sucked big time. I can't really stand to watch anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter