FEA and wet pants....

I've gotten damp on FEA both times I've ridden it.

The absolute worst experience with getting wet unexpectedly (that makes me crack up to think about) was when I was doing my college program and I was on a tour as part of training. We were riding Pirates (I worked in Adventureland) and one of the girls in my training group got absolutely SOAKED, completely drenched unexpectedly (I have never even gotten damp on Pirates). The worst part was that she was wearing a crisp, neat business casual white blouse....very funny!

I've gotten damp on FEA both times I've ridden it.

The absolute worst experience with getting wet unexpectedly (that makes me crack up to think about) was when I was doing my college program and I was on a tour as part of training. We were riding Pirates (I worked in Adventureland) and one of the girls in my training group got absolutely SOAKED, completely drenched unexpectedly (I have never even gotten damp on Pirates). The worst part was that she was wearing a crisp, neat business casual white blouse....very funny!

I've seen the seats on Pirates very wet on more than one occasion. I've never gotten wet (other than from the seat), but based on how wet the seats were it must happen on some rides.

We were assigned the front row and when we were getting on we noticed the seat was wet. It made the ride unpleasant and made for a crappy ride photo. Maybe when the wait times come down I will ride it again but until then - pass.

I've seen the seats on Pirates very wet on more than one occasion. I've never gotten wet (other than from the seat), but based on how wet the seats were it must happen on some rides.

The most wet I've ever gotten on any ride at Disney (including FEA and Splash, I have not ridden Kali) was on Pirates in the front row. I was on the right side and I got absolutely drenched, it was completely unexpected.

I've ridden FEA twice. The first time, I was in the 3rd row on the left side with two of us in the seat, and just got a little sprinkled. I remember being surprised because I'd never gotten wet at all on Maelstrom. The second time, I was in the second row on the left side with three of us in the row, and my left side got soaked to the point that I was dripping. I happened to be wearing jeans that day and ended up walking around with a wet left leg and butt for a couple hours.

It seems to be luck of the draw. I do remember commenting as we got in the boat on my second ride that they really stuffed a lot of people on the boat, so maybe that makes a difference.

I rode Frozen for the 1st time and got my backside very wet. I was 3rd row LT side, it was cold and made for an uncomfortable rest of the night.

I had not gotten wet on Malestrom in the past and obviously did not read the reviews enough, so I was very surprised.

I will have a poncho around my butt next time!

I've gotten really wet the past few times on FEA. I don't know if it's been bad luck or they changed something.

I don't mind getting splashed a little, but what I really hate is sitting on a wet seat. I hate when the entire bench seat is wet and you are forced to just sit on the water. I may bring a plastic bag next time to pull out of my bag and sit on if the seat is wet.

I think how wet you get depends on the weight distribution of the boat.

Rode FEA for the first time this past Sat. Front row. SOAKED our backsides immediately. Very uncomfortable. It's a one & done for us because of this.

It's interesting to me that people are referring to this as a "water ride." To me, just because a ride takes place ON the water doesn't make it a water ride. To me, a water ride is something like Splash where the water is actually a feature of the attraction by design. As in, water things shooting at you on purpose because it goes along with the theming and enhances the ride. Getting wet on rides like Frozen or Pirates is just an annoyance.

I don't mind getting splashed a little, but what I really hate is sitting on a wet seat. I hate when the entire bench seat is wet and you are forced to just sit on the water. I may bring a plastic bag next time to pull out of my bag and sit on if the seat is wet.

I think how wet you get depends on the weight distribution of the boat.
Exactly. I don't mind getting a little splashed. On POTC I got a mouth full of water in the cannonball area and I was OK with that. What bothered me was that it wasn't a splash, it was a surge of water over the side. I should have been warned by the fact that the seat was damp when we got in, but in many rides on Maelstrom I never had that happen.

When we rode FEA September 2016, I didn't get wet at all.
November 2017, somehow a wave came over the side, soaked my lap and I was sitting in a puddle. Somehow my DH who was sitting next to me got nothing. Oh, well, it dried!

Rode first row on Thursday. Seat was wet, but we just got a tiny splash.

I’m not sure if it’s common since I’ve only ridden FEA a couple times, but I’ve seen CMs tell people to take their ponchos off for it
I saw that on another thread. Also that the ride is faster, causing the splashing? We always try to wear clothing that dries quickly, so it shouldn't really be a problem. (Though the shopping bag idea is not bad, either!)

yes the front seat is the worse, when we got in the seat it was soaked and when we went through the ride we got soaked, I will admit I don't remember that about Maelstrom and I loved that ride... Its all good next time Ill just try to NOT sit in the front lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter