Favorite restaurant or bar that is gone.

Aw, the Empress Lily Character breakfast.:( It was so pretty on the boat, and they'd give the kids either a certificate or a felt pennant to remember it by.

Bonfamilies had the best salad dressing. I have the recipe somewhere. I never made it because it makes about 10,000 gallons.;)

And Minnie Menehune :( :( :( . We just were looking at some pictures from there.

Does anyone remember the salmon dish from when Chef Mickey's was Downtown? It was outstanding.

I could be wrong, but I think Chef Mickey's was in Downtown Disney until around the early 90's.

Maybe someone else knows for sure.....

The did a major renovation of the Marketplace around '93 or '94 and that is when it was taken out. At least that's what I remember.

Hey did any of you ever have one of those Pleasure Island Iced Teas. Those things were great. I tried several times to replicate it at home, but with no success. When I went back one year, no one knew what I was talking about. Like it never existed. I finally talked to a bartender who had been there awhile and he said that they just got rid of it.:(

I realize that change is good...healthy and progressive.However, I must admit that by nature we, DH, DD, and I, are creatures of habit. We greatly miss the marvel of Tony's sit-down, quiet breakfast of fabulous foods. The loss of Chef Jason, at CSR's Maya Grill, has caused us frowns in the food-planning stage of our upcoming trip. There is something to be said for traditions!

Man there was nothing nicer than nursing a hangover from Pleasure Island on the patio of Tony's Town Square. Some OJ, a cup of coffee and Italian Toast.

Now I can go hit Space Mountain!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

I loved the Fireworks Factory! They had "the best damn meatloaf" I have ever had!

When at a convention in '92 we took friends of ours there. I had been bragging about the meatloaf and it got dubbed "the best damn meatloaf."

They even called over the manager to tell him of my love for the dish.

The following year, in '93 we were back for another meeting and of course had to get the meatloaf again... and what would you know... the manager remember us! When we called him over to our table he couldn't believe that "the best damn meatloaf" guy was back!

I only had dinner at Ariel's once too, but I REALLY enjoyed it and was so disappointed when it closed. It was a very memorable meal for me too!

I miss the Fireworks Factory at P.I.!!! It had the best food, best drinks, best atmosphere...... :(

I remember a place in the magic kingdom eating as a kid, cannot recall for sure the name, it was sponsored by Oscar Meyer and had Chef Oscar.
Anyone remember this? it was one of my dad's favorite places to eat.

Seasons at DI.Some of Disney's better Chefs tested their recipes there on occasion.
Hope they keep Reflections and The Gathering Place open at DI when the DVC opens.

Bonfamilles. We could always get a blackened steak done perfect there even when not on the menu. Someone else already mentioned the salad dressing.

Reflections and the gathering Place--haven't heard anything about either. Are they lounge-type spots at DI? And do I miss Seasons!! Remember when they first opened , when they had various "nights"--Northwest Nite, New Orleans nite,, etc. Food served "Family Style", but on lazy susans at the table. Whirl that around and sample everything!!

Originally posted by cinmell
How long ago was Chef Mickey's in Downtown?

I know it was there until at least the end of April 1994. DH and I were on our honeymoon then and that is where we had our first dinner at WDW. That would of been April 25, 1994 to be exact.

Not a restaurant, but I miss the chicken satay that they used to serve at Chakranadi Chicken Shop at Animal Kingdom. That stuff was soooo good. My boyfriend and I would lick the sauce off the wrappers! :rolleyes: Now they serve plain chicken, yuck. :(

"Wake up moose!" I loved that character breakfast, with all the kazoos. We went twice-1987, 1992. Yes, I feel old! Last night we were talking about our upcoming trip that we're taking to celebrate DS's graduating from college. He wanted to know if we were going to that one! I also miss the buffet brunch at the Contemporary top floor. And I liked Crystal Palace when it was cafeteria style, but without characters.

Reflections and the gathering Place--haven't heard anything about either. Are they lounge-type spots at DI?
Uncleromulus The Gathering Place is the lounge outside Seasons which they renamed and renovated when Seasons shut down.They also had some of the best burgers around property and was great for R and R.

Reflections was just the coffee house(located in the bungalow area) which also served some mean $5.00 milkshakes and snacks. LOL
It was also the 1st time we were introduced to the "Depthcharge"
(strong coffee with a shot of espresso thrown in)

I forgot all about the Fireworks Factory until you mentioned it! We ate there a few times and we liked it.

Yes, I really wish they hadn't done away with The Fireworks Factory.
And, how about the men's bathroom?
laugh1blue.gif

Chazamore, I'm from Pa also. We'll be in wdw the same time you are!! 8-24 for us! can't wait. I also miss the Pueblo room and the Gulf coast room in the Contemporary and the Empress Lily in DD. Old FW was awesome! Also miss 20,000 leagues under the sea (sorry i know it's an attraction)
Bye

I am still upset about Tony's not serving breakfast. It has been a tradition for us to go there every day that we go to the MK. :(

I too enjoyed Melvin the Moose breakfast at Fort Wilderness. That was the last thing that we did before we left. Everything packed and checked out, go to breakfast and leave after meal. The kids loved it and it was something special for the kids to remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter