Favorite restaurant or bar that is gone.

Originally posted by swankybeth
Not a restaurant, but I miss the chicken satay that they used to serve at Chakranadi Chicken Shop at Animal Kingdom. That stuff was soooo good. My boyfriend and I would lick the sauce off the wrappers! :rolleyes: Now they serve plain chicken, yuck. :(

No more chicken satay!!!??? I am heartbroken. :(

I think Tony's not serving breakfast is still the worst for me too.

That Italian toast and an OJ were a great start to the day.

Definitely the Catwalk Bar! I can't believe they let Playhouse Disney take over our favorite hideaway! I think they should have put Playhouse Disney over where they put the ABC advertisement, and left well enough alone with the Catwalk Bar, and the restaurant that used to be below!!!

I miss the Character Breakfast at the Garden Grille in Epcot and the Jolly Holidays Dinner Show:(

Yep, another vote for missing the Fireworks Factory.

Mmmmmmmmm the smoked shrimp......

mmmmmmmmmmmmm the onion rings.......

MMMMMMM!!! cornbread........

Loved the atmosphere there too!

Our all time favorite breakfast is the Crystal Palace and we are so disappointed that it is being refurbished during our stay. :( :( :( :( But that just means that we have to go next year to eat :D :D :D

Rosie's Red Hots (The BEST Hot Dogs), Sunday Brunch at the Top of World, Glad to hear about the Catwalk will check that out.

The Catwalk is located above the Disney Playhouse area. You can access it through the Brown Derby area, staircase & elevator.

I miss Tangaroa Terrace at the Poly! We ate breakfast there many times and it was great........a big buffet or off the menu.....you could also order the famous Tonga Toast....and my personal favorite, the waffle station staffed by a chef making hot, fresh Mickey waffles with different toppings.
I think this restaurant is only open for special functions now.

Debbie

Empress Lily Riverboat!

Why would they get rid of that?

It was great! I have such fond memories of the ole Empress. I have never stepped foot into whatever it is now. Took a look at the menu, and decided nothing could compare to the Empress Lily.

:( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :confused:

Hi Guys:

Wow, the Gulf Coast Room!! Does anyone remember how they used to have a book of matches with your name engraved in the cover when you arrived at the restaurant? There was also a violinist that roved around the dining room and played the Disney Classic tunes. This was circa 1979 - 1981 as I recall.

The Empress Room at the Empress Lilly had the best Lobster Thermadore I have ever had. There was a beautiful chandelier and a vaulted ceiling with gold leaf covering in the center of the dining room. Lots of tableside service also, I recall cherries jubilee to be exact. I was only 20-22 years old when we ate there but both of these dining venues were heads above anything at WDW now. V & A's comes the closest but formal dining has sort of gone by the wayside.

Thanks for the memories!
Later, Sherree

my wife and i had a great meal at ariel's, one of the best tuna steaks i ever had. a nice smallish sit down restaurant, with a really nice aquarium.

I went to Fulton's after they changed it and it just was not the same. I think there is (or was) an independent restaurant group that operates Fulton's and a couple of other Downtown Disney restaurants.

It still is owned by Levy Bros.Restaurant Group which also operates PYC next door.They do quite a bit of food service at Race Tracks and Ballparks across the country.

That's what I thought, I just couldn't remember the name. They used to operate The Fireworks Factory also.

It's been a few years since I have been to the property. Does anyone know what has happened to the Fireworks Factory/Wildhorse Saloon area?

We loved the fireworks factory. My dad would get the biggest kick out of the men's room. The bar has a one way mirror. When you go into the men's room, it appears as tho everyone at the bar is watching you. One of my favorites is the grilled veg. sandwich in the village at the seafood place on the lake. Can't remember the name for the life of me, but that sandwich is to die for.

Thanks for Catwalk Bar info. I posted a new thread on this board and said I was surprised it was totally closed.
Ariel's was a fantastic restaurant--truly a special experience. White-glove service combined with innovative cuisine (don't even ASK about the desserts) made for one happy diner! Can't they bring it back?? Oh pleeeeaaassseee??
--Wilma :( the unhappy dreamer

Forgot to add Bonfamilias. The Oysters appetizer on a bed of dry ice (has anyone had that there?) was fantastic. We went back twice--and we were staying at Disney's Vacation Club at the time (now OKW). Add a bottle or two of Blackened Dixie Voodoo Lager (is that what it's called??) and you've got it made. Oh the memories are killing me...:p :p
--Wilma (are you listening Disney?):confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter