Favorite discontinued food?

1. Garden Galley Salad at CHH
2. Beaver Tails in Canada (these have been gone for ages)
3. Maple glazed filet mignon at Le Cellier
4. Boatwright's french toast (though I think it's the same as Tonga Toast)

We ate at The Plaza for the first time shortly after they took the German potato salad off the menu. I was looking forward to trying that.

ETA: The only place we eat hot dogs at WDW is Casey's Corner, and we don't like the new rolls that fall apart too easily. Couple that with hot dogs that aren't all beef, and we probably won't be going back anytime soon. Bring back higher quality hot dogs and rolls. : )

I miss the jalapeno cheese pretzels they used to have at The Launching Pad in the Magic Kingdom. Used to eat at least a couple each trip.

We also miss Beaver Tails, soup in a bread bowl at Columbia Harbor House, ... shrimp wontons at Ohana. There are others, I just can't think of them at the moment!

I totally agree with these plus I liked the potatoes more than the noodles now at 'Ohana. My biggest missing favorite is the breakfast at Spoodles...oh the bread pudding that was there...:lovestruc

the large variety of fish that had been on the Kaltbord at Restaurant Akershus before it got Princesses!

Actually everything that used to be served at Akershus b4 the Princesses. The lefse & roast beef was delicious! I completely understand the whole princess thing and it made a non-busy restaurant a happening place, but we frequented it pre-princess and miss it so much!

I would have to say for me it is French Toast Loaf from the Main St. Bakery. We bought this every time we visited the MK for 20+ years.

NO!!! Every trip I say I'm going to have it and we never do because we are on a more strict eating schedule when we travel with the kids. DH and I are going alone in two weeks and that was on my list to try! :sad1:

I have no idea what it was called, but the CS @ The Land had a sandwich shop in 1988. They had some odd sandwich that was like ground beef in a cheddar cheese sauce in bread that was a cone. I spent 10 years craving it and trying to find something like it...and when I got to go back in 1998, I couldn't get it anymore.

It was called a "Hand-wich". Yummo :)

I miss the strawberry swirl from the Enchanted Groveand the twin lobster tails from Cap'n Jacks. I haven't been back to Cap'n Jacks since they were taken off the menu. I also miss the Concourse Steakhouse they had great steaks. I've been to the Wave and felt it was snooty and didn't like the food.

Basically anything from Tusker House when it was a CS. The corn chowder, the green beans, the potatoes... how I miss them!!!

I also miss the spicy cheese pretzels and the frozen coke at POP!!!

I'm really dating myself, but in the mid 80's the ice cream parlor on Main St. had a flavor called Lemonberry Swirl. It was a mix of lemon and some kind of berry flavored ice cream. It was creamy - not icy. I've never seen anything like it before or since. Also, I loved the French Toast Loaf! So sad to see that gone. I also miss the original menus served by Narcoosee's and Artist Point. Artist Point had a creamy onion soup that was the best thing in the world!!! Narcoosee's had a great menu with more basic steaks and seafood and a lobster cocktail! Both of those restaurants were more reasonably priced and had better food in those days!

I miss the jalapeno cheese pretzels they used to have at The Launching Pad in the Magic Kingdom. Used to eat at least a couple each trip.

Oh, yes!!! We talked about them for two years after we had them, until our next trip. Couldn't wait to have another one....then they weren't there. SADNESS! I still hope they bring them back. :goodvibes

The catfish at Coral Reef.The kids really miss McDonalds fries.

Oh my goodness! We finally tried the Coral Reef during our last trip (Jan.) and I was soooo excited to try the catfish, which I had seen on online menus. I was VERY sad to see that it was not on the menu when we were there! I did order the tilefish with fingerling potatoes and some kind of delicious horseradishy/tangy sauce --- FANTASTIC!!

Great Thread!

For food my biggest disappointment is no more prime rib or horseradish mashed potatoes at Yachtsman Steak House. That was the most amazing meal! I also miss the nachos ESPN used to have with real melted cheese, not cheez whiz like they have now.

For drinks I would say all the bar specific drink menus they used to have...the Oreo Mintini at Martha's Vineyard lounge, the Space Monkey at the Outer Rim, the Blue Blizzard at Blizzard Beach....so many yummy drinks! Now visiting the different lounges isnt worth the trip since you can get almost the same drinks anywhere.

The soup and sandwich combo at Columbia Harbour House. Our favorite sandwich had ham with broccoli slaw. (maybe tomato &/or cheese also?) We got that with a cup of clam chowder. Yum! We really miss it!

The cream-filled donuts at the Boardwalk Bakery :sad1: They were soooo good.

This just reminded me of another the vanilla (and chocolate)frosted donuts at BW Bakery. They had delicious donuts when they made their own. Now I believe it's Krispy Kreme..the same you can get anywhere. :(

I really loved the BBQ chicken breast and greens tossed with green goddess dressing they had on the Brown Derby lunch menu at DHS. It was a perfect light lunch on a hot day. I'm so sad to see it's not their new combined menu! We eat lunch there everytime we go to DHS. :(

I really loved the BBQ chicken breast and greens tossed with green goddess dressing they had on the Brown Derby lunch menu at DHS. It was a perfect light lunch on a hot day. I'm so sad to see it's not their new combined menu! We eat lunch there everytime we go to DHS. :(

They stopped serving this :scared1: I haven't been there in over a year, had no idea they took this off the menu. It was my favorite dish there :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter