Favorite Magic Kingdom restaurant!!

I'm always down to grab a waffle sandwich or corn dog at Sleepy Hollow... or funnel cake.. or churro ice cream sandwich.

For table service dining, we also love Skipper Canteen. Adventureland is my favorite land, so I enjoy going into the library and looking at all the funny book titles in the "secret" passageway. Also, it costs half what CRT or BOG does.

now I'm really questioning our BOG reservation at the end of the month. It's just me and my 10 yr old DD and she wanted to eat there, but man it's pricey (although I'm sure I can get her the kids meal there.) We love Skipper Canteen, but it didn't feel "special" enough for this girls trip which we've never done before just by ourselves. But last time we were there it was QS lunch and I *hated* it (and a server spilled a glass of red wine down my daughter's back, that was fun.) and swore I was done....kind of wanted to give it one more shot before she totally aged out of this. Decisions, decisions. We only have one park day at MK so am hemming and hawing over this!

now I'm really questioning our BOG reservation at the end of the month. It's just me and my 10 yr old DD and she wanted to eat there, but man it's pricey (although I'm sure I can get her the kids meal there.) We love Skipper Canteen, but it didn't feel "special" enough for this girls trip which we've never done before just by ourselves. But last time we were there it was QS lunch and I *hated* it (and a server spilled a glass of red wine down my daughter's back, that was fun.) and swore I was done....kind of wanted to give it one more shot before she totally aged out of this. Decisions, decisions. We only have one park day at MK so am hemming and hawing over this!

Technically, at 10 you'd be paying the adult price for your daughter at BOG no matter what she ordered. I don't know how strict they are about verifying age in practice.

Technically, at 10 you'd be paying the adult price for your daughter at BOG no matter what she ordered. I don't know how strict they are about verifying age in practice.
I'd read they aren't very strict about it. But guess we'll see.

Sit down...Be Our Guest

Quick Service ... don't really have one at MK there all the same to us

Magic Kingdom is a day when we pack our cooler with sandwiches. We've tried every restaurant there and none are great, especially when you consider the price of mediocre food.

We did Be Our Guest for dinner before the fixed menu and loved it. We did it again for breakfast before the shutdown and it lost a lot of luster. The food's just not worth the price once you've had the experience of going inside.

Now the only place I will sit down to eat at MK is Skipper Canteen. It's a mile above every other table service in terms of food quality and food variety. The food at CRT, Tony's, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, and the Plaza is bland and pretty much interchangeable for my family.

Agree about food there, we really only eat at Columbia Harbor House. We usually take a break and go to Poly for Captain’s Cook and a Dole Whip or go to the Wave at the Contemporary.

I can't find Skipper's Canteen on the Disney website and I've never hear of it. Where is it?

I love BOG for the atmosphere; the castle is great! I'm sorry to learn that they have discontinued the lunch offerings. I always enjoyed the carved turkey sandwich.

I also like Liberty Tree Tavern. I do like the Thanksgiving foods, so that's probably why.

For QS, you can't beat the atmosphere upstairs in Colombia Harbor House. Bonus points if you get a window seat to people watch while you eat. It is sufficiently spaced upstairs so that it is comfortable. The food is meh, in my opinion, but it's edible and the atmosphere makes up for it. I tend to order the kids meal now.

Everyone used to carry on about Pecos Bill's. I was so disappointed when we ate there. It's probably because I'm accustomed to good Tex-Mex, but I thought it tasted like something Six Flags would offer.

I found the food at Cosmic Rays surprisingly good. I think the dining room needs more room and a serious makeover, but the food is good.

I liked Crystal Palace when they had the buffet. It wasn't the best food ever, but it was decent.

I also liked Cinderella's Royal Table. It's a one-and-done due to the price tag, but I'm glad we got the experience. The food was mediocre, but the castle was nice and the experience was good.

I can't find Skipper's Canteen on the Disney website and I've never hear of it. Where is it?

Its right near Jungle Cruise. They incorporate some of the jokiness of JC into the menu and servers’ patter. I think it’s officially called “Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen.”

Everyone used to carry on about Pecos Bill's. I was so disappointed when we ate there. It's probably because I'm accustomed to good Tex-Mex, but I thought it tasted like something Six Flags would offer.

We had decent nachos there a year+ ago, but on our last trip the exact same food was incredibly bland. It was disappointing. The carnitas had no flavor.

Tony’s!

Haven't been to Tony's since the 90's when I was about 11. We're going to give it a chance in August. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Olive Garden, so hoping for something at least on par with that.

Our go to at MK was always CHH, but that's not an option, and also BOG, but not now that lunch is prix fixe.

We tried Skippers once and all thought it was very bland, though I would like to try that whole fish sometime if it's still on the menu. I forget what it is, some sort of invasive species I think.

Honestly, there is nothing at MK that we really enjoy! Way better options at the resorts in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter