Favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant!!

2minny

DIS Veteran
We have our favorite restaurants at all the parks, those places we can't wait to get to, except Magic Kingdom. Is it just me, or does it seem to be missing something that the others have? We like a few of the table service restaurants, but they're VERY pricey and aren't that great (CRT and BOG)! We like Columbia Harbour House and Casey's Corner, but it's not something we can't wait to have. In fact, last trip my daughter made, she was so disappointed at the amount of places closed at MK. Do you have a place at MK that you just LOVE and won't miss? You know those mid-range places like Sci Fi, Via Napoli, Satu'li?

At MK I had loved BOG for lunch prior to it changing. Doubt I'll go again now though.

I also enjoy Skipper's Canteen. Its a medium price point.

But the place that's a can't miss for me at MK is usually a place that many look down upon.
That's Cosmic Ray's.
I like the one grilled chicken sandwich and gotta have my plastic cheese haha.
I just like the vibe there too.

My kids (and DH) and I absolutely LOVE Skipper’s Canteen. Kids and I discovered it a few years back, and have been several times since then. I love the Thai Noodle dish (I get it with just tofu, no chicken, as I found the tofu was so much better!). I also liked that it was an easy place to get an ADR last minute, and some servers are so wonderful.

We often only do lunch as a sit down, as it gives us a break. From now on, I will always have lunch there if in MK.

I do agree, years ago when BOG had the old lunch, it was a nice break. I’m not fond of the offerings when they changed to the same as dinner, and it’s just not worth it to me. The lunch sandwiches and soups were quite tasty, but the dinners don’t sound good to me.

I like the Grand Flordian Cafe - as well as Gaspirilla's for lunch. A quick little boat ride for lunch and then back in the park without too much fuss.

If you want to stay in the park, I do really enjoy Skipper Canteen. And honestly? We like Tony's - not the food but the atmosphere - ask to sit on the porch and watch the people.

MK seriously lacks decent restaurants. It’s well worth leaving and hitting something on monorail or one of my favs Whispering Canyon Cafe which is short boat ride from MK.

MK has some places we really like. Plaza, Skipper Canteen and our fav is Liberty Tree Tavern. Of course wee like CRT but only for special occasions. Our youngest has had her birthday there the last 3 years.

I used to like the a la carte lunch menu at Liberty Tree Tavern, especially the entrée salad, but that is no longer available, and now it's family style only, even at lunch. So, I'm not a fan of LTT at this time.

MK really is in desperate need of some better food options (especially in QS). We loved the BOG QS lunch and with that gone really struggled to find anything good to eat. We wound up at Pecos Bill's one day and Cosmic Rays on another, which were ok but not particularly good.

We have our favorite restaurants at all the parks, those places we can't wait to get to, except Magic Kingdom. Is it just me, or does it seem to be missing something that the others have? We like a few of the table service restaurants, but they're VERY pricey and aren't that great (CRT and BOG)! We like Columbia Harbour House and Casey's Corner, but it's not something we can't wait to have. In fact, last trip my daughter made, she was so disappointed at the amount of places closed at MK. Do you have a place at MK that you just LOVE and won't miss? You know those mid-range places like Sci Fi, Via Napoli, Satu'li?
Nachos at Pecos Bills. Don't know why but love them! :) Also the footlong hot dogs at Cosmic Rays. For sit down Liberty Tree Tavern gets my vote.

Crystal Palace (I think we’re unusual around here in really enjoying buffet service, although I believe it’s still closed?) and CRT (we were lucky enough to get a reservation there on our last trip - the first time we’d done so) and LTT. I’m not familiar with Skipper Canteen and just had to look it up; the menu doesn’t appeal. The Plaza is overrated IMO - we ate there one evening on our Dec 2019 trip; the wait staff were borderline surly and the food was decidedly average, and I only left 15% rather than my usual 20% to reflect that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter