Favorite Iphone or Ipod touch apps for kids

DebMcDonald

DIS Veteran
I've got my long awaited Iphone and I think I'm losing it to the kids. What are some of your kids favorite apps.

Our games that we play or have been recommended are:

Stack the states (Absolutely favorite)
Cute the rope
Sky Burger
Angry birds

Will probably be getting stack the countries too.

I figure if they are going to play more than I do, I'd like them to be learning at the same time.

Not really educational, but my 8 y.o. and 2 y.o. crack up at Tom the Talking Cat. They will both spend 1/2 hour or more talking to it. :laughing:

Well, none of these are educational and most of the were free (a paid app what's that?) but my kids love them....

Atomic Fart Button - yup, makes all kinds of gross noises kind of like an electronic whoopie cushion
Talking Tom Cat
Scoops
Virtual Zippo :confused3
The Shut Up Button
Lightsaber Unleashed

A couple that I've had to remove because I didn't feel they were appropriate - Battle Bears and iGun.

On mine are:

TS Mania
Cartoon Network
Tap Tap
Doodle Jump
new Hop version of Doodle Jump
Nick Jrs A-Z
Chop Chop Ninja
Spongebob Marble
Fruit Ninja
Sunday Lawn
Helmet Hero
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
Angry Birds Rio

Nearly all of these were free. I check the free apps periodically. Sometimes they're not really good, so I delete. I think AB Rio is free right now.

My eight year old loves music so I was going to get her the Garage Band app for her ipod touch but it's $4, just wanted to make sure it was worth it? Any body have this one?

We have a bunch of the free games as others have said, but my absolute favorite app is Math Board. You can read about it here http://theikidsblog.com/blog/2010/06/14/top-10-educational-ipad-apps-for-kids/ . My daughter kept on counting on her darn fingers for addition and subtraction problems, because as far as I'm concerned they just don't drill them enough anymore. I have her take 2 X 25question quizzes a day after homework, or after dinner etc. Her speed and memory of certain combos has increased tremendously. I also started teaching her adding 2 and 3 digit numbers, carrying etc. The program will actually walk you through problems, and she can use her finger as chalk on the board which makes it "fun" for her. It is a cheap app, but absolutely worth the money.

My son loves all the Thomas the Tank Engine interactive books. I bought just about every single one of these now. The most recent Misty Island one is great. It has some neat puzzles/games/coloring activities built into it.

My kids also love to use them to watch Netflix (free app), and they can play the kid queue right on the iPad or the iPhones which is fun for them. Remember most the apps allow you to install on multiple devices, so you don't have to buy several copies of the same app.

We love Stack the States. My kids have picked up quite a bit. We live in Arizona and were taking a weekend trip to New Mexico. My first grader was quite concerned and told me we shouldn't go to New Mexico because it "bothers Arizona." I asked her who told her that and she told me Stack the States. She was reading the word borders as bothers. :rotfl2: Poor girl thought New Mexico was going to pick a fight with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter