BLT (Home Resort)-
Location/Transportation, theming, dining, TOWL/fireworks, views
AKL- Has a friggin’ savannah, theming
Poly- Nostalgic vibe, grounds, location/transportation, fireworks, Luau
GFV- Luxury, location
HHI- Relaxing, nice Lowcountry vibe
OKW- Spacious rooms, relaxing, access to DS
SSR- Great GVs, access to DS

Out of all of them- Poly could be even higher with broader room selection (i.e. Poly w/1 & 2 BRs would be a powerhouse IMHO).

Last edited:
We love them all and miss all the other ones we are not at but - will try to put it some order. Our home resorts are BCV and OKW.

Beach Club
Boardwalk - Boardwalk and OKW - come close together - for DH OKW wins second
OKW
AKV
SSR
Boulder Creek
Vero
Hilton Head

We have yet to stay at Copper Creek, BLT, Poly and GF. I want to try them all, DH is in no hurry and hardly ever wants me to waitlist.

All good - We have enjoyed every stay and are happy to be there. Each one has it's own theme/location and makes you feel like you are in another place completely.

Is this DVC property only…or should we include non DVC like Fort Wilderness Cabins or Non-Disney like Swine and Dolphin?
I’ll assume DVC property we’ve stayed at only:

BLT – Location (Monorail and MK)
SSR – Location (near DS), also lots of choices on rooms
Poly – Theming & Location (toss up with BLT, but lack of room choices puts it down my list)
AKL – Theming is great, rooms are nice, but the remoteness isn’t my favorite – I like to walk, boat, or monorail to places rather than drive or bus only.
VB – I have only limited experience there, hard to rate
HHI – Same comment as VB

Other comments:
  • I like the Fort Wilderness and Cabins a lot, it’s kind of like a downscale Treehouse Villa. Tie with Poly if it were competing with DVC.
  • So far I’ve used my BRV points at SSR and HHI (that's sad lol, but I got the points cheap). Someday I’ll have to stay at VWL. We do like visiting there and eating there. It potentially could be 1st or 2nd at top of the list

We have young kids who love MK so BLT is the top of our list and the first contract we bought. We do 1 BRs so it is based on that. I would not say the same for Studios (too small for more than 2 people in my opinion). We love the Contempo Cafe and feel it may be the best resort QS on property (but we have not stayed at all of the resorts). The walk to MK can't be beat EXCEPT maybe by the walk back to BLT after fireworks and park close. Not dealing with buses after a long day is priceless.

Next would be BWV which we also have points. The proximity and ability to walk to two parks is again priceless. We love the vibe of the resort, but the lack of good QS (no offense BW Bakery) puts this one at #2 on my list. The walk to and from EP and DHS are dreams come true. I love to slide into EP to grab a drink in the UK pavilion to watch fireworks with my DD while DW and younger DD head back to the room for bed when we can.

BCV would be a #2b simply because it is tough to get at the 7 month mark sometimes. But we love that resort as well.

I would have to list the Poly next. My wife is not a big fan due to Studios only. But, I have a 8 yo DD who is also a Disney fan so we did a daddy/daughter trip for MK park reopening with the AP Preview and we stayed at the Poly and I'll say it is a trip I will never forget. I love the vibe at the Poly and the studios are perfect for a regular daddy/daughter trip (maybe not every year but certainly every 2 or 3).

With multiple trip cancellations and friends who are DVC members with trips cancelled as well, we had the great fortune to combine points and do an adults only split stay in a cabin at CC and a Bungalow at the Poly. I would love to put those higher on the list (the cabins are perfect) but the point requirements put them in the 'once in a lifetime unless I win the lottery' category.

We are curious about AKL, but given the choice for our next trip my whole family chose to go back to BLT. We'll get to AKL someday, but other than that I think we have our picks. Gotta love DVC for the flexibility to choose.

All are great, but here's a rough ranking based on staying at ~1/3 of them, visiting a few others, and watching videos of the rest online. Assuming points/price/availability don't matter.

1. Aulani
2. Grand Californian
3. Bay Lake Tower
4. Grand Floridian
5. Riviera
6. Polynesian
7. Copper Creek
8. Jambo House
9. Hilton Head
10. Saratoga Springs
11. Kidani Village
12. Boardwalk
13. Boulder Ridge
14. Beach Club
15. Old Key West
16. Vero Beach

What a fun post. I love reading everyone’s opinions and seeing how different the rankings are. It is so nice there are different themes for everyone!

Well, we are Poly obsessed - loved splurging to stay there prior to DVC and finally bought in when they opened the DVC here. That being said, we just bought another contract at Riviera. So, 1 and 2 are a toss up for me between these two. We love the luxury of Riviera and the quick service. We adore the skyline me and the easy access to the back entrance of EPCOT. At Poly we love the tropical theme, both pools, and all the dining options, as well as easy monorail access to dining at other hotels. We’ll likely we’ll do a split stay between the two each year.

After that, probably

3. VGF - so luxurious
4. AKL Jambo - amazing resort in general and great pool
5. BC - great location and amazing pool
6. BLT - enjoy the monorail hotels in general
7. And 8. BR/CC - Love the hotel theming and the main pool. Have no preference between the two sections.
9. BW - love the boardwalk in general, just don’t love the location of the villa, we prefer the hotel side
10. SSR - now, after the upgrade, it may be bumped above BR/CC.
11.OKW - Olivia’s is a dinner tradition, but otherwise we don’t love it
12. AKL - Kidani, it was just not for us and the pool felt better suited for kids younger than my preteen kids.

My ranking at the current moment, but subject to change based upon mood. Only ranking the ones I have stayed at. My caveat is that I like them all, but certainly like some more.

1. Aulani - Theming/Amenities
2. Polynesian - Theming, location, MK & EP Monorail access
3. Riviera - Location, style, easy access to two parks via Skyliner
4. Bay Lake Tower - Walk to MK/Second bathroom in 1bdr
5. Beach Club - Walk to EP/Stormalong Bay
6. Vero Beach - Great for a relaxing beach trip/great cast members
7. Grand Floridian - Great resort, but high points costs
8. Kidani Village - Absolutely enjoy the savanna view rooms/Second bathroom in 1bdr
9. Hilton Head
10. Old Key West

I like them all for different reasons

1 - BLT home resort, walk to MK, seeing fireworks from room or top of world lounge.
2. CCV second home resort, geyser point, super relaxing and used to love the walk/run to campground but think that’s gone now
3. RIV can’t believe I’m saying that one, when they were building it I had no interest at all then we stayed there last year and I fell in love with it. Got up to run around the lake every morning, love the gondolas, love the whole vibe of the resort, food is great at QS. Will be adding on here soon
4. Beach Club - walk to two parks, awesome pool and the whole boardwalk area
5. Poly - love the theme, super relaxing, great food choices and monorail
6. Animal Kingdom Lodge - animals and food
7. Old Key West - access to Disney springs via boat, super relaxing and nice pool
8. Vero Beach - awesome beach, so relaxing
9. Grand Floridian - good food, monorail
10 Boardwalk - walk to 2 parks and of course the boardwalk itself
11. Saratoga - walk to DS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter