Favorite Resorts

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I see many people claiming to have a "favorite" WDW resort. But I'm wondering. If you have a favorite, how many other WDW resorts have you tried?

I see so many people who claim to have a "favorite" but have only stayed at one resort. This makes me wonder what basis of comparision they have.

In the past five years I've stayed at the GF, AKL, BWV, BWI, BC, Sports, and POFQ. I'd actually have a hard time deciding on a favorite, probably one of the BW's or AKL.

Anne

I have stayed at FW, Poly, BC, CSR, POR, Swan, Dolphin, GF and AKL. I can't pick one favorite!! Overall, I like AKL, GF and CSR the best. My DH's favorites are AKL and Poly. Kids favorites are CSR, AKL and BC.

I have stayed at YC/BC, AKL, GF, PO, AS (all except Music), CBR, CS, OKW and FW.

My two favs are OKW and AKL. My least fav was GF. (I must have caught them on a bad day, but I had lousy service and for that much money I want service!)

You make a valid point ducklite. But...I only provide feedback and information on the resort I love. Just because I haven't tried other WDW moderate resorts doesn't mean that the info provided isn't valid. It is just that, info. The guest has the final say in which resort they choose.

I think it goes overboard when guests spend more time bashing other resorts rather than telling us the good about the one the love.

Also, I am sure I would love the GF or AKL, but I just can't see spending that kind of money to sleep.

I'm with you, Buzz....

It doesn't matter where you've stayed or how long you've stayed there... a favorite can be made just based on theming that you enjoy. Obviously everyone is going to have their own opinion, and that opinion is just as valid for the person who stays at AsMo as it is for the person who stays at GF concierge!

IMHO, of course!!!!

:) Erin

I agree. Everyone bases what might be their favorite based on their own experiences and what they like. I do see that alot on here it seems. Too many people worried about other peoples opinions and how they came up with those opinions. Ill never understand why its so hard to realize that not everyone thinks like you might think or that god forbid, they might even have different tastes than you might have. Oh well, wilderness lodge, here I come!!

We've stayed at OKW, Contemp, FtWCabin, BC, CBR, CS, AS and have reasons why we like all of them, and why some of them are chosen again and again over the others. We will be doing WL in May, so looking forward to falling in love with another resort!

We have stayed at the Boardwalk Villas, WL and GF. I liked them all but I think I actually liked the WL over the GF a little. I love the villas.

We are trying the BWInn and Beach Clubs this year.

Here is a list of the WDW Resorts that I have stayed at, starting with favorite to least favorite:

1) WL (13 x's)
2) GF ( 8 x's)
3) AKL ( 2 x's)
4) BWI( once)
5) DL (once)
6) Poly (once)

So far have stayed at CBR,ASMusic,Dolphin, and the Poly. At this time I like both the Dolphin and the Poly alot. On our trip in June we are going to stay at the Swan and WL. I hope to try all the resorts during my life time. At this time the Dolphin is a big hit with my family, but it could be the discount.:D

I have stayed at CBR, PO-RS, PO-FQ, Contemporary (both garden wings and tower), Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, All Star Music and All Star Movies. I have visited every resort except the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think visiting a resort gives you somewhat of an idea of whether or not you would like to stay there.

Favorite Value Resort- All Star Movies. Why: very affordable for a middle(low middle) income couple, makes multiple trips each year to WDW possible, room size is just fine for a couple, food court has great selection and quaility, love Disney movies so theming is great fun.

Favorite Moderate Resort- Caribbean Beach Resort. Why: white sand beaches, tropical colors, hammocks, nice large room size, double sinks, quiet pools, romantic for a couple, and affordable with AP discounts or promotional code.

Favorite Deluxe- Contemporary Tower: great view from our balcony, HUGE rooms, large bathroom, the monorail!!!

Favorite Overall- Caribbean Beach Resort. This is just my individual choice but I love the beach atmosphere at CBR even more so than the Polynesian. I also think it is a great value. I don't have to sit and worry about how much we are spending a night. To me just not having to cook, clean, work, make beds and do laundry is a luxury and CBR provides all that and more!

I feel the same way about posts that ask you to compare 2 resorts. If you haven't stayed at both, how can you compare them?

My favorites to date are:

1. WLV
2. AKL
3. POR
4. ASMu
5. Coronado

Will be staying at POFQ in May - looking forward to that. Also hope to stay at CBR this fall. Was going to stay at the Contemporary Tower in April until I found out it was Grad Nite weekend and could be noisy. I'll get there yet!! ;)

Favorite: BoardWalk; by far the best on site. Have stayed at every WDW resort other than AS, AKL, and Yacht Club; have also stayed at Swan (non-WDW) and at SOG when it was known as Disney Inn (and a stay before then when it was known as the Golf Resort).

We've stayed at Dixie Landings, BW Villas, BC, Swan & Dolphin.
Favorite would be BWV because of the great location & loved having the microwave & refrigerator in the room. It also has our favorite pool with the great roller coaster waterslide in Luna Park.

1. BWV-4th time this April!
2. Swan (location) 1x
3. Dolphin (location) 1x
4. Dixie Landings-favorite theming & food court-4x
5. BC-this was our first deluxe & were expecting a big difference from Dixie because of the price. Great location & eateries.

I've stayed at ASM (3 times), ASMV, POR (twice), CSR, YC, BWI and Dolphin (twice). I have to say my favorite so far is BWI. I think the location is one of the best in WDW with it being near Epcot and MGM, and I like all the activity going on in the evening on the Boardwalk. The pool is also one of my favorites. Just love that water slide at Luna Park!

We've tried the cabins at FW (2), Poly (25), BC (3), CBR (1 night),GF (1). Our next vacation will be at BCV but I know we'll be back to the Poly and GF at least for weekend stays when we're using DVC points for midweek. We also want to spend a couple nights at the AKL sometime in the winter. However, I do think people can have favorites without having tried many different resorts. If they stayed at a resort and loved it, of course it can be their favorite...not just a claim. I know we'll never stay at the Boardwalk although the rooms look lovely and so many people love the resorts. The area is just too busy for us. I've read of people thinking the Poly is too busy with a pool that's so popular, but to us that resort is so peaceful (other than the pool:) ). Different strokes....

I can see where you are coming from Ducklite. We like to try different resorts everytime we go. The only times we have duplicated, we tried to make sure we were in different sections. This has worked out very well for us. We have stayed in DXL--both Magnolia Bend and Alligator Bayou, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach Resort, and the Contemporary. This fall we will be staying at PO-FQ. So far, we have enjoyed DXL (now PO-R) Alligator Bayou as our favorite moderate, and the Contemporary as our favorite deluxe. We look forward to trying them all, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter