Favorite Offsite Restaurant? Locals encouraged!

My family loved the Golden Corral buffet. They had a huge buffet and every night was a different theme. The nights we went were chicken and mexican.If you are looking for pizza, CiCi's offers a great value at $4.49 for all you can eat.

Kay1 said:
Btw, I saw a man who looked exactly like your husband exiting PW at the AK Saturday morning!

Too funny - that had better not be him unless he snuck out that morning without telling me :)

Any reviews of Roy's or Seasons 52? I've heard good things about both of those, but have yet to try them.

Cheers!
Heather W

Heather-

Seasons 52 is amazing!!! We go as often as we can, and when family visits this is the one place they always want to go. Everything on the menu is under a certain number of calories (475, I think) but is delicious and filling. We have never had a bad meal here or a bad server, they have always been fantastic. Their menu changes with the season, we were there about 2 weeks ago and it was their Autumn menu, everyone loved their meals. Hope this helps!

There is a new All You can Eat place in the same plaza as Cici's called The Carving Station. The quality seems to be close to Texas De Brazil but at about half the cost ($22). Plus they have seafood and other meats that Texas doesn't. Kids are $9. Worth a look.

There is a new All You can Eat place in the same plaza as Cici's called The Carving Station.
It was the Angus Steakhouse. Just ate there recently since the changeover and the tenderloin alone was worth the money. The quality of the food was really good imho The place had a lot of tables and only a few of them were full. Hope the word gets out. The rent has to be high. :confused3

We like the Outback steakhouse in Kissimmee, especially because you can get take-out , my son doesn't like dining out.

I like both Pannullos Restaurant in Winter Park and Amalfi's Restaurant in Orlando.

We had Giordano's twice last week-we even brought a pizza back to Kentucky with us it was so good. Nothing compares around here.

We also had Boston Market a couple of times. Just over 10 bucks for 2 adults and 1 child with coupon-all kids meals are.99.

Sizzler was disappointing, Charley's was way too pricey for us.

Thanks everyone for some great ideas! The "DDP Is Ruining Everything" thread has caused me to look offsite for some new dining options... :rolleyes:

kerrynic78 said:
Heather-

Seasons 52 is amazing!!! We go as often as we can, and when family visits this is the one place they always want to go. Everything on the menu is under a certain number of calories (475, I think) but is delicious and filling. We have never had a bad meal here or a bad server, they have always been fantastic. Their menu changes with the season, we were there about 2 weeks ago and it was their Autumn menu, everyone loved their meals. Hope this helps!

Yes! My sister ate there in Ft. Lauderdale, and said it was great! Where is it in Orlando? TIA! :wave2:

Seasons 52 is on Sand Lake Rd in Orlando. There is also one in Altamonte Springs.

I'm glad I found this, we leave in a less than 2 weeks and I don't have any disney dining reservations. The reviews have been so negative that we planned on eating our 'nice' dinners off site this trip. I'm excited to try Texas de Brazil. Does anyone have a recomendation for a seafood buffet place? My dh would be very happy if I surprised him with an all you can eat crab legs dinner! Thanks for all the great ideas, I can't wait.

nomie74 said:
I'm glad I found this, we leave in a less than 2 weeks and I don't have any disney dining reservations. The reviews have been so negative that we planned on eating our 'nice' dinners off site this trip. I'm excited to try Texas de Brazil. Does anyone have a recomendation for a seafood buffet place? My dh would be very happy if I surprised him with an all you can eat crab legs dinner! Thanks for all the great ideas, I can't wait.

I love the pics of your dogs, all adorable!!

Texas de Brazil is great, you will not be disappointed! The meats are quality and what man doesn't love all the steak you can eat :teeth: I don't think we have tried a seafood buffett down there, we only usually do those at the beach. We are leaving the 3rd so our trips will intersect :Pinkbounc .

My opinion on Disney dining-
Just got back from Disney at the beginning of this month, had the "free" dining plan. If I had to pay for the meals I had there I would have been disappointed. The food was okay at Whispering Canyon but not worth the price in my opinion but the atmosphere was fun if you like loud and lots of activity. The Yachtsman was good but if I had to pay out of pocket I don't think I would choose to eat there again, the steak was a very small portion for about $30. 1900 Park Faire was just bad and I would never go there again. I don't know if it was because of the free dining or what but all of the meals took 2+ hours, service slow and very long waits for food. The best meals I have ever had at Disney restaurants are chicken quesadillas at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs and breakfast at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge, will definitely go to both of those places again.

powellrj said:
I know I have gotten emails before where they offered the salad bar only option. The salad bar is wonderful! I think the price for the complete meal is around $40, while the price for the salad bar is around $20. If you sign-up on the website, we have gotten some great coupons. Some have been for up to 50% off.

Thanks for the info for the e-club!! I have been checking the site periodically awaiting the opening of the Richmond, VA location but had not paid attn to the rewards club. Hopefully I will get my welcome gift in time for our Orlando trip next week :banana:

I was thinking we should go off world for a meal also.Celebration town tavern sounds like the place. I will have to go to the transportation board to figure out how to get there w/o a car!

"Sweet Tomatoes" +1 on that... sizzler cant go wrong either if on a budget.

I am spoiled here in vegas with good prices on local buffets.. orlando is expensive, for those $25+ meals being recommended, why not just go to epcot and eat at the chinese or mex restaurant and watch the light show? Or get the brave new world (?) pizza from rainforest cafe downtown dis for around $12... we had a rental car 10 days and never even left the property except for one grocery run... on site is so clean and nice and I'd rather pump my money into dis food establishments off season anyway...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter